2011-2012 Blount County Bowl

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA and ehs asked for a return home game for the clinic bowl (for charity not our coffers). That proposal was declined

Cleveland had a great home-home series with MBA in the early 90s so I'm not surprised that they accepted. Great program.

This bowl is not intended to be a one and done deal. This is something that both schools are trying to establish as a fixture to open the season of Blount City Football.

That would be, I suppose the reasoning behind a decline in playing in the clinic bowl.

It is what it is, I do not see how MBA would decline this offer, But I guess they have their reasons.

Just please don't say that you weren't invited.

As reported by yours truly when MBA reconsidered the invitation to play, I told you a Bradley County team would be there because a certain person said so....

With that, I give you:

Alcoa v. Cleveland at 5pm

and Maryville v. Webb at 7:30.

God bless Alan Jones.

Discuss.

I may just mosey up that way depending on Bradley's Schedule. Alan has a way of making things happen. :popcorneater:

This bowl is not intended to be a one and done deal. This is something that both schools are trying to establish as a fixture to open the season of Blount City Football.

That would be, I suppose the reasoning behind a decline in playing in the clinic bowl.

It is what it is, I do not see how MBA would decline this offer, But I guess they have their reasons.

Just please don't say that you weren't invited.

The clinic bowl wasn't either, and has a lot of deep history in Tennessee. Could have been a win-win for everyone, including the vanderbilt childrens hospital. MBA rightly believed that the bc schools would be great partners for that event. But they weren't interested.