Perry County 2011-2012 Season?

theGURU

From my reading his post,I think he isn't talking about being strong as in weight.I'm thinking he's saying they are going to be good, but not as strong or good as last year.Saying they are going to be good with Tucker and some of the others back but are going to miss a couple other players pretty bad.One of them being Mercer.Think he's saying they will be good but some of the things that Mercer could do to change a game,won't be there this year.Maybe have to have Tucker run more this year which will lead to more shots hit on him.Plus the attention Mercer demanded last year opened things up for some of the others.Maybe Mercer had double teams that opened things underneath for other players.This year maybe no players with that kind of speed and teams can play man.I believe Tucker is going to have to do more,throwing and more running.Which again will lead to a lot more hits.Look for teams to really key on Tucker and try to take away from his scrambling and make him throw the ball.Not sure he has the group of receivers overall.May have 1 but teams will be able to take that away and make him throw to some of the others.And if he does run,really make him pay.

Bigster Ive never seen Mr Tucker play but.... I know that one player can take over a game and win it. Ask TCA about Jabriel Washington. Outside of him TCA didnt have much else to hang thier hat on. Any players who stood out got that chance by defenses focusing on Washington and a few slipped through the cracks. In the first half of the championship game it was Washington who showed out. However we know SM shut all that down with that 4a sized team they have. Truly an unfair advantage. But Jabiel gave a run for it as long as he could. But I agree with other posters on here that PC will soon be out of the picture. Maybe as soon as 2011 regular season ends. Its tough to win when people see you coming. If PC wasnt on the radar before ... they are now.

Bigster Ive never seen Mr Tucker play but.... I know that one player can take over a game and win it. Ask TCA about Jabriel Washington. Outside of him TCA didnt have much else to hang thier hat on. Any players who stood out got that chance by defenses focusing on Washington and a few slipped through the cracks. In the first half of the championship game it was Washington who showed out. However we know SM shut all that down with that 4a sized team they have. Truly an unfair advantage. But Jabiel gave a run for it as long as he could. But I agree with other posters on here that PC will soon be out of the picture. Maybe as soon as 2011 regular season ends. Its tough to win when people see you coming. If PC wasnt on the radar before ... they are now.

I have to admit,I didn't think Tucker was going to be as talented as he was throwing the ball but since he was up for Mr.Football,knew he was a great athlete.I thought maybe he had some speed,threw the ball preety well.But he has a cannon.Very good athlete and in basketball also.He is a stud.Same for Mercer.Extremely fast.He could turn a 4 yarder into a 70 yarder like Viking said and he took pressure off of some of the other players.I'm with you about 1 player.a lot of people will say that 1 player don't make a team.And they're right.It takes all the wheeels turning in unison.But take the State championship team Lake Co had in the 80's.Take Kenny Flag off that team and no way they win the stste.Take Jewell Flowers off the Falcon team he played for and Lake Co had other star players like Fredick Tharpe and Keyon Johnson but without Jewll,doubt they make it past the first round.Same is basketball this past season.Doubt Lake Co could win without Rafhael Tyler this past year.Not just his scoring but the way he shot and then would penetrate and pull a defender on him to set other players up for easy layups.He's the one that fed the table.It does take a team effort but 1 player can make a difference.especially in Single a ball where a team may not have the reseves to carry the load.

Edited by mrbigster

Tucker without all of his weapons from last year?= A watered down version of Marco Dailey.

He may be a great athlete who can lead a team on his back, but the story always will end the same. Take Dailey for instance, he was an amazing player, but couldn't lead a team by himself. Tucker's story will end the same way. They may win another region championship, go deep in the playoffs, and so-on and so-on, but the Vikings won't make it past the 2nd or 3rd round in the playoffs. As soon as this year is over, Perry County will have a steep decline in talent and will be back at the bottom of the barrel again.

Wow!! Do I feel like an idiot or what! Here I have been looking forward to another great season for Perry County and I didn't even realize we lost everyone on the team except one player from last years team! If you are honestly dumb enough to believe that Tucker is the only player on this team worth mentioning then you need your posting license revoked. I will start on the defensive side of the ball where the Vikings are absolutely loaded this year. With a host of starters returning from last year this D will be GREATLY improved from last year. Offensively Pc will be as good as ever I promise you that. Will it be the same exact style of ball as last year... well obviously no it wont but it will be fast it will be precise and it will be incredibly difficult to stop. Pc will once again be very fast but this years addition will be much more physical! Oh yea and then there is the Tucker kid who was the best in the state last year, and he will be the best in the state this year as he AND his fellow Vikings make all those foolish haters realize that this year the show goes on.

Wow!! Do I feel like an idiot or what! Here I have been looking forward to another great season for Perry County and I didn't even realize we lost everyone on the team except one player from last years team! If you are honestly dumb enough to believe that Tucker is the only player on this team worth mentioning then you need your posting license revoked. I will start on the defensive side of the ball where the Vikings are absolutely loaded this year. With a host of starters returning from last year this D will be GREATLY improved from last year. Offensively Pc will be as good as ever I promise you that. Will it be the same exact style of ball as last year... well obviously no it wont but it will be fast it will be precise and it will be incredibly difficult to stop. Pc will once again be very fast but this years addition will be much more physical! Oh yea and then there is the Tucker kid who was the best in the state last year, and he will be the best in the state this year as he AND his fellow Vikings make all those foolish haters realize that this year the show goes on.

I never said Tucker was the only player worth mentioning. However, I do think that losing Dill and Rhodes will hurt tremendously. I know Grimes and Hill will be returning as receivers, and both of those guys have as much heart and play as hard as anybody, but I have no idea who else is in line to play key positions this year. I sincerely hope that you are right in your predictions. I guess time will tell.

I never said Tucker was the only player worth mentioning. However, I do think that losing Dill and Rhodes will hurt tremendously. I know Grimes and Hill will be returning as receivers, and both of those guys have as much heart and play as hard as anybody, but I have no idea who else is in line to play key positions this year. I sincerely hope that you are right in your predictions. I guess time will tell.

:thumb: :thumb:

Viking_fan that wasn't necessarily directed at you or anyone poster in particular. I'm just tired of all the dooms day Tucker is all Pc has junk. Pc is more than fine in the Wr department and I won't be surprised at all when I show up week 0 and both Dill and Rhodes are out on the field. They are both die hard ballers and with Dill being a three sports star I'm sure he needs some time to rest physically and mentally. I can't wait to see this years product in action, I missed the two scrimmages but heard they were impressive which you do have to consider who we were playing I know. This will be another great year in this region. Pc, Wc, and C'wood will battle it out for the top spot and don't be surprised if CA makes some noise this year as they return I think about everyone.