SP Pirates need games week 7 & 10

zonepirate

All those schools in Chattanooga and you can't find games. Come on. :shock:

Step up like Alcoa did a few years ago and play McCallie, Baylor, ND, Redbank etc. Alcoa played anyone any where. I think that is what made them so respected in the state. :thumb:

Your team looked great during the State Championship game. Heck invite Alcoa down! That will test your metal. :o

Grider is not going to play Alcoa. They would beat our boys real bad. They beat the 6A champs and that makes them the best team in the state. You think im joking but im not.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys should try going over the mountain and try to get Coffee Co., Warren Co or Franklin Co. to play you. You would have won your share the past few years. I think all 3 teams should be better over the next 2 or 3 years. I would like to see you play Smith Co or McKenzie

Called all of them across the mountain plus a bunch more. I would too. Region schedules are an issue with most teams. Still have to have the same open dates

Edited by zonepirate

Step up like Alcoa did a few years ago and play McCallie, Baylor, ND, Redbank etc. Alcoa played anyone any where. I think that is what made them so respected in the state. :thumb:

Your team looked great during the State Championship game. Heck invite Alcoa down! That will test your metal. :o

Call them and ask??? Alcoa is 3A and won about 10 states in a row. TheyBaylor, etc should play them. We are 1A. Still a huge difference in depth. Does your team play Alcoa? We play one of the toughest non-region schedules in TN already

Edited by zonepirate

They are not going to play Alcoa! The played Polk Co and, which is 3A and they played Signal Mt. (which should have been 3A).

Perhaps someone can let Old Pirate in on why Central,Grace,Cascade and Grundy are not renewing contracts. Central and Cascade are only scheduled in football, but Grace & Grundy...? What's up with that?

Old Pirate says a school that refuses to play another school in football should not be scheduled for other sports. OP can vividly remember when BB & LV would not play the Pirates in football but was more than willing to play other sports. SP has annually been known for football while other sports have been the whipping grounds for other programs.

SP,TC,SM,Alcoa and other successful football programs should cut ties with local schools that want to pick what sports they schedule.

Hopefully SP will cut all ties with local schools that refuse to schedule in football. Recon theys jest skeerd......... of the earholing :popcorneater:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

S.P. played Tyner and went 2-0 and replaced them with Chatt Central and went 2-0 with them. Polk County was added and went 0-2 with them including one monkey stomping. This year, P.C. and C.A.K. were the only 2 teams in 3a that could stay on the field with them. S.P. is 1-1 against Signal M. and is only 1 of 2 teams to beat them the 2 years they have been playing a varsity schedule. They are the defending 2a champs and S.P. lost that 1 game against them by 4. They are moving up to 4a and S.P. is keeping them on the schedule. For decades, S.P. rarely has a non-district regular season game with a 1a school. Furthermore, S.P. plays Boyd ever year and has even before they were good.

I fail to understand what your point was. Chattanooga schools aren't a problem per se.

Here are some 1a schools that should consider playing S.P. Copper Basin, Greenback, Harriman, and Huntland. Huntland is one of the closest 1a schools to S.P. but don't think the 2 have ever played in the regular season or the playoffs.

Another thing you have to remember is say S.P. plays Maryville, and Alcoa and lose. They also have non-district games scheduled with Polk, Signal, and Boyd. If they were to go 3-2 or 2-3 no one would be shocked for the 6th smallest school in the state with a football team. However, in the current playoff system, it could keep them out of the playoffs or hurt their seeding.