Wrestling isnt really a sport?

orngnblk

Wrestling is not a real sport,ANY body can wrestle!

This isn't anything new. When I was in HS in the late 70's eam we had a BB and Wrestling teams that excelled. The BB players kept on saying crap like wrestling isn't a sport. So one day we met them on the BB floor and they one by a few points. That team had 2 D-1 players. When they went to the mats it was like lambs to the slaughter. They wanted to fight after their backs went on the mat. :roflol: They didn't win one match.

One of the young freshman on the Greenback basketball team(who had wrestled up to this year)was asked to give his shoes(which he paid for)to another kid on the team along with his uniform,so this kid could dress in front of him,well of course this upset the kid and his parents to the point he said to the coach,he can have them i'm going back to wrestling,the coach in turn told the kid and his mother,so you are going to let him quit,he can never play for me again,she said thats ok he will be wrestling from now on,the coach actually told her in front her son;Wrestling is not a real sport,ANY body can wrestle!This answers my question of why our wrestling program cant get any support from the school,only one home match a year,because the basketball team needs the gym every day,it's not like our bball teams are good,come on they are terrible,wrestling program is the most succesfull program in the whole county.

That's funny. My son is a freshman who wrestles at Signal Mountain. Unfortunately they are a small team and give up quite a few forfeits each match. Can't seem to get enough kids to come out for the team. Two of the high school football players joined after the State Championship game. Both have told my son football practice is nothing compared to wrestling practice. So obviously not everyone can wrestle. Only those who truly want it.

One of the young freshman on the Greenback basketball team(who had wrestled up to this year)was asked to give his shoes(which he paid for)to another kid on the team along with his uniform,so this kid could dress in front of him,well of course this upset the kid and his parents to the point he said to the coach,he can have them i'm going back to wrestling,the coach in turn told the kid and his mother,so you are going to let him quit,he can never play for me again,she said thats ok he will be wrestling from now on,the coach actually told her in front her son;Wrestling is not a real sport,ANY body can wrestle!This answers my question of why our wrestling program cant get any support from the school,only one home match a year,because the basketball team needs the gym every day,it's not like our bball teams are good,come on they are terrible,wrestling program is the most succesfull program in the whole county.

You could move to Chattanooga where someone actually cares about wrestling. Seriously, does a wrestling program even pay for itself? I know that it seems to be big in Chattanooga, but east of Chattanooga, I have never been around more than a handful of people that would even talk about wrestling. It may be that the reason the basketball program gets the nod over wrestling for the use of the gym is because the basketball program will bring in more money for the season. As for me, they could ban wrestling and basketball and I would be ok, just leave baseball and football alone.

You could move to Chattanooga where someone actually cares about wrestling. Seriously, does a wrestling program even pay for itself? I know that it seems to be big in Chattanooga, but east of Chattanooga, I have never been around more than a handful of people that would even talk about wrestling. It may be that the reason the basketball program gets the nod over wrestling for the use of the gym is because the basketball program will bring in more money for the season. As for me, they could ban wrestling and basketball and I would be ok, just leave baseball and football alone.

Baseball and Football are great sports. However, Wrestling takes sport and athletics to a higher level. I played all three in high school, and can honestly say wrestling took my abilities to a higher level in both football and baseball. I have very little respect for basketball players. Its not a contact or collision competition, and 95% of the time heighth is all that matters in a game. Also, wrestling is alot bigger in the urban areas than the rural, mainly because the majority of funding goes to football, basketball, and baseball. All of the high schools in my county with wrestling teams usually practiced together and held tournaments together. Most of our funding was earned by the teams doing fundraisers for themselves. If you would be ok with wrestling being banned, you obviously never wrestled (atleast not successfully).