Centennial,Ravenwood or Summit?

hardtackle

The track record you mention is the Cool Springs Blvd. area being zone from Ravenwood to Centennial. They are the ones not wanting to be rezone and now that they are rezone to Centennial, you are critical of the same people attending Centennial. Should you not support these new kids and parent that are leaving the Ravenwood zone kicking and screaming by showing some compassion and welcome them to Centennial?

Ravenwood is way over crowded and still has the largest student population in Williamson County despite the rezoning, yet it remains top notch school in education and offers the most sports variety for any school in Tennessee along with Farragut, Bearden, and Brentwood.

If Centennial is so great in your opinion, I would like to know why parents object for their children being rezone to it from Franklin, Independence, and Ravenwood? The way you tell it, you would think the parents would be kicking down the doors to get in at Centennial.

Centennial is the real City of Franklin School with it population based all in Franklin while Franklin High has the fringe elements of the City of Franklin but gets a large portion of it student body in the North by Northwest Area of Williamson County.

Explanation? Simple.People dont like change. Fear caused some to say things that are completely inappropriate. Elitism and seperatism made it even worse and obvious what the root of the problem was. Simple.

Try to stick to the topic, not the politics.

IMO CHS is the best coaching opprotunity in the county. Sorry if you dont agree with that. You dont have to, you know. Try to keep the insults and ignorance to a minimum.

Taco, I see I am not the only one that has a different opinion with your posts.

Lots of petty people want to keep CHS the step child school of the county. Give it a few years. I do believe that Centennial will be the school to beat in a few years. All the ingredients are there. Just needs the right coach to put it all together.

I have been a coacht reader for years and have never felt compelled to get involved with the posting. However, I think it is time.

I am not directly involved with the decisions being made at Centennial for their new head coach, but I am about as close as you can get.

While the assistant principal who is over athletics is involved, there is no doubt who is the catalyst for change. She is a very good lieutenant for a very good general and the changes are coming from the top. They make a very good team. They will hire a great coach. Coaches want to work for a principal that is a strong supporter of football. But beyond football, Dr. Brown is pushing all areas of the school and making positive changes by leaps and bounds.

I have heard some of the names of who has applied. I have heard the numbers of who have applied. They list is impressive and there are several true coaching legends that have applied. The latest I have heard is that it is far exceeding 100 applicants. There are multiple head coaches with state championsips to their credit who have applied and I was told that from the top. There are multiple coaches from the college ranks who have applied. There are huge numbers of younger coaches with coordinator experience for championship teams that have applied.

Yes, I am a supporter. Yes, I know athletics. Let the process run its course. Speculation and rumors are often sport and entertainment for some, but don't let it get so overboard that it taints the school.

CHS is a great school with a great future, in all areas. It indeed does have a strong athletic base. It indeed is a sleeping giant. And the new leadership is waking that giant and is setting high standards and expectations for the entire school.

Please dont slam this as the typical naysayers do. I am simply a very close supporter of a great school that is only getting better.

I agree that a change in administration was definitely needed & what we have now seems to be a great team! The coaching position at CHS is ideal because of such great support from administration. There is much excitement in the community now because of the new blood in the building. CHS is on the verge of becoming the top school we know it can be, but it truly takes a village that includes the contributions of the other principals, teachers and especially parents. With so many quality applicants as you’ve posted, the school is bound to find just what it needs. Go Cougars!

If "a familiar name seems to carry much weight in this process," why haven't any of his former assistants been interviewed for this job? If I were to guess, this principal will go back to his home county and pull a coordinator from there. The school website says he graduated from Oakland in Murfreesboro.

Summit is quite the mystery. New names making decisions in an old system. Yet, a familiar name seems to carry much weight in this process. Whomever takes office at Summit will need the ability to be punched in the face smile about it and convince young men to repeat the same abuse for about 10 weeks. He must leave his ego at home.

P.S. Hillary 2012!

Edited by JSCOTT

I don't know if SaraPalin is sarcasm or not but there has been no political view in the Sports Forum from SaraPalin, just pure sports talk. However, the HillaryBill with the Hillary 2012 promotion is "over-the-edge" political view that does not belong except in the Politics & National Issue Forum. If you support her, fine but this is not the correct forum to express your political views.

Crud - I was just going to use CoachT to announce that I was running for office in 2012 - just an assumption but I bet Rappy doesn't make a comment if the shout out leaned a little more to the right - and not to point out the obvious, but talking about what principal is going to hire what coach is more about politics than it is football, and if you don't believe that, i'm sorry.

P.S.

mindless 2012

centennial is a school that if they can ever make the right hire, the right coach at the right time, the coach needs to be a motivator and someone that can recruit the hallways and bring in a scheme that can be modified to fit the type of athletes at the school....they dont need a legend they need a hard worker that really likes the kids and is interested in their lives...toughtest part for centennial and any hs in williamson county is the teaching standards for the head coach, unless one is part of the pe dept a full academic load is tough to contend with.....they also do not make under the table deals with the coaches for extra cash...eventually they will get it all together, the right administration, the high energy coach who is allowed to have some quality assitants that are real football coaches and not sponsors....have the kids by in and then allow the whole school time to buy in