Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

Wrong on about everything.

The TSSAA does classifications every 4 years. However they do evaluate them at the midway point and will reclassify if a schools enrollment has increased or decreased by a certain percentage. East Hamilton's enrollment this year would be large enough to put you into 5A for football but the increase in enrollment wasn't a high enough percentage so you stayed in 4A and you will remain in 4A for two years. East Hamilton is the largest 4A school in the state and will be for the next two years. With Signal our enrollment only exceeded the 2A size for one year. So I guess if we use everyones logic that we only won a title because we were bigger than the other schools East Hamilton should win the State the next two seasons. :roflol:

Signal Mountain played 1 year of JV in football and that's because we opened in the middle of a two year football bidding cycle. We could of tried to piece together a schedule with teams the first year. But doing so would have meant every team in the district we were going to be assigned too would have had to drop a game to make room. The TSSAA recommended the path we took as it created the least amount of scheduling turmoil.

At least know something about what you're posting about. :thumb:

About seven teams in the area in Class A did drop a game, Temple, when the Crusaders ended their program. Signal could have taken those games and played two or three more, maybe against a Lancaster, etc.

Signal has lucked out on the classification, same as East Hamilton now. When it's clear new schools will grow quite a bit, well over a class limit, they should go ahead and move teams up instead of going by the previous year's count. EH had about 1050 last year in from the ninth grade up.

Having about 650 playing against Class A teams is a lot different than EH having 1050+ playing AA/4A teams. I find it hard to believe you can't see that.

• Upvote 1

About seven teams in the area in Class A did drop a game, Temple, when the Crusaders ended their program. Signal could have taken those games and played two or three more, maybe against a Lancaster, etc.

Well what would have happened to the teams in the district that would have had to drop games to accommodate playing the new team. Again not everything is as simple as we would like to believe it is.

I will agree the fact we had 1 moron parent involved was a difference and that parent has been dealt with. I don't know if they have a history of fighting or not but from this quote off the thread it sounds like they might "Didn't the same thing happen last year?"

I wasn't there so I have no idea how bad this was but having to separate the teams for 15 minutes is a good indication it was heated. At least with the SM/SD skirmish the teams went right back to playing and at the end lined up and shook hands.

Smokinote I agree these things happen at scrimmages all the time and they really are not that big of deal. Ours was different in the fact there was 1 parent involved and he has been dealt with.

The reason I even posted this was to point out that their are differences in how the media and TSSAA handle things depending of the schools involved. I really don't agree with the one game suspension for the SD coach, unless there were other reason I'm not privy too.

Funny our enrollment appears to have increased alot from last year to this year and we still are not even close to AAA numbers. If your going to post something at least try to get the facts correct.

Lancer10 I think this was your post "Im not a hater. I know alot of parents and kids that go to signal.And friends with alot of the coaches. just telling the facts.I will be at some of the games this year.Maybe even on the sidelines."

If it is as I said before if your going to say something as fact then get your facts right. A little research goes a long way. We do not now nor have we ever had AAA enrollment. :roflolk:

The TSSAA has three primary classifications for athletics which are A, AA & AAA. For football they split primary the classifications in two. So class A schools are either 1A or 2A in football, class AA is 3A & 4A and class AAA is 5A & 6A. We were in primary class A last year and 2A for football. This year we are in primary class AA and 4A for football. Our enrollment will never be enough to be AAA unless they build another new school.

These are the facts.

and before someone says anything our enrollment is really only big enough to be in 3A for football this year but we are playing up a classification. Please ask why so some people will have something to do. :roflol:

Wrong on about everything.

The TSSAA does classifications every 4 years. However they do evaluate them at the midway point and will reclassify if a schools enrollment has increased or decreased by a certain percentage. East Hamilton's enrollment this year would be large enough to put you into 5A for football but the increase in enrollment wasn't a high enough percentage so you stayed in 4A and you will remain in 4A for two years. East Hamilton is the largest 4A school in the state and will be for the next two years. With Signal our enrollment only exceeded the 2A size for one year. So I guess if we use everyones logic that we only won a title because we were bigger than the other schools East Hamilton should win the State the next two seasons. :roflol:

Signal Mountain played 1 year of JV in football and that's because we opened in the middle of a two year football bidding cycle. We could of tried to piece together a schedule with teams the first year. But doing so would have meant every team in the district we were going to be assigned too would have had to drop a game to make room. The TSSAA recommended the path we took as it created the least amount of scheduling turmoil.

At least know something about what you're posting about. :thumb:

Well what would have happened to the teams in the district that would have had to drop games to accommodate playing the new team. Again not everything is as simple as we would like to believe it is.

"a fool is like the big drum that beats fast but does not realize its hollowness" -malayan proverb-

Temple dropped fairly late and left the district teams with nine games if I remember correctly. If it went down that way, yes it would have been simple for SM to jump right into varsity play. It was more exciting to beat JV teams by 50 and 60 points to build up the interest and get the average fans on the bandwagon.

East Hamilton was under the AA limit when the classifications were realigned. That's why they are still in 4A. They will be moving up after this year or next year because they redo the classifications every 2 years. And I think Signal got a "free pass" by playing a JV schedule for 2 years!

SM better hope they steer clear of EH after the absolute beating they unleashed on Polk yesterday. Dear lord those are some hungry chirrens!!!! :shock:

Smeagle1 i should have been clear about what i was trying to say. since we are in the football boards.The class AA (3a) Is what i was talking about.I think ya had 600 plus playing schools with 220 to around 400 kids.That's 400 to 200 more kids. I like to see SM win again this year. But when some of the SM people get on here and act like SM did something great last year. That just makes SM look bad.

Edited by lancer10

"Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" Kenobi, Obi-Wan (Ben)

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope

Thanks for following my post snoball. :thumb: Now go scratch old man. :roflol:

a wise man, such as myself, never follows a river of feces, but that doesn't mean that i don't have to wade through it when it crosses my path.

you're mixing up your screen names and signatures. that's the problem with multiples, waterboy96 smeagle, the more you post the sloppier you get. i'm gonna go clean off my shoes now.

a wise man, such as myself, never follows a river of feces, but that doesn't mean that i don't have to wade through it when it crosses my path.

you're mixing up your screen names and signatures. that's the problem with multiples, waterboy96 smeagle, the more you post the sloppier you get. i'm gonna go clean off my shoes now.

1 Corinthians 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man thinketh that he is wise among you in this world, let him become a fool, that he may become wise.

Keep following me and you might just turn out to be wise. :roflolk:

Go scratch old man is a quote from my favorite poser. To bad he must be spending all his time on the 1A and 2A boards now.

Temple dropped fairly late and left the district teams with nine games if I remember correctly. If it went down that way, yes it would have been simple for SM to jump right into varsity play. It was more exciting to beat JV teams by 50 and 60 points to build up the interest and get the average fans on the bandwagon.

Now, Squaw, that's just a down right hateful thing to say.

ridesign111.jpg

When we were starting to open the school, we had no senior class, half a junior class, and everbody wuz transfers. We didn't even know who would transfer back up to the mountain and who would stay private. As I recall at the time, everybody praised us for a smart decision to play JV for one year, since we were building a program from scratch. As it turned out, we had a darned good group of guys, even though most were freshmen and sophomores. Once they're in the JV class, whatcha gonna tell em to do, Don't Play Hard?

These guys grew as a team, and in their first year of varsity ball, threw away a heartbreaker to Cascade in the second round of the playoffs. That was our first senior class, and still only half a class.

The second year, when the initial guys were now juniors and seniors ... well, you know what happened.

Now that's a pretty good story, you gotta admit. And...true, too.

How 'bout somebody cut us a little slack every once in awhile?

1251642110230.jpg

Edited by MountainTroll