Greeneville 2011

FormerDevil

I still think you could have played a team closer to home. Even so, you sould have met somewhere in the middle. Is FC coming to your place next year?

Trust me if someone closer to home would have wanted to play we have scheduled them in a heart beat. Its sorta like when Elizabethton wouldn't schedule us in 07-08 and had to travel to the middle of KY to play their 2a state champs Mercer County. As far as i know it is a home and away thing with Franklin Co. so yes they should come to our place next year

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me if someone closer to home would have wanted to play we have scheduled them in a heart beat. Its sorta like when Elizabethton wouldn't schedule us in 07-08 and had to travel to the middle of KY to play their 2a state champs Mercer County. As far as i know it is a home and away thing with Franklin Co. so yes they should come to our place next year

I am not disagreeing with you. That is a long way and expensive

The old web page was better then 90%,but the new one is really nice.How about a new scoreboard and pressbox now,is that in the works?

It is my understanding (based on comments from someone who should definitely know) that the original plans for the pressbox were to create something similar to Tusculum College. That can be seen on this link http://www.tusculumpioneers.com/sport.asp?sportID=6

I don’t know if those plans have changed or just delayed. Either way, I’m sure GHS will get a first class pressbox/entrance eventually. We definitely need it. Thankfully, we have some people in this town who enjoy donating their money towards great facilities (just look at Tusculum College sports facilities to see an example).

Edited by GvilleDevilsFan

It is my understanding (based on comments from someone who should definitely know) that the original plans for the pressbox were to create something similar to Tusculum College. That can be seen on this link http://www.tusculumpioneers.com/sport.asp?sportID=6

I don’t know if those plans have changed or just delayed. Either way, I’m sure GHS will get a first class pressbox/entrance eventually. We definitely need it. Thankfully, we have some people in this town who enjoy donating their money towards great facilities (just look at Tusculum College sports facilities to see an example).

My baby sis used to work for him.A lot of good things he has done for the whole area.

It takes more than just spaghetti dinners and car washes to generate the money for a true state powerhouse. Greeneville got very very lucky... at least they know how to use the resource to the fullest.

You are correct about that. I think the upgrade to the facilities probably brought back some pride to the football program, and the coaching changes have really made the difference. Combine that with a bunch of hard working players, and you have the recipe for success. Greeneville has been very fortunate to have some very generous people make this possible. It’s not just the athletic programs, but the entire school. For a relatively small school based on enrollment, Greeneville High School is an impressive sight as you drive down Tusculum Blvd.