Why did CoachT shut down the Maryville v. Smyrna thread?

EarlVolFan

One parent got carried away, so why not block that user instead of closing the thread? I've seen a couple of other examples where threads were shut down at the whim of the administrator for reasons that were unclear to me.

I guess they can do whatever they want, but arbritarily closing the most popular thread over the last several days doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.....

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One parent got carried away, so why not block that user instead of closing the thread? I've seen a couple of other examples where threads were shut down at the whim of the administrator for reasons that were unclear to me.

I guess they can do whatever they want, but arbritarily closing the most popular thread over the last several days doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.....

sometimes it is just easier to lock a thread than it is to go through each post and delete them its nothing against everyone else but it usually stops it right there

Lots of people don't like Maryville. Now that "The Program" has proven it can play with the "Big Boys" many are frustrated. Maryville lost last year in the State game and it was not enough for them. I guess those kind of posters won't be happy until Maryville is like 4-6 or something. Doubt that will happen anytime soon. The fans and program are easy targets for hate on these type of boards. And yes the thread should have stayed on subject, Maryville over Smyrna in a close one. Could have gone ether way IMHO. I do think the best team won but Smyrna has nothing to hang thier heads about. They had a great season.

Clearly two of the best teams in the state. It was a good game and one for the books.

Edited by FBEmeritus

Lots of people don't like Maryville. Now that "The Program" has proven it can play with the "Big Boys" many are frustrated. Maryville lost last year in the State game and it was not enough for them. I guess those kind of posters won't be happy until Maryville is like 4-6 or something. Doubt that will happen anytime soon. The fans and program are easy targets for hate on these type of boards. And yes the thread should have stayed on subject, Maryville over Smyrna in a close one. Could have gone ether way IMHO. I do think the best team won but Smyrna has nothing to hang thier heads about. They had a great season.

Clearly two of the best teams in the state. It was a good game and one for the books.

BUMP :thumb:

But unfortunately it wasn't Maryville fans bad mouthing Smyrna or Smyrna fans bad mouthing Maryville . It was a Maryville dad bad mouthing other Maryville fans. It got way out of hand and too personal and that's why the thread got shut down.

A great letter from the family also at the end.