• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Original Coaches

Ricky Bowers- Still there

Roc Batten- Still there

Scoot Perkinson- Still there

Brian Epps- Still there

Edd Caudill- Stepped down as OL coach but is still at EHS and may return as a freshman coach.

David Pack- Took the head coach and dean of students jobs at FRA

Jason Hiett- Was offered a position as the head of technical support (a promotion) at a school in Ohio where he still coaches.

Why dont you ask Caudill, Pack, and Hiett why they left. Not exactly the bed of roses you display.

Why dont you ask Caudill, Pack, and Hiett why they left. Not exactly the bed of roses you display.

It's amazing how these stories take on a life of their own. No love for unwashed in orange and black, but I seriously doubt the foundation is crumbling. Pack had been a head coach and returned to head coaching and un upper level admin position that will take care of him quite nicely when he decides not to coach any further. If the post is true, Hiett took a good position and relocated. Caudill is a little more interesting, but I doubt it's indicative of a major problem.

There were similar rumors when Bowers was at MBA, though they tended to focus more on player issues. Still, they were fielding 70 players on the varsity alone.

Much as I'd love to believe that there are problems of such magnitude that the school will descend into civil war and cannabilism before the Christmas break, I;m not putting a lot of money on it.

Caudill- Worked 15 years under Bowers, told me he just didn't want to coach this year. If he wanted to get away from Coach Bowers he would have done that a long time ago. Will probably go back to coaching at Ensworth soon.

Pack: Assistant Coach at Ensworth < Head Coach at FRA. He said it was his calling to pursue a new opportunity. Coach Pack was probably one of the best assistant coaches in the state while he was at Ensworth, there was a lot of schools that wanted him.

Hiett: Was simply offered a promotion that he really wanted out of state that probably pays better.

Coaches leave ALL THE TIME. It's actually pretty incredible that a bunch of guys who took a 4 year old school through 2 undefeated seasons in their first 3 years of competing in DII along with a pretty good first season have stayed together this long. I'm surprised more of them have not been offered head coaching jobs yet.

Original Coaches

Ricky Bowers- Still there

Roc Batten- Still there

Scott Perkinson- Still there

Brian Epps- Still there

Edd Caudill- Stepped down as OL coach but is still at EHS and may return as a freshman coach.

David Pack- Took the head coach and dean of students jobs at FRA

Jason Hiett- Was offered a position as the head of technical support (a promotion) at a school in Ohio where he still coaches.

The reality when everyone steps away from their allegiances is that any of our children would be blessed to be able to learn and play under Bowers, McGuigan, Potter, Caudill, Baylor's coach, McCallie's coach, etc... Leave it alone guys! Your whining, complaining, name-calling, and over all victim mentality are boring and lack substance. Celebrate and appreciate this season for what it was, not what you wish it had been. Ensworth and Baylor were the class of the field this year and put on a great show in Cookeville.

Roll Red Roll

The reality when everyone steps away from their allegiances is that any of our children would be blessed to be able to learn and play under Bowers, McGuigan, Potter, Caudill, Baylor's coach, McCallie's coach, etc... Leave it alone guys! Your whining, complaining, name-calling, and over all victim mentality are boring and lack substance. Celebrate and appreciate this season for what it was, not what you wish it had been. Ensworth and Baylor were the class of the field this year and put on a great show in Cookeville.

Roll Red Roll

It's amazing how narrow the difference was in the teams this year. I thought BA had the best talent, just slightly ahead of Ensworth. A slight distance behind would be MBA, Baylor, BGA, and McCallie, all of whome were pretty close in terms of talent. On a good night night, any of those teams could have beaten any of the others. One thing you can't take away from EHS is the fact that they beat two good teams twice in the same season...not unheard of, but certainly not common.

(Apologies to those in the West; I just don't see or hear enough about y'all to offer any sort of intelligent post. At the same time, I realize that hasn't deterred a lot of folks from jumping onto this board to share their ignorance).

Pretty sure all the W Campbell predictions took care of any credibility questions...

That was Rumble with the W. Campbell predictions, not Hdcastle. As for the Matthews move, I'm not sure what position he got. Can anyone clarify if it was in fact the Offensive Coordinator job or just the OL coach? Either way, he left Ensworth not because of being unhappy, but because he lives right next to BA and it was a good opportunity for his kids to go there. He enjoyed his time at Ensworth, and I can say that for a fact.