Top 3 football teams in the state

countryREB

1. Alcoa

2. Ensworth

3. Marywille

4. Symrna

Alcoa is the best team in the state! Undefeated and knocked off the #1 6-A team, in the state. Ensworth only loss is to another private, but beat a strong symrna team nicely. Maryville wins it all, but loses to the best team in the state. Symrna gives the ball to Bryson 40 times a game, they're the best team in the state and would be undefeated. Bryson is that good and the line creates open spaces for him (or another) to run!

Greenville looked better than I thought, but still not top 3 in state!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Ensworth

2. Alcoa

3. Maryville

4. Smyrna

I don't see how it could be any different "this year". As much as I like Alcoa, I don't see them matching up with Ensworth at all. Alcoa beat Maryville which beat Smyrna, so that should be the order.

As to the Greenville argument. They played the WORST team I have ever seen make it to a State Championship game and they didn't have their best player magnifying their weaknesses. They looked good on Sat, but don't belong in the same discussion as the top four (at least).

Just for kicks.

5. Baylor (only two losses were to Ensworth)

6. Blackman (only two losses were to Smyrna)

7. Brentwood Acadamy (only losses were to Baylor and Ensworth)

8. Columbia (5A State Champs)

9. Greenville (4A State Champs)

10. (insert your favorite team here)

Maryville wins it all, but loses to the best team in the state. Symrna gives the ball to Bryson 40 times a game, they're the best team in the state and would be undefeated. Bryson is that good and the line creates open spaces for him (or another) to run!

OK fredsamuel......Usin' yore logick.....Eye guess if 'un Mairvul had give tha bawl too Prevo 40 times thay would have run away with tha best team in tha state rankins????...

Eye mean yore sr. runninback and Pitt commitment (Bryson) had 132 yds. on 25 carries, 2 TDS, and 5.3 yds. per carry....

Then our 14 year old frashman runninback (Prevo) had 108 yds. on 19 carries, 2 TDS, and 5.7 yds. per carry.... :blink:

Edited by STARSNBARS

I don't think there is anyone in the state at any level that could stay with Alcoa. That is an opinion. I only got to see half of Ensworth's game and was not at all impressed with them and I did get to see Signal Mtn. I thought Alcoa would have run over, through, and around Smyrna. My top five coming out of the weekend would have to be:

1. Alcoa

2. Webb

3. Maryville

4. Greeneville

5. Columbia

I don't think there is anyone in the state at any level that could stay with Alcoa. That is an opinion. I only got to see half of Ensworth's game and was not at all impressed with them and I did get to see Signal Mtn. I thought Alcoa would have run over, through, and around Smyrna. My top five coming out of the weekend would have to be:

1. Alcoa

2. Webb

3. Maryville

4. Greeneville

5. Columbia

Jake, your the most honest guy on these threads. The only reason I didn't have Maryville in my top 3 was because I felt the difference in there game was Smyrna's inability to field a punt. Letting those 2 punts roll inside there own 5 yard line in my opinion cost them 9 points. What do you think?

You are one of the biggest Alcoa haters on this thread. From years past Alcoa fans would say we would have a better chance to beat the Rebels at the end of the year. Guess what all- ALL the Rebels fans would say. We done beat you guess so therefore were better. Alcoa beat Maryville this year at Maryville. That was the first time the Rebels had lost in about 10 years at home. :wacko: And so some of you act like we couldn't beat you again :roflol: .... If I'm not mistaken Maryville caught every break in that first game. I guarantee you George Quarles would tell you who the best team was in the state.

Also for the schedule I will say CAK was better than Oak Ridge. Loudon was just as good as Oak Ridge. Loudon beat Bradley Central just like Oak Ridge. The only tuff game Maryville had was the championship game. Why don't you check your facts JACK???! Is it just that the Blount County Schools are that much better. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

So I'm a hater because I said Alcoa was not challenged or faced adversity in the past few years?

OK Fact guy. I give. Alcoa playes the toughest and best in the country! Is that what you think? Then think it.

Good luck thinking Alcoa is the best in the state, who really cares. Most will not agree with you there Jack. By the way good luck getting GQ to agree with you.

So I'm a hater because I said Alcoa was not challenged or faced adversity in the past few years?

OK Fact guy. I give. Alcoa playes the toughest and best in the country! Is that what you think? Then think it.

Good luck thinking Alcoa is the best in the state, who really cares. Most will not agree with you there Jack. By the way good luck getting GQ to agree with you.

<_< There isn't to many close playoff games for Maryville either. The TSSAA new system is broken. We need to go to 4 classifications with 1 private class. Alcoa 14 Cak 3 (week 3 of the playoffs) Wasn't that game closer than any Maryville played (playoffs) until the championship game? Alcoa had two starters out that game. I would call that adversity. Yet you want to make these comments.

Alcoa has won 43 straight games including two straight wins over your Rebels. You and the Rebel nation should know how hard this is. GQ is one of the greatest high school coaches ever in the state of Tennessee. Our run is going to come to an end soon but I won't forget how good the last two teams (09-10) have been.

<_< There isn't to many close playoff games for Maryville either. The TSSAA new system is broken. We need to go to 4 classifications with 1 private class. Alcoa 14 Cak 3 (week 3 of the playoffs) Wasn't that game closer than any Maryville played (playoffs) until the championship game? Alcoa had two starters out that game. I would call that adversity. Yet you want to make these comments.

Alcoa has won 43 straight games including two straight wins over your Rebels. You and the Rebel nation should know how hard this is. GQ is one of the greatest high school coaches ever in the state of Tennessee. Our run is going to come to an end soon but I won't forget how good the last two teams (09-10) have been.

mryville is also one of the only big teams that alcoa plays if im correct? so if that's the case if they moved up to say 5a or 6a i honestly doubt they would be as good as they are now in 3a

and i love how everyone puts ensworth on their list but not columbia even though columbia beat ensworth early season.... i really think columbia could have hung with some 6a teams this year towards the end of the seaon but next year they will be lucky to have a winning season with losing shaq mason, kenneth hughs and Trae'D that's really going to hurt them

mryville is also one of the only big teams that alcoa plays if im correct? so if that's the case if they moved up to say 5a or 6a i honestly doubt they would be as good as they are now in 3a

and i love how everyone puts ensworth on their list but not columbia even though columbia beat ensworth early season.... i really think columbia could have hung with some 6a teams this year towards the end of the seaon but next year they will be lucky to have a winning season with losing shaq mason, kenneth hughs and Trae'D that's really going to hurt them

how come the tssaa website doesn't show Columbia playing ensworth