Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

The Goat sez: Cookeville is not very good...never have been

*I believe Bearden is in a rebuilding year, and LaVergne is still finding it's way with a relatively new coach. Wouldn't make too much of the scrimmage outcomes, but I was impressed with our execution on offense. If there were any doubts about how Reece would do under pressure, he did a very good job of reading the defense, avoiding the rush, and checking to the open reciever. Defense looked good, except for a couple of brainfarts. Believe the will be ready and continue to improve thru the season.

*Gotta admit, I got that from Roy's Book.:blush:

Edited by MountainTroll

I believe Bearden is in a rebuilding year, and LaVergne is still finding it's way with a relatively new coach. Wouldn't make too much of the scrimmage outcomes, but I was impressed with our execution on offense. If there were any doubts about how Reece would do under pressure, he did a very good job of reading the defense, avoiding the rush, and checking to the open reciever. Defense looked good, except for a couple of brainfarts. Believe the will be ready and continue to improve thru the season.

How did your big rb do?

Hey goat, I will say none of the teams (Cookeville, Bearden or LaVergne) looked impressive against us. But I’m not sure if it’s because we are that good or they were really that bad. When the other teams played each other they were all pretty evenly matched.

Here are a couple of quotes from the Hearld-Citizen.

The Cavs “struggled to stop a powerful Eagles squad in the second contest†and “Signal Mountain used several big plays to score three times while shutting out the Cavsâ€

I realize it was just a scrimmage but we looked good. We had a couple of fumbles and a few misreads on defense, other than that we pretty much did what we wanted. It was good work for the team and we came away injury free. And best of all Coach’s know what they need to work on before the season starts.

I will also echo the Troll that the JV looked very good too.

Less than two weeks until the real football starts and I think our Eagles will be ready and the fans will be there in force to cheer them on!!!!!!

The Goat sez: You don't have to be Murphy Fair to know that Cookeville has never had a good football team...there is a chance that you will get to see how the ohsomighty eagles bear up under real pressure, this year.

How is La Vernge supposed to be? Are they picked to finish well in their district? They have some HUGE lineman. One who said he was 6'6" and 365 lbs and they had another that looked to be well over 300 lbs as well. Lots of other big players also.

Depends on how you look at it. :roflol:

mk8-monkey14-gif-upside-down.gif

Edited by MountainTroll

BIG BBQ

WHERE-BLEDSOE CO.

WHEN-SEPT.2

WHAT-SCREAMING EAGLES

Ican smell it cooking.

Be careful what you say dunlap, there is guaranteed to be bird BBQ'ing Sept. 2, but its more likely to be crow.

Troll, Smeagle, Smtnfan,..this is my peace offering, but don't expect many more. ;);)

Edited by foozballman

from the tfp comments

I have read alot of the post on this story and stories from the past. I understand all "sports" chatter that goes on during a particular sport season and of course football is at the top for the most. But I have to say this goes beyond. I am a Signal Mountain resident and so happy for the community being able to get the high school that was so badly wanted. I'm sadden that a few individuals have put such a black cloud over what so many worked hard for and have continued to work hard for. Our family was contributors to the sports boosters program from day one without even having a child in any of the sports. And I will admit I have never cared for Price but didn't want my opinion of his coaching to affect our wanting to help the sports programs get off the ground. I had faith that one person could not have such a hold on a school. But I have been in the school and have watched what takes place. Last years problem before state was an absolute let down, yes KIDS disappoint us but they are kids, it was the way in which our principal and coach handled it and was tragic. It was at that time our family made a decision there is much better places to contribute our money. I know our decision to not contribute to the sports program will not break the program but feel others will follow if these types of issues keep happening. At some point what goes up must come down and from all indications Price won't stay. We will see. In reading my above statement that I did not have a child participating in sports that was at the beginning when the school opened and critics of my post may say I have no knowledge of sports or how they work, well you are wrong I was raised in a sports family and have been and continue to be involved beyond these hills and we are active on a national level and deal with the politics on a weekly bases and when winning deal with the haters and losing deal with the winners. So in a nutshell I know what I am talking about. I will agree our school has alot of haters but I also think the school has brought it on them self. I am proud of the accomplishments the school has had in such a short time. But when SPORTSMANSHIP (lack of) it really makes it all a little less sweet, for us that understand SPORTSMANSHIP. My last comment also is I wish everyone could take all this energy they have put into this type of craziness and apply it to much more important issues. Say maybe EDUCATION.

from the tfp comments

I have read alot of the post on this story and stories from the past. I understand all "sports" chatter that goes on during a particular sport season and of course football is at the top for the most. But I have to say this goes beyond. I am a Signal Mountain resident and so happy for the community being able to get the high school that was so badly wanted. I'm sadden that a few individuals have put such a black cloud over what so many worked hard for and have continued to work hard for. Our family was contributors to the sports boosters program from day one without even having a child in any of the sports. And I will admit I have never cared for Price but didn't want my opinion of his coaching to affect our wanting to help the sports programs get off the ground. I had faith that one person could not have such a hold on a school. But I have been in the school and have watched what takes place. Last years problem before state was an absolute let down, yes KIDS disappoint us but they are kids, it was the way in which our principal and coach handled it and was tragic. It was at that time our family made a decision there is much better places to contribute our money. I know our decision to not contribute to the sports program will not break the program but feel others will follow if these types of issues keep happening. At some point what goes up must come down and from all indications Price won't stay. We will see. In reading my above statement that I did not have a child participating in sports that was at the beginning when the school opened and critics of my post may say I have no knowledge of sports or how they work, well you are wrong I was raised in a sports family and have been and continue to be involved beyond these hills and we are active on a national level and deal with the politics on a weekly bases and when winning deal with the haters and losing deal with the winners. So in a nutshell I know what I am talking about. I will agree our school has alot of haters but I also think the school has brought it on them self. I am proud of the accomplishments the school has had in such a short time. But when SPORTSMANSHIP (lack of) it really makes it all a little less sweet, for us that understand SPORTSMANSHIP. My last comment also is I wish everyone could take all this energy they have put into this type of craziness and apply it to much more important issues. Say maybe EDUCATION.

My reply, from the tfp comments

Reply to please,

Although I may disagree with your basic premise, I respect your opinion.

I hope you will continue to financially support the academic mission of all the schools on Signal Mountain by contributing to the Mountain Education Foundation. As I am sure you know, the MEF is the non-profit fundraising organization that supports the varied needs of all the schools on the mountain, which are not met through the funding shortfalls of the Board of Education.

Although I will continue to support a number of the various "Booster" programs at the school, the majority of my financial support still goes to the MEF for the betterment of the entire education system on Signal Mountain.

:thumb: