Trezevant's behavior at State...Deplorable!

visionaire

Yes it was in the 4th qtr when I witnessed the taunting and yes it was the pointing at the scoreboard, pulling at their jersey's and pointing at their ring fingers. Just plain and simple taunting, This was a little more than emotion. I know you can't take emotion out of a game much less out of young men, but there is a difference in jumping up and down, congratulating your teammates, celebrating and taunting the other team. This happened twice after each score and after each kickoff . I did see one of the coaches getting onto one of the players involved so I know it wasn't being condoned.

This was just an observation by an innocent bystander. Its easy to see the other teams faults but not always as easy to see your teams faults. I am in no way saying that what Trezevant did was equal or right. There should definitely be some consequences and some actions taken against Trezevant. With that being said I don't think there should be any actions taken against Greenville. No excuse for taunting. No matter what the other team is doing. That's my opinion. I did it once after an interception. My coach took my helmet and I watched the rest of the game from the sidelines. Ran alot the next week in practice too. Never taunted another player again as bad as I wanted too. I knew the consequences. Just saying.

I agree completely. Most of what I saw from Trezevant was "reactions" and not "actions". Greenville's two point conversion at the end of the game was deplorable and a complete lack of respect for the game and their opponent. Spin it however you want, but there is no excuse for "running up the score".

Taunt a bull, and he might stomp his feet and growl a bit. Slap him on the rear (two point conversion) and he will charge. Whine about the bull charging after you slapped it on the rear - :roflol:

Congratultions to Greenville on the win. Congratulations to Trezvant for making the dance. :thumb:

I agree completely. Most of what I saw from Trezevant was "reactions" and not "actions". Greenville's two point conversion at the end of the game was deplorable and a complete lack of respect for the game and their opponent. Spin it however you want, but there is no excuse for "running up the score".

Taunt a bull, and he might stomp his feet and growl a bit. Slap him on the rear (two point conversion) and he will charge. Whine about the bull charging after you slapped it on the rear - :roflol:

Congratultions to Greenville on the win. Congratulations to Trezvant for making the dance. :thumb:

Running over a long snapper before he snaps the ball, hitting a kicker after he makes a PAT, Running your mouth at the refs, walking into the Greeneville huddle before a kick off are "actions" not "reactions". This all happened before Greeneville went for the 2 point conversion for the all time state scoring record and Greeneville Taunted Trezvant. If i was coach Ballard i would have went for two ever time after they late hit the kicker and hitting the long snapper to make sure they would not be hurt. Trezvant acted like a bunch of thugs. I knew before the game when they ran out on the field without there pads on and dancing around that the game was over. Greeneville did taunt Trezvant after they took a free shot on the holder by pointing at their ring finger and the score board. Should they have done that No but you can only take so much cheap shots before you say something

Should have been a flag on Greeneville after the first td. 11 spiked the ball, which in high school is specifically a 15 yard unsportsman foul.

well heck, Fred, no wonder the Bears got all thug....BJ spiked the ball in the end-zone. How unsportsman-like.No wonder they went after the long-snapper on the PAT...which, by the way would have been good from another 15 yds out.

Did you even see this game? You gotta be kidding me.

if you feel so strongly, why don't you run to trezevant high school and help them find some way to appeal the game. it sounds like you and coach white are on the same level, based upon his comments in the paper and your thoughts here. call it what you want, but the men in green will wear the rings. end of story

Some people have touched on this, but the BOTTOM LINE here is not where the kids come from (family structure and environmental factors do have a huge influence on behavior), but rather the COACHES and adults on the Trezevant sidelines.

Most young people will act out if they are ALLOWED to and ESPECIALLY if they know they can get away with it without reprimands or repercussions. That is exactly what I witnessed during the TV coverage...When they panned to THS sidelines, you rarely saw any of the THS head coach or any other coaches get onto a player after unsportsmanlike actions. Instead I only saw their coaches act as victims, complaining to each other. For the players this action by the coaches just serves to JUSTIFY the behavior, which causes it to escalate and ultimately lead to the game getting out of hand, b/c they focus more on the trash talking game rather than the game itself.

Mentally weak coaches produce Mentally weak Players.

That being said, Greenville, on the other hand, was not totally innocent. I have seen the Devils play plenty this year and they partake in their share of classless, unsportmanlike and bush league acts on a regular basis (notorious late hits, standing over players, taunting opposing sidelines), and I didn’t see their coaches reeling them in or chewing butts over it either. Their methods are used mainly to instigate or provoke something from the opponent. #11 has been guilty of this on many occasions, especially during the State game. Playing w/ high emotions is great, but Constantly standing over players, making hand gestures (saluting)--which should all be subject to a flag—and constant jawing and getting in players faces after big plays is taking it too far. What makes the situation volatile, is late when GVille is has been putting games away, they start to amp up the trash talking and goad teams into frustration penalties and fights. This definitely tarnishes your image and contradicts the idea of Winning with Class.

Edited by FultonPride

Okay, I am a fan of one of the county teams in Greene County (South Greene), but I will completely take up for the devils. They came to Rebel Hill and acted respectfully and curteous. I am proud of the Devils. I thought they showed great restraint when Trezevant was obviously asking for trouble. The refs should have ejected Booker much earlier. Whiners want to say they ran up the score: They were going for a state record! Whiners want to say they nagged the other team: Trezavant asked for it! Whiners want to say they acted a little to happy after scoring: Good grief, they do that in college. Maybe you should prepare your thugs for real life. Congrats Devils. Those of us on the South side of the river are proud of you.

Thanks for the support, the Devils should have scored 100 if they could. The Greene Devils and the county schools might not always get along but we respect each other.

They were doing these before the two point converion. Did we watch the same game?

Some people have touched on this, but the BOTTOM LINE here is not where the kids come from (family structure and environmental factors do have a huge influence on behavior), but rather the COACHES and adults on the Trezevant sidelines.

Most young people will act out if they are ALLOWED to and ESPECIALLY if they know they can get away with it without reprimands or repercussions. That is exactly what I witnessed during the TV coverage...When they panned to THS sidelines, you rarely saw any of the THS head coach or any other coaches get onto a player after unsportsmanlike actions. Instead I only saw their coaches act as victims, complaining to each other. For the players this action by the coaches just serves to JUSTIFY the behavior, which causes it to escalate and ultimately lead to the game getting out of hand, b/c they focus more on the trash talking game rather than the game itself.

Mentally weak coaches produce Mentally weak Players.

That being said, Greenville, on the other hand, was not totally innocent. I have seen the Devils play plenty this year and they partake in their share of classless, unsportmanlike and bush league acts on a regular basis (notorious late hits, standing over players, taunting opposing sidelines), and I didn’t see their coaches reeling them in or chewing butts over it either. Their methods are used mainly to instigate or provoke something from the opponent. #11 has been guilty of this on many occasions, especially during the State game. Playing w/ high emotions is great, but Constantly standing over players, making hand gestures (saluting)--which should all be subject to a flag—and constant jawing and getting in players faces after big plays is taking it too far. What makes the situation volatile, is late when GVille is has been putting games away, they start to amp up the trash talking and goad teams into frustration penalties and fights. This definitely tarnishes your image and contradicts the idea of Winning with Class.

I guess that Fulton is the classiest team in the state. I remember them attacking one of the Greeneville players during the game. Did you forget about that? You have the same problem as the other haters. your team lost. Sorry, but a 35-0 loss won't take you far in the playoffs.