Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

Apparently I need to claify. After reading most of this entire thread I thought it might be of interst to know how many of LAST years STARTERS came up through the ranks (feeder system, etc) of SM middle school. Or were they mostly transfers from other schools? From what I have seen it does appear that the majority of the senior starters did not attend SMHS as Juniors. Does anyone have a number?

Apparently I need to claify. After reading most of this entire thread I thought it might be of interst to know how many of LAST years STARTERS came up through the ranks (feeder system, etc) of SM middle school. Or were they mostly transfers from other schools? From what I have seen it does appear that the majority of the senior starters did not attend SMHS as Juniors. Does anyone have a number?

I think you need better glasses because you obviously aren't seeing things very clearly. All of the SM senior starters attended SMHS in their junior year. Two seniors didn't play football but they were at SMHS during their junior year and played other sports.

As for how many came through SMMS I don't have a count. I know there were several kids that went to the privates in middle school and came to SMHS when it opened. Seems they didn't want to go to Red Bank so the private route was their only alternative until the school was built up here. And we are very glad they came back to represent their community school.

Also SMMS finished 6-2 this year and they are looking to improve on it next season.

why did Sig. Mtn jump from 2A to 4A...was it because they knew Alcoa owns 3A?

Ain't gonna deny that wuz a factor, but also we'll be 4a at full capacity in a year or two.:rolleyes:

For LionFan, lots of kids left the mountain to go private after 5th grade cause no high school on the mountain. Many, including the Trollettes, returned once the school was built. So many of current juniors and seniors didn't go to middle school on the mountain, but were born and raised here and went to elementary school up here. Thankfully, many kids are now staying on the mountain after elementary school, since they know they can complete their secondary education here. :twisted:

2011 Signal Mountain Eagles

Week0 East Hamilton AA

Week1 Tyner AA

Week2 @Bledsoe Co. AA * District Championship Game :thumb:

Week3 @Blackman AAA :twisted:

Week4 Grundy Co. AA *

Week5 South Pittsburg A Oh Yea! Pirates at the Eagles Nest. :hungry:

Week6 Notre Dame AA *

Week7 @Polk Co. AA

Week8 Chatt Christian AA *

Week9 Open

Week10 @Sequatchie Co. AA *

* District Game

Edited by MountainTroll

2011 Signal Mountain Eagles

Week0 East Hamilton AA

Week1 Tyner AA

Week2 @Bledsoe Co. AA * District Championship Game :thumb:

Week3 @Blackman AAA :twisted:

Week4 Grundy Co. AA *

Week5 South Pittsburg A Oh Yea! Pirates at the Eagles Nest. :hungry:

Week6 Notre Dame AA *

Week7 @Polk Co. AA

Week8 Chatt Christian AA *

Week9 Open

Week10 @Sequatchie Co. AA *

* District Game

Think I Might Try And Make The Week 5 Game, Troll! LOL

Edited by Butchie

Think I Might Try And Make The Week 5 Game, Troll! LOL

Be glad to have ya. Looks like that's y'alls Humboldt game, though. Might not want to jink that one by travelin'. :roflol:

Hopefully, gonna have some of them Trouserdale HartsVillians down that week. Last year all you hosers wuz sittin' on the Halloween Orange and Black side. Maybe you'll decide to sit on the winnin' side this year. :roflolk:

Edited by MountainTroll