CPA?

Letsplayball

De Fumo in Flammam!

Out of the smoke, into the flame?......What the heck is that?

By the way.....only 68% of Pearl Cohn students graduate on time. And only 63% of males.

http://www.mnps.org/....aspx?did=13229

SSI,

1. Who is the next coach at CPA?

2. Read my coments again. I am talking about the football student-athletes whos graduation rate is 95% plus. That I know for a fact and others here on Coach T can verify. Pearl-Cohn is improving and has made significant gains over the past year academically (MNPS has recoginzed that). It is not and by no means perfect but that does not excuse the fact that the multiple resources of the "E" could not help one if its own at the time.

3. For someone who calls himself "SmokeStackI" you should know that something must be on fire and or getting "burned" if there is smoke. In this case...it is you! The smoke stack I is a simplistic offense and easy to defend against...much like you. Smoke is used as a distraction. From what has been reported, the young man WAS academically eligible. I said he was not NCAA eligible. Or are you saying that he was NOT TSSAA as well as NOT NCAA eligible and the "E" fabricated his grades? If that is the case then you and the "E" have a number of people to answer A LOT OF QUESTIONS TO AS WELL! I do believe that an ETHICS class is missing some students and they are wearing orange and black!

It is the fire that creates and used to forge. I guess that is why people come to the home of the FIREBIRDS. In your case that same fire can destroy. I suggest you continue to dust of that gold ball and when you are done you can keep wondering if you will ever get TWO like PEARL-COHN has. You can also ask yourself the question did you REALLY EARN the one you have? Come back when your found worthy!

FengHuang

De Fumo In Flammam

Edited by Fenghuang

SSI,

1. Who is the next coach at CPA?

2. Read my coments again. I am talking about the football student-athletes whos graduation rate is 95% plus. That I know for a fact and others here on Coach T can verify. Pearl-Cohn is improving and has made significant gains over the past year academically (MNPS has recoginzed that). It is not and by no means perfect but that does not excuse the fact that the multiple resources of the "E" could not help one if its own at the time.

3. For someone who calls himself "SmokeStackI" you should know that something must be on fire and or getting "burned" if there is smoke. In this case...it is you! The smoke stack I is a simplistic offense and easy to defend against...much like you. Smoke is used as a distraction. From what has been reported, the young man WAS academically eligible. I said he was not NCAA eligible. Or are you saying that he was NOT TSSAA as well as NOT NCAA eligible and the "E" fabricated his grades? If that is the case then you and the "E" have a number of people to answer A LOT OF QUESTIONS TO! I do believe that an ETHICS class is missing some students and they are wearing orange and black!

It is the fire that creates and used to forge. I guess that is why people come to the home of the FIREBIRDS. In your case that same fire can destroy. I suggest you continue to dust of that gold ball and when you are done you can keep wondering if you will ever get TWO like PEARL-COHN has. You can also ask yourself the question did you REALLY EARN the one you have? Come back when your found worthy!

FengHuang

De Fumo In Flammam

You too know not of what you speak. Only difference is that you commit libel against an entire school and all of its student athletes (100% graduation rate, athlete or not; 100% of all graduated students currently matriculating at a 4-year college or university), while SmokeStack has chosen to display his ignorance regarding a single high school student. How 'bout everyone drop this charade and discuss something that relates to the topic of this thread?

I have not heard anything specific, but would not be surprised to see the Friendship Christian coach move west and take over at CPA. If so, I wish him luck.

Edited by RedRobin

You too know not of what you speak. Only difference is that you commit libel against an entire school and all of its student athletes (100% graduation rate, athlete or not; 100% of all graduated students currently matriculating at a 4-year college or university), while SmokeStack has chosen to display his ignorance regarding a single high school student. How 'bout everyone drop this charade and discuss something that relates to the topic of this thread?

I have not heard anything specific, but would not be surprised to see the Friendship Christian coach move west and take over at CPA. If so, I wish him luck.

Actually Batman's sidekick (who has gone out on his own) or a burger place I have not tried yet :thumb: I am really only quite interested like you in who is next at CPA. I thought the last coach was a stand up man and a good leader of that program. It will be interesting to see who is next.

As for the other comments...I said what I did and stand by it. If you examine all that was said carefully a young man and a school was libled by the same person in the same comment box! You watched, read, and only commented on half and let the second part go by. Remember what Mark Twain said about lies and statistics. You can look up what he said. However, I don't have to lie and I am real good at statistics! So can any school or school district if they want to be and I will leave that alone.

I have tired on comenting on non CPA items!

CPA has good players who play hard. I hope they get a good coach! The question is who will it be? I can't wait to see.

FengHuang

De Fumo In Flammam

IF ANYONE BELIEVES THAT CPA STAYED DIVISION I TO MINISTER TO OTHER SCHOOLS, they need their head examined. Simply, Maddux wanted to stay Division I, and then be able to get kids in....what Maddux wants....Maddux gets.

If you think Maddux made the decision to stay Division I, that shows you are pretty far out of the loop when it comes to CPA athletics. All CPA coaches wanted to jump to Division II small school.

From what has been reported, the young man WAS academically eligible. I said he was not NCAA eligible. Or are you saying that he was NOT TSSAA as well as NOT NCAA eligible and the "E" fabricated his grades? If that is the case then you and the "E" have a number of people to answer A LOT OF QUESTIONS TO AS WELL! I do believe that an ETHICS class is missing some students and they are wearing orange and black!

apparently the eligibility standards at Ensworth are different than eligibility for the NCAA. What does smokestackwade say?

apparently the eligibility standards at Ensworth are different than eligibility for the NCAA. What does smokestackwade say?

No mystery here. NCAA requires an ACT (or SAT) score as well as a minimum GPA. Antonio has an excellent ACT, just a whole lot easier to maintain the required GPA at Metro than at one of the privates. This actually speaks positively about the academics at Ensworth, which clearly does not award undeserved grades to anyone.

No mystery here. NCAA requires an ACT (or SAT) score as well as a minimum GPA. Antonio has an excellent ACT, just a whole lot easier to maintain the required GPA at Metro than at one of the privates. This actually speaks positively about the academics at Ensworth, which clearly does not award undeserved grades to anyone.

Ha............glad Ensworth's money does not work in the NCAA! :thumb: Private schools think they can buy everything!

I know for fact they can not buy a win in the biggest bowl game next year! Too, chicken to play :roflolk:

Ha............glad Ensworth's money does not work in the NCAA! :thumb: Private schools think they can buy everything!

I know for fact they can not buy a win in the biggest bowl game next year! Too, chicken to play :roflolk:

Dude - you're still spreading your cheap lies about Ensworth being "chicken" to play in the "biggest bowl game"???? C'mon man, grow up. Just so ya know, I will add these facts to any thread in which you try to spread this lie. I called you out on this long ago and thought you had dropped it, but I guess you just don't learn. If you are close with Alcoa/Rankin and/or Maryville/Quarles, you know the facts surrounding the "Blount County Bowl invitations", so why do you keep misrepresenting the truth? Or perhaps you are not "in the know", so you just keep repeating the same old tired rumours in some shabby attempt to hype your team. Take my word for it - neither Alcoa nor Maryville needs dishonest hype -I do not understand how you cannot see that such behavior is in no one's best interest. For any who care to hear some objective facts regarding the "offer" from which a couple of D-IIs "ran and hid":

The Blount County schools did extend an invitation to MBA and Ensworth to play against Alcoa and Maryville in Blount County (both games at Alcoa one year and at Maryville in the other year) in both 2011 and 2012. The offer did not include the BC teams travelling to Nashville for return games. Somewhat intrigued, both Ensworth and MBA agreed (after, I am sure, swooning in fear) to travel to BC in 2011 if the BC teams would agree to travel to Nashville in 2012. Moreover, MBA and Ensworth proposed that the proceeds of the Nashville game would be donated to charity. The BC teams refused. Thus, no agreement; the BC teams went on their way and worked out their schedule with others as did Ensworth and MBA. No big deal really - stuff happens when schedules are put together. Unfortunately, a couple fans of Alcoa and, to a lesser extent, Maryville, started attacking the D-IIs, saying in essence that they were offered the games and were "afraid" to take them. This has led to many posts such as yours, accusing these schools of "running and hiding" or being "chicken". That is clearly not the reason the games were not scheduled. I have not heard anyone suggesting that the BC schools were "afraid" to come to Nashville in 2012 or that they had something against donating the proceeds to charity. That would be as ridiculous as what we are continually hearing from you.

Just so ya know, Ensworth, with a student population of about 400 (half boys/half girls), played their two out-of-district games the last two years against Smyrna and Oakland. Just so ya know, Ensworth's record in those 4 games stands at 3-1. You sound just plain dumb if you accuse a program like that of fear in scheduling. Especially when you make up stuff in an attempt to discredit them. Tennessee is big enough for both of us - I have no problem with what appears to your infatuation with claiming superiority for one group of 15-18 year old boys over all others, but I do have a problem when you spread lies about other schools to feed your ego.

• Upvote 1

A source from Friendship Christian in Lebanon, TN told me that Coach John McNeil has been asked by CPA and has interviewed for the CPA job. He was courted by CPA due to the fact that he has not been getting what he feels to be appropriate pay raises for running the football and baseball programs. He is also a Nashville guy from Goodpasture and sees this as an opportunity to get close to home and set himself up to possibly take the Goodpasture job when Martin retires.

I find this unlikely. With the money CPA can pay I doubt they would hire someone that is coming from Friendship. No offense to the coach you are reffering. Also the type of guy they will hire is one that is not going to leave CPA for Goodpasture. CPA is on another level from Goodpasture with its finances. No offense to Goodpasture. That just doesnt sound like a good fit. How would he prove to be better than previous coach?