Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

hey WIPES,please post any reply in english.now go wipe,old man!

You Signal Mountain Fans talk a big game for a team who won a 2A championship (Which is a weak classification) and openly admit you are afraid to play Alcoa! You will get a reality check this season once you get outside of Chatt.

You Signal Mountain Fans talk a big game for a team who won a 2A championship (Which is a weak classification) and openly admit you are afraid to play Alcoa! You will get a reality check this season once you get outside of Chatt.

tighten up your Depends,old man.we will see you in the playoffs if you make it that far.btw,when was the last time you guys got mercy-ruled?now WIPE!

Barb, Since we made the jump to 4A these boards have been active with speculation that we skipped 3A to avoid Alcoa. I think our coach just wanted to affirm that and I think the coach made a very wise decision. I also have no problem with what he said in the article which was “They’re the best team in any public school class, and they proved that by beating the best 6A team the last couple of years,†Price said. “I don’t think we can play with them right now. I don’t think anybody in the state can.†Notice he said right now, I think it’s important to note this will only be our 3rd year of varsity football. Our coach clearly thinks we can compete with other schools that don’t have the enormous advantage that Alcoa enjoys and I think he proved it by scheduling a top 6A team.

Let me ask you a question. How many private schools in the state only charge a $500 tuition? I knew they had an advantage but didn’t realize it was this big, $500 is a joke. Wonder how many kids spend $500 to go there for academic reasons? Also wonder what would happen if say 100 kids registered to go there, would they take them all? That would only be $50k for 100 students which would require them to have more space and more teachers. They couldn’t restrict it to athletes only could they? Seems to me if the people up in Knoxville want to stop this and level the playing field they will all register to send their kids there and Alcoa would have to cry uncle because they couldn’t take them for less than what it cost to educate them, like they are clearly doing today with the athletes.

Oh one last thing, Greeneville can schedule them for the same reason Maryville can because a loss doesn’t mean anything as you can still win state. However, if we were in 3A a loss to them it would end our season short of the state championship. Who knows next schedule bid in two years we might just schedule them in place of Blackman.

im sure theres something in there worth reading,but life is too short to look for it.go scratch,old man!

tighten up your Depends,old man.we will see you in the playoffs if you make it that far.btw,when was the last time you guys got mercy-ruled?now WIPE!

We will be there and you probably will to since you play in a weak city. Never been mercy-ruled and Signal Mountain sure isn't going to be the team to do it since you couldnt even mercy-rule all your 2A teams you played lasy year. :ph34r:

Greeneville has around 850 kids now and has played in 4A since there was a 4A in Tennessee and their enrollement then was around 800. Greeneville for years have played up from 3A were they should have been or they would have more state championships. I would say no player from Alcoa or Greeneville pays to play since that wouldn't make since at all :thumb: .

Students who live outside Alcoa’s zone can pay $500 to attend. The football program’s success has drawn talented athletes from other zones willing to pay the tuition in exchange for a better chance of winning a championship or being noticed by college recruiters. With 96 players currently going through summer workouts, 40 percent of Alcoa’s male student population is on the football roster.

OK...lets put this open enrollment thing to bed, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah balh... I sent my daughter there 10 years ago because ... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... Back then tuition was $800. I think its closer to $1000 now. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blaha blah.

$500 to play at alcoa ,$1000 to play at greeneville. it makes perfect "sense" to those that possess any of it at all.

Edited by snoball5278

Hey Wipes, we do talk a big game and our players have backed it up by winning a State Title in only our second varsity year. You have said we admitted being scared and afraid to play Alcoa can you please copy that quote from our coach I've looked for it and can't find it. What our coach did say was we thought it was best to play in 4A because of Alcoa. That isn't being scared or afraid that's being smart.

you do realize sissy mountain optioned up to 4a because they are a weak classification, right? :rolleyes::roflolk:

Edited by snoball5278

$500 to play at alcoa ,$1000 to play at greeneville. it makes perfect "sense" to those that possess any of it at all.

People in these areas could stop this by all registering there kids to go to one of these schools. Just think what would happen if they got 100 or so Out Of Zone kids. The additional teachers, desk, books, classrooms and on and on that would be required...... They would go broke trying to do this at $500 or $1000.

But the TSSAA could also grow some nads and stop tuition paying people from playing in public schools. Or maybe they should take the previous years school expense divided by the student population and anyone paying less than this would be ineligible. Again $500 or even $1000 is a joke they are buying athletes.

Hey Wipes, we do talk a big game and our players have backed it up by winning a State Title in only our second varsity year.* You have said we admitted being scared and afraid to play Alcoa can you please copy that quote from our coach I've looked for it and can't find it. What our coach did say was we thought it was best to play in 4A because of Alcoa. That isn't being scared or afraid that's being smart.

* due to a t$$aa misclassification that put sissy mountain in 2a playing teams half their size.

So if their parents don't let them play sports they don't have to pay? That’s what you just stated....Parents can choose to pay for a better education not just athletics like you try to play it out to be. I attended Greeneville City Schools since Kindergarten and my parents had no clue if I was going to play sports at Greeneville. I know at Greeneville there is a large waiting list for kids to get into the school system and that is for the elementary schools. They also can reject kids from attending GHS and kick them out for bad behavior and this has happened too. Most notable was Greeneville's All-Time passing leader who had to move into the city limits to even attend GHS

People in these areas could stop this by all registering there kids to go to one of these schools. Just think what would happen if they got 100 or so Out Of Zone kids. The additional teachers, desk, books, classrooms and on and on that would be required...... They would go broke trying to do this at $500 or $1000.

But the TSSAA could also grow some nads and stop tuition paying people from playing in public schools. Or maybe they should take the previous years school expense divided by the student population and anyone paying less than this would be ineligible. Again $500 or even $1000 is a joke they are buying athletes.

no better than the DII schools... same song different verse.