Congrats to the OR Wildcats for a great season

bladerunner

Great year Cats! Looking back a couple of years ago, there were a few things the community wanted (other than wins). We were looking for discipline, enthusiasm, character and heart. In two years Coach Blade and his staff have more than met those needs. This years team and staff made some mistakes that cost a few games, but no one can question the heart and determination of those kids. The team and coaching staff have really bought into Coach Blade's "process". Brilliant move bringing in James Mitchell and Spencer Gulmire. They set the example of how the game should be played and are young enough that the players remember how these former Wildcat greats played.

As far as next year, lots of returning experience. There are so many players from the "super sophs" that no one has heard of yet. Many more than the ones who started this year. Keep in mind that injuries and medical issues forced many players to play out of position. Flowers and Ramsey would have been awesome defensive players, yet were force to play OLine. Although Bradley Zulliger is the best returning running back, it would be extremely risky to replace a 2 year starter (no matter how talented Rian Hall or Jaylin Henderson may be). Look for Hall and Normand to get a lot of carries next year (and not tiptoe...for those who know what I mean). Henderson could be a great playmaker at reciever for one year and then look out when he is the QB. Yes, there are some big losses by the graduation of some outstanding young men. They will be remembered as the class that turned it all around. Thanks to them all. Those of us who study the roster and know what is coming back know the future is extremely bright. The team is ahead of the rebuilding schedule and should be a contender from here on. Please stick around Coach Blade, the best is yet to come.

And the young running back, Kevin Steen, is an Oak Ridger. Came up through the Boys Club. When time allows, maybe I'll get into what little I know about filling the positions next year.

Again, GREAT SEASON WILDCATS! You've brought the pride back to Oak Ridge.

Edited by OR nole

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year: Offense:

QB - B. Zulliger SR (2 year starter), Rian Hall JR (play anywhere), Jaylin Henderson SO (future superstar)

TB - R. Hall, Joe Cobb SR, Matt Moore JR, Robert Valdez JR, Kevin Steen SO

FB - not always part of the offense, but Elliott Normand JR played it in the play-offs

Slot - Rian Hall or one of the other recievers

Rec - Brady Hull SR (lead 2010 in receptions), Ethan Wheeler JR(20+ catches), Rashad Gray JR (starter, might someday be really good), Jalen Miller JR, Chris Gholston JR, J. Henderson SO, Richard Turner SO, Seth Davis SO

Line - returning starters: Aron Flowers SR OT, Chris Ramsey JR OT/OG, Kevin Crane SR C, Bryce Wesh SR OGLine Candidates: Tommy O'Conner JR (some starts), Deron Williams SR (early season starter), Tyler Jarnigan SR (defensive starter), 6'7" Chase Forrester SR, Darius Patterson JR, Zak Clark JR (could be starting LB), Camden Clark JR, Stephen Wilson JR, huge Mitch Frame SR, Tony Hall SR, Braylon Redmond SO, Tim Grabenstein SO

K - Brett Beeler JR (2 year starter)

I'm sure I left some worthy candidates off, but I don't know all of them. Need to replace RB Fludd, Rec Vez Smith, and OL star Valedon. The players are there, its just a matter of putting them in the right places.

Edited by OR nole

Oak Ridge will have crazy good team.Rocky will be easy to replace.He never had great games against good teams and didnt break many tackles or long runs.The offense will be loaded and there will be 4 GREAT sophs next year that will have breakout years.The D returns 2 starting DTS(T.Jarnigan,D.Williams).Normand,Mears,Ingam at LB(Card will be missed).A great CB in Hall and Saft(Gholston).Hull played everything from LB to Saft.There is 2 new guys coming to the ridge and one is from florida and one from down the road.Blade told the guys at church he wasnt going nowhere and his family loves it here.Be ready because the cats are back and there was 48 players working out when i went by the weight room Tues THE CATS ARE BACK FROM THERE 5 YEAR BREAK AND THEY ARE HERE TO STAY

Oak Ridge will have crazy good team.Rocky will be easy to replace.He never had great games against good teams and didnt break many tackles or long runs.The offense will be loaded and there will be 4 GREAT sophs next year that will have breakout years.The D returns 2 starting DTS(T.Jarnigan,D.Williams).Normand,Mears,Ingam at LB(Card will be missed).A great CB in Hall and Saft(Gholston).Hull played everything from LB to Saft.There is 2 new guys coming to the ridge and one is from florida and one from down the road.Blade told the guys at church he wasnt going nowhere and his family loves it here.Be ready because the cats are back and there was 48 players working out when i went by the weight room Tues THE CATS ARE BACK FROM THERE 5 YEAR BREAK AND THEY ARE HERE TO STAY

this my friend, is what i like to hear..

Don't tease us. What do you know about the new guys?

Next year: Defense - must replace DEs Zach Hughes, Jeff Mason, and Sam Bingham; LB Geoff Card; CB Tyrus Henderson.

DE - no returning player had real quality time on varsity, but lots of good JV players coming up including 6'7" Chase Forrester SR, Juniors Tyler Dowdy, Stephen Wilson, Tommy O'Conner, and Camden Clark. Sophs Braylon Redmond and Tim Grabenstein could be special. SR Aron Flowers could be a GREAT DE but started the past year at OT

DT - returning starter Tyler Jarnigan SR. DeRon Williams SR got lots of playing time. Darius Patterson JR got lots of time as well. Add SRs Tony Hall and Mitch Frame to the candidates. Srs Kevin Crane and Bryce Wesh could contribute but they started last season on OL. JR Chris Ramsey would be the best player on the DL if the coaches choose to play him there.

LB- Elliot Normand JR is special. Sr Luc Meares is a retuning starter. Jrs Zak Clark, Matt Moore, Ethan Grumski, and Trejon Spratling will play. Clark seems to be ahead of the rest. Don't know anything about the upcoming sophs.

LB/SS - 2 year starter Alex Ingham returns.

DB - starters Rian Hall JR, Brady Hull SR, Chris Gholston JR return. Soph Jaylin Henderson and JR Jalen Miller will play a lot. Maybe SR T. DeGregorio gets a chance. Rashad Gray JR and Ethan Wheeler JR will probably stick with offense.

P - starter Drew Stokes JR returns. Could be pushed by the soph Hunter ?

I've been told some of the 2009 freshmen that did not come out last year will be back for their junior years. Next years junior class is loaded. Winning makes everyone want to play, be a part of something special. I'm sure I left a couple of good ones out. Sorry.

Don't tease us. What do you know about the new guys?

With so many Oak Ridge kids (Mr. Football Kyler Kerbyson - Catholic; Zach Stuart - Knox West; Dee Shannon - Clinton; Bryson Leinius - CAK) starting for other teams maybe its time we got a transfer or two come our way.

Edited by OR nole