Perry County 2011-2012 Season?

theGURU

I don't think Perry will be as strong as last year..but I think they will still be in the hunt at the end for a playoff spot. Week 2 will tell where they are at. Lewis has 2 studs back that hadn't played..one all of last year and the other came in at the end of the year. The linebackers for Lewis will pretty much control Perry. Hard to find any better anywhere. Strength wise perry will have no one that can match up with them. Don't see Perry getting pass Lewis, but Perry still will be a strong team. Don't think the HC of Lewis could screw up this team this year. They do need QB help (Lewis that is). The two players back for Lewis is as good as it gets.

Perry will be strong, just not as strong as last years. Hard to defend 2 great players they had, but now they don't have the double threat, and don't see anyone else stepping up as good as the one they lost. Coaching edge to Perry just lack the playmakers Lewis has.

I don't think Perry will be as strong as last year..but I think they will still be in the hunt at the end for a playoff spot. Week 2 will tell where they are at. Lewis has 2 studs back that hadn't played..one all of last year and the other came in at the end of the year. The linebackers for Lewis will pretty much control Perry. Hard to find any better anywhere. Strength wise perry will have no one that can match up with them. Don't see Perry getting pass Lewis, but Perry still will be a strong team. Don't think the HC of Lewis could screw up this team this year. They do need QB help (Lewis that is). The two players back for Lewis is as good as it gets.

Perry will be strong, just not as strong as last years. Hard to defend 2 great players they had, but now they don't have the double threat, and don't see anyone else stepping up as good as the one they lost. Coaching edge to Perry just lack the playmakers Lewis has.

As in strong do you mean as a team?? This perry county team is stronger this year Than last as weight wise....

I believe one of the players came back last year around the 10th game.Heard the other was a stud and can be a stud if he just does what he needs to do to play this year.As for coachinging edge,that kinda made me laugh.How long has the Perry Coach been there?Maybe four or five years.Coach Sharp has been at Lewic Co about 24 years and only had about 3 losing seasons in that time.Won close to 200 games.Not too bad.Doubt the Perry Co coach makes it to a hundred and he's in Single A where things are a tad easier,at least in the regular season.Plus Lewis co had to move up against bigger schools.That alone makes thing tougher.Been ranked at the top or in the top 5 numerous times.Hasn't made it to the Stste but it has always been a Milan,Huntingdon,Westview when those teams were blessed with athletes that most teams wouldn't have beaten.I know of a lot of teams that have won 8 or 9 games just about every year but never won the big game.Can't be but 1 winner so I think Lewis Co has fared pretty well over the years.Plus,there have been several times when he could have done even better but because of disciplinary reasons,hurt his team.Some coaches may have caved in and let players play but coach Sharp isn't going to let a bad kid for the program play just for a win.

Edited by mrbigster

As in strong do you mean as a team?? This perry county team is stronger this year Than last as weight wise....

From my reading his post,I think he isn't talking about being strong as in weight.I'm thinking he's saying they are going to be good, but not as strong or good as last year.Saying they are going to be good with Tucker and some of the others back but are going to miss a couple other players pretty bad.One of them being Mercer.Think he's saying they will be good but some of the things that Mercer could do to change a game,won't be there this year.Maybe have to have Tucker run more this year which will lead to more shots hit on him.Plus the attention Mercer demanded last year opened things up for some of the others.Maybe Mercer had double teams that opened things underneath for other players.This year maybe no players with that kind of speed and teams can play man.I believe Tucker is going to have to do more,throwing and more running.Which again will lead to a lot more hits.Look for teams to really key on Tucker and try to take away from his scrambling and make him throw the ball.Not sure he has the group of receivers overall.May have 1 but teams will be able to take that away and make him throw to some of the others.And if he does run,really make him pay.

Edited by mrbigster

From my reading his post,I think he isn't talking about being strong as in weight.I'm thinking he's saying they are going to be good, but not as strong or good as last year.Saying they are going to be good with Tucker and some of the others back but are going to miss a couple other players pretty bad.One of them being Mercer.Think he's saying they will be good but some of the things that Mercer could do to change a game,won't be there this year.Maybe have to have Tucker run more this year which will lead to more shots hit on him.Plus the attention Mercer demanded last year opened things up for some of the others.Maybe Mercer had double teams that opened things underneath for other players.This year maybe no players with that kind of speed and teams can play man.I believe Tucker is going to have to do more,throwing and more running.Which again will lead to a lot more hits.Look for teams to really key on Tucker and try to take away from his scrambling and make him throw the ball.Not sure he has the group of receivers overall.May have 1 but teams will be able to take that away and make him throw to some of the others.And if he does run,really make him pay.

we will see

How good is Kobe without Shaq?

How good is Lebron without D Wade?

How good is Tucker without Dr. Dray Mercer?

.... You got questions? Tucker has answers....

Make him pay when he runs? Ask a few linebackers and DB's, They are the ones Paying. Oh yea, he's a magnificent defender too, he can't possibly do it all himself...

To me, this kid sounds a lot like a Super Hero.

Enrique Iglesias is singing in the background as Tucker emerges from the darkness..

" I Can be your Hero BABY, I can take away the pain, I will take.. your breath away"

• Upvote 2

Make him pay when he runs? Ask a few linebackers and DB's, They are the ones Paying. Oh yea, he's a magnificent defender too, he can't possibly do it all himself...

Enrique Iglesias is singing in the background as Tucker emerges from the darkness..

" I Can be your Hero BABY, I can take away the pain, I will take.. your breath away"

:roflolk::roflolk::roflolk::roflolk:

+1 :roflolk:

No doubt he's an awesome athlete.He does dish out punishment of his own.But still last year ,he had more weapons around him,especially Mercer.I'm just wondering if he is going to have that kind of a go to player to help him out,that won't require a double team.I'd be willing to bet he takes a lot more hits this year wheras last year he had Mercer to throw to or if he got in trouble,made a short pass just over the line of scrimmage.I think teams will be able to line up with the receivers this year and not get burned.And that will make it harder on Tucker and have him scrambling more.Yes,maybe a lot of big plays,but just one wrong hit could be disastrous.

No doubt he's an awesome athlete.He does dish out punishment of his own.But still last year ,he had more weapons around him,especially Mercer.I'm just wondering if he is going to have that kind of a go to player to help him out,that won't require a double team.I'd be willing to bet he takes a lot more hits this year wheras last year he had Mercer to throw to or if he got in trouble,made a short pass just over the line of scrimmage.I think teams will be able to line up with the receivers this year and not get burned.And that will make it harder on Tucker and have him scrambling more.Yes,maybe a lot of big plays,but just one wrong hit could be disastrous.

Mercer will be missed, that's for sure. Like Bigster said, he could take a short pass and turn it into a 70 or 80-yard play. Tucker is a great athlete, but I'm not sure who is going to be his "go to guy" with Mercer gone. I'm hearing that Rhodes and Dill are not playing this year. Losing those two on top of losing Mercer is really going to hurt the Vikings. Mercer left some big shoes to fill, and IMO Dill had the best chance of filling those shoes. He's fast, and he's fairly tall, so he could jump up and snag the ball. I'm still hoping he will change his mind. He had a good season last year, and would be even better this year. I'm assuming he wants to concentrate on basketball, but I think football may just be his best sport. That's just my opinion, which isn't worth much. I guess we'll see what happens.