Who's the favorite next year?

jusboro

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pittsburg has a chance of being a good football team again next season. I believe South Pittsburg returns ALOT of talented youngsters next season.

Talented...yes. Tested? Not even close. Leaders? None that have stepped up like this senior class. Losing almost all of our talented line... 4 starters and a solid back-up..they are finally getting it, and an imposing LB who likes to bring the wood, losing one of the best RB's ever at SP and a solid QB/kicker who manages the offense very well. A lot of big shoes to fill! Potential...huge but we don't even belong in the 2011 state talk right now...maybe later... just maybe if our kids become a team

I think it will be similar to this year. The rich keep getting richer. Lake County returns 8 starters on defense and 7 on offense with many skilled athletes. Union City had a young team and will be much improved along with Huntigndon in the west. Middle you will see Jo Byrns, Wayne Co. Perry Co. push for dominance along with South Pittsburg, Gordonsville and Coalfied from the East. Those 9 teams will decide the Quarters and Semis of next year's playoff in my humble opinion.

Edited by wardawg2038

I think it will be similar to this year. The rich keep getting richer. Lake County returns 8 starters on defense and 7 on offense with many skilled athletes. Union City had a young team and will be much improved along with Huntigndon in the west. Middle you will see Jo Byrns, Wayne Co. Perry Co. push for dominance along with South Pittsburg, Gordonsville and Coalfied from the East. Those 9 teams will decide the Quarters and Semis of next year's playoff in my humble opinion.

i think the only true team to worry about from the east is ole south pitt. and i agree with all the others.

That's a pretty good assessment. I think Coalfield is 2 years out from being a serious contender. However, making the semi-finals was a major year for that program.