Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

Looks like we should see some very good games this year if the coaches that responded to Murphy know anything. According to their preseason rankings we will play 1A #1 South Pitt, 3A #7 Tyner and 6A #3 Blackman.

I’m anticipating a large crowd for the Tyner game and a huge crowd for the South Pitt game. I also hope the booster club gets the party busses lined up for the Blackman trip.

How do you see the match ups with Red Bank and Polk County.? Bledsoe will bring plenty of fire power and senior, experienced team also.

How do you see the match ups with Red Bank and Polk County.? Bledsoe will bring plenty of fire power and senior, experienced team also.

They dont play Red Bank and Polk Co. graduated so much I dont know what is left. Bledsoe can score on anybody and Signal's defense has been a big question mark. I dont go to Bledsoe that much, but ill be there for this game.

Edited by Omniscience

I hope we get to play Red Bank in the playoffs. Great rivalry and good competition. Even though Polk lost a lot of seniors, they always have some big ole boys who love to play smashmouth football. They will be the home team, so I'm hoping for a good game. Bledsoe definitely will be good next year, and the game is at Bledsoe. Don't forget Sequatchie. Fain is back, and Sequatchie hates us. Another away game for the Eagles, so should be a good one.

I'm looking forward to the better competition this year, but I don't believe there is a 3a or 4a team in SE TN that can beat the Eagles this year.:thumb:

I hope we get to play Red Bank in the playoffs. Great rivalry and good competition. Even though Polk lost a lot of seniors, they always have some big ole boys who love to play smashmouth football. They will be the home team, so I'm hoping for a good game. Bledsoe definitely will be good next year, and the game is at Bledsoe. Don't forget Sequatchie. Fain is back, and Sequatchie hates us. Another away game for the Eagles, so should be a good one.

I'm looking forward to the better competition this year, but I don't believe there is a 3a or 4a team in SE TN that can beat the Eagles this year.:thumb:

Troll we will see, the one thing i will give to yall is that your schedule is second to none. We will see this year how good yall are. Tyner is always good, and road games at Polk, Bledsoe, and Sequatchie. Sequatchie has Fain, he didnt play that much against Signal last year. Watch out for Brandon Smith from Bledsoe, he always shows up for big games and is a threat all over the field

Troll we will see, the one thing i will give to yall is that your schedule is second to none. We will see this year how good yall are. Tyner is always good, and road games at Polk, Bledsoe, and Sequatchie. Sequatchie has Fain, he didnt play that much against Signal last year. Watch out for Brandon Smith from Bledsoe, he always shows up for big games and is a threat all over the field

Just to stir the pot, I should add that there ain't no 1a team in SE TN that can beat us either. teeheeju9.gif

They dont play Red Bank and Polk Co. graduated so much I dont know what is left. Bledsoe can score on anybody and Signal's defense has been a big question mark. I dont go to Bledsoe that much, but ill be there for this game.

Interesting that Signal Mountain and Red Bank do not play in the regular season. It would be a huge gate, I would think. Red Bank is 4A in 6AA.

Interesting that Signal Mountain and Red Bank do not play in the regular season. It would be a huge gate, I would think. Red Bank is 4A in 6AA.

I agree. 6AA had eight teams and 7AA only had five, so they put us in 7AA. I hope they reshuffle 6AA and 7AA next go round.

Our schedule this year had to start from scratch with the move up, and we had to honor some two year contracts. Couldn't work it out with Red Bank this year. Hopefully in the future.

Edited by MountainTroll

Sure was good to watch football again but boy was it hot. Good thing it's just shorts and helmets. If you can't get in shape in this kind of weather, it's hopeless. The boys looked pretty good for the 1st day back. Lot's of kids out. Nearly 70 in all. 4A better look out. We will be very strong. I predict another ring.

GO EAGLES!!

Sure was good to watch football again but boy was it hot. Good thing it's just shorts and helmets. If you can't get in shape in this kind of weather, it's hopeless. The boys looked pretty good for the 1st day back. Lot's of kids out. Nearly 70 in all. 4A better look out. We will be very strong. I predict another ring.

GO EAGLES!!

The Goat sez: Maybe you and Pitchfork1 one can get replicas... :roflolk:

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to wish signal mountain good luck in our district and wanted to ask how can you call yourself champions when you got your starting qb and several other players drunk and with marijuana on techs campus......... most of all your coach hid it from the school administrators so someone please enlighten me about that situation so i have my facts straight thank you

Edited by MrDaTruth