CPA?

Letsplayball

Sorry, but it is hard to sit by while someone unfairly smears a school.

Back on topic; I still think McNeil from FCS will be the next HC at CPA,

I agree just wanted it moved somewhere else, yet unfounded garbage, not really much to worry about. Probably somebody mad that their kid is being "recruited" by a private school.

Thanks for getting us back on topic. If true about McNeil good for him.

Don't know McNeil or anything about him except he has been competitive in the lower classifications. He may be a fine man and a fine coach, but I just don't believe he will be a step up in quality, experience, or coaching from Mathews.

I still say if CPA expects a new coach to come in and have a better record than Mathews had, they are going to have to either go to the DII small division or schedule non-region cupcakes.

Already seen their schedule for next year and they have Lexington Christian, Ky., Goodpasture, Davidson Academy, and Kenwood outside of Region. That is at least 2 really tough games. Add Maplewood, Lipscomb, East Lit,and Pearl Cohn and you have another potential 5-5 season, regardless of the coach.

Don't know McNeil or anything about him except he has been competitive in the lower classifications. He may be a fine man and a fine coach, but I just don't believe he will be a step up in quality, experience, or coaching from Mathews.

I still say if CPA expects a new coach to come in and have a better record than Mathews had, they are going to have to either go to the DII small division or schedule non-region cupcakes.

Already seen their schedule for next year and they have Lexington Christian, Ky., Goodpasture, Davidson Academy, and Kenwood outside of Region. That is at least 2 really tough games. Add Maplewood, Lipscomb, East Lit,and Pearl Cohn and you have another potential 5-5 season, regardless of the coach.

A very reliable source at FCS says that McNeil is staying put and is happy where he is. They have a good football team returning and as he is the head baseball coach, he is very excited about this spring as well.

Edited by Bucksfan

Some of you guys act like CPA is the Alabama, TN, Georgia, etc. of high school football. This program went down hill the day D. Pack and P. Wade left. IMO the guy you just got rid of is not in the same category as these guys. YOU WANT YOUR PROGRAM TO RETURN TO THE "GLORY DAYS"? I have a few suggestions

1) Some of you CPA folks claim they have the "Big Money"! Well put up and shut up...HIRE P. WADE...GIVE HIM AN OFFER HE CAN'T REFUSE!!! Am I a little biased? YES! I played for the man when he was cutting his teeth out of college. He was the best coach I had in high school or college!!! If he was that good then, I can only imagine how much better he is now. It is no mystery that everywhere he has been has been successful and won championships. He has the RINGS to prove. Paul Wade is "Lord of the Rings" The phone call should go like this.

Paul how are you? How much money to come back? Done!!! See you Monday to sign the contract!!! Bye!

2) Get out of the public league. Trust me your high and mighty attitude of wanting to expose your kids to other schools and atmospheres is not good for your program and will push you into a state of being irrelevant as you will continue to be tied by TSSAA restrictions. You are not the modern day Brentwood Academy and never will be. Honestly it makes you look like high and mighty a - holes who look down on the poor public school kids.

Well, that settled it. Now that we have a new CoachT poster (4 posts) that is an "expert" on CPA and what they should do, we can all just shut up, sit at els64 feet in awe, and act accordingly. Talk about looking like an a-hole. <_<

Post # 5...More "expert" advice!!!

Don't make the mistake of hiring some no name or a has been athlete with little to no coaching experience. From what I hear there is a chance of something like this happening.

I do know that you have a very good coach named R. McSwain right there in house. If you want a good Christian man with experience, character, work ethic, and discipline the powers that be and the "money" you guys boast about should sign him to a contract. If not you may watch as one of the greatest assets at the school gets picked up by another program. I am sure the experts and coachT veterans will already have targeted him as a real talent and are hoping the deal gets done in house.

OK, here is what I want you to do: do a search of every CPA CoachT supporters' posts and fine JUST ONE post where any CPA supporter has EVER boasted about money. I can save you some time - you won't find one. It is all the CPA haters that talk about CPA money.

OK, here is what I want you to do: do a search of every CPA CoachT supporters' posts and fine JUST ONE post where any CPA supporter has EVER boasted about money. I can save you some time - you won't find one. It is all the CPA haters that talk about CPA money.

Hadn't been on the boards in awhile. Good to see someone else with an opinion that isn't a yes man.

CPA better get ready for Ingle Martin or some big name former professional player that is Dysonesque vs. hiring the best coach available. If McSwain doesn't get an interview, he should definitely jump ship. I wouldn't stay around for Independence High School 2.0 when someone with no coaching experience gets the gig.

CPA4EVER.....One question.....how many championships did David Pack win without Wade? answer ZERO.

Hadn't been on the boards in awhile. Good to see someone else with an opinion that isn't a yes man.

CPA better get ready for Ingle Martin or some big name former professional player that is Dysonesque vs. hiring the best coach available. If McSwain doesn't get an interview, he should definitely jump ship. I wouldn't stay around for Independence High School 2.0 when someone with no coaching experience gets the gig.

CPA4EVER.....One question.....how many championships did David Pack win without Wade? answer ZERO.

Not sure I understand your point related to me, but I have never said anything negative about Wade. To the contrary, he would be my 2nd choice behind Jeff Brothers. The coaching staff CPA had with Pack, Wade, and Brothers was incredible and they all were good for each other. Pack didn't win the state w/o Wade, but Wade didn't win his at DA without good assistants either and without using some of the things he learned from Pack. They are both great coaches.

Not sure I understand your point related to me, but I have never said anything negative about Wade. To the contrary, he would be my 2nd choice behind Jeff Brothers. The coaching staff CPA had with Pack, Wade, and Brothers was incredible and they all were good for each other. Pack didn't win the state w/o Wade, but Wade didn't win his at DA without good assistants either and without using some of the things he learned from Pack. They are both great coaches.

Let's get back to the topic.......

Heard McSwain got the courtesy interview. I expect him to be looking for another job after he realizes they are going in a different direction. Ingle Martin has also been interviewed, and a couple of out of state coaches. I'd say he's the leader in the clubhouse.

Let's get back to the topic.......

Heard McSwain got the courtesy interview. I expect him to be looking for another job after he realizes they are going in a different direction. Ingle Martin has also been interviewed, and a couple of out of state coaches. I'd say he's the leader in the clubhouse.

You shoot the biggest bucks early in the morning. The longer this goes, the smaller the buck.

Heard a rumor from a very reliable source that Jack Daniels would be interested in the position if contacted. He has a reputation of turning programs around and would be a great hire. Anyone else heard this?

Just go ahead and hire ROY DILLARD - he has been around a highly successful progran(SP) for years and from his posts he can "gitter done". You think I am kidding but I am not. :thumb:

Edited by scooter