CPA?

Letsplayball

Well I guess one alternative then is that you can sit back and lob accusations and rumours about kids, parents, coaches and administrators. You would have to be either omniscient in your knowledge or callous in your disregard of the damage you would be doing to those you may have falsly accused.

That’s not changing the system, now you are off to another topic. Don’t forget one can have knowledge, facts and even truth not based on any of the categories you mentioned, but even that kind of knowledge or information won’t change the system unless paired with complete honesty. Of all the scenarios I could share in regards to this issue, one of them happened recently that only confirms that very fact. The list you mentioned is one of the realistic results of an imperfect system, though certainly not a valid reason for anyone to spread rumors or falsely accuse.

From the word on the street it seems as if none of the names aligned with Ingle Martin are following him to CPA. And none of the assistants from the previous staff are staying. A man on an island?

Interesting if true. So now what?

Makes you wonder who told whom what they will do when the deal was made to bring Martin in? Did CPA promise and now won't/ can't deliver or was it Martin?

Interesting if true. So now what?

Makes you wonder who told whom what they will do when the deal was made to bring Martin in? Did CPA promise and now won't/ can't deliver or was it Martin?

First, neither side ever promised anything. Both Ingle and CPA were hopeful that a very experienced former assistant coach would come and be part of the staff. You are correct that it does not appear that said coach will be coming to CPA, and you can't really blame him. CPA simply does not have the resources to compete against some of other large private schools when it comes to compensation. That being said, this is the only name that has been associated with Martin as being part of the staff, so to imply that there has been some backout en masse is incorrect. I still believe CPA fans would be wise wait and see what the full staff looks like. The head coach has more than a few football contacts. I'm sure he can put together a fine staff.

Also, just from the casual observers perspective, it seems like some CPA fans may have an unrealstic perception of the school's football program. It's one thing to dominate 1A when your sending 3-4 kids from each class to Division 1 schools, but competing against the likes of Maplewood, Pearl Cohn, etc is a whole different animal. It might be time to set some more realistic goals or consider moving to DII-A.

Also, just from the casual observers perspective, it seems like some CPA fans may have an unrealstic perception of the school's football program. It's one thing to dominate 1A when your sending 3-4 kids from each class to Division 1 schools, but competing against the likes of Maplewood, Pearl Cohn, etc is a whole different animal. It might be time to set some more realistic goals or consider moving to DII-A.

I think you are incorrect in stating the fans have unrealistic expectations. It seems the higher ups at CPA have unrealistic expectations. Coach Matthews was doing a fine job and CPA was as competitive as they could be given the players they have and the district they were put in. The higher ups were the ones making the change at the helm not the fans. I think the fans are more upset Coach Matthews is gone. Now they are stuck with a coach with no coaching experience and no staff.

CPA simply does not have the resources to compete against some of other large private schools when it comes to compensation.

Unless they are planning a move to DII AA, which I doubt, but I agree with you a move to DII-A would be a very smart decision, they dont need to compete against the the large privates schools in terms of compensation. Sources very close say Martin is clearly the highest paid coach that is not an administrator (Pack - FRA) of any small priate or region school they play. So if money is really the reason EC did not come, but I doubt it, since CPA paid Martin unbelievably well, what happened? I EC heard was enjoying FB retirement and that is why he is not coming.

Unless they are planning a move to DII AA, which I doubt, but I agree with you a move to DII-A would be a very smart decision, they dont need to compete against the the large privates schools in terms of compensation. Sources very close say Martin is clearly the highest paid coach that is not an administrator (Pack - FRA) of any small priate or region school they play. So if money is really the reason EC did not come, but I doubt it, since CPA paid Martin unbelievably well, what happened? I EC heard was enjoying FB retirement and that is why he is not coming.

Not sure whether this enters into it and, if so, how, but EC has a reputation as one heck of a math teacher. Perhaps the CPA situation in the math department just didn't fit?

• 2 weeks later...