Division II-A Basketball (Small School Division) East/Middle

dgeeman

Who's the best in the Boys Basketball Division II-A East/Middle Division?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like to win this division for the boys?

• Ezell Harding Christian School
    • Franklin Road Academy
    • Donelson Christian School
    • University School of Nashville
    • The Webb Feet
    • Knox Webb
    • Mount Juliet Christian School
    • Riverside Christian
    • St Andrews Sewanee School
    • Zion Christian
    • Kings Academy
    • Davidson Academy

I voted USN. Ezell is good but wont get past DCA. DCA owns Ezell mentally in every sport.

USN is one of the solid choices for sure...there is a reason why Nilan Hodge is leading the division in scoring...he is super quick, smooth as silk, and has MVP qualities in leading his team. If they can make it to the finals...the missing ingredient to the team is the DCA transfer Ross Welch.

I actually like DCA's chances as well...they are a very quick team of guards with some guys down low that can really do the damage. I thought they totally dismantled FCS in the Christmas tourney at Ezell and thought they were the team to beat after that first game. It is gonna be an interesting game on the 14th (Ezell vs DCA) and could go a long way to determine the who the regular season champ is going to be. But I am telling you I think between FRA, Webb-Bellbuckle, and even Knox Webb who has two losses...I think the Champ may end up with as many as two losses under their belt.

I still like the Eagles chances...but then don't I have to...

:) Gman

Should be a great game Jan. 14 @ Ezell. Think the boys from Ezell will pull that one out. Still alot of ball left. Go Ezell!!!!

Okay I see a lot of people looking but nary a one willing to talk...so I will do some talking. I am glad someone voted MJCA as a Division Champion...cause they are certainly putting out an interesting number on their wins and losses win and then a "Quality Win over Webb-Bellbuckle" What is the real story behind the Saints? Ezell takes on the Saints on Tuesday...weather permitting anyone got any information? The Eagles go to 4-0 with a win over Davidson Academy last night. Corey Teague leading the charge with 20 pts. Go Eagles!

MJCA is pretty good. 12-1 overall, 3-0 in region. 5 seniors, 3 juniors, quickness, perimeter shooting, tough defense, slick point guard with great floor vision, 6'8 center, unselfish team play. Beat Webb(Bell Buckle) 57-36 last night, Ezell coming Tuesday, Webb(Knoxville) Saturday.

Not sold that MJCA is a top 4 team in the EAST just yet, but will be more competitive than they have been since the days of Kitchen. Let's be honest here, no one has ever talked about MJCA on this board, so getting mentioned should be a huge confidence builder.

If MJCA had the administration to really get after it, they could be a sleeping giant. They are in the middle of MJ and Central, and could do some things.

Not sold that MJCA is a top 4 team in the EAST just yet, but will be more competitive than they have been since the days of Kitchen. Let's be honest here, no one has ever talked about MJCA on this board, so getting mentioned should be a huge confidence builder.

If MJCA had the administration to really get after it, they could be a sleeping giant. They are in the middle of MJ and Central, and could do some things.

Sounds like a great game coming up then on Tuesday. Where does one fine a 6'8" fellow? It sounds like the MJCA and Ezell may pit a very similar make up of Seniors and unselfish play. But from what I hear...this game may be delayed due to the impending weather. Exactly where is MJCA? Incidently one of the boys Daniel Harden actually went to Ezell Harding years ago...the gman had the pleasure of coaching him in baseball for a fall season. That is a very impressive win over Webb-Bellbuckle. Hats off to the Saints for making waves early in the season.

Gman

Sounds like a great game coming up then on Tuesday. Where does one fine a 6'8" fellow? It sounds like the MJCA and Ezell may pit a very similar make up of Seniors and unselfish play. But from what I hear...this game may be delayed due to the impending weather. Exactly where is MJCA? Incidently one of the boys Daniel Harden actually went to Ezell Harding years ago...the gman had the pleasure of coaching him in baseball for a fall season. That is a very impressive win over Webb-Bellbuckle. Hats off to the Saints for making waves early in the season.

Gman

OOPS. Still learning how this works. I agree, it should be a great game. I watched Ezell dominate Coffee County over the break. It should be interesting. Hopefully, the weather people are wrong and we can play the game.

MJCA is on Mount Juliet Road north of I-40. The school and gym are behind the First Baptist Church. It is on the right if you are coming from I-40.

Daniel Hardin is a solid player who can handle the ball, plays hard on defense and score when they need it. As for the 6'8 fellow, they are around. You just have to look up.

I'll try to look you up at the game.

OOPS. Still learning how this works. I agree, it should be a great game. I watched Ezell dominate Coffee County over the break. It should be interesting. Hopefully, the weather people are wrong and we can play the game.

MJCA is on Mount Juliet Road north of I-40. The school and gym are behind the First Baptist Church. It is on the right if you are coming from I-40.

Daniel Hardin is a solid player who can handle the ball, plays hard on defense and score when they need it. As for the 6'8 fellow, they are around. You just have to look up.

I'll try to look you up at the game.

Wow!!! MJCA has come out of nowhere to lead the poll of favorites. Well Ezell has played 5 teams in Div II Mid/East. The strongest players we have seen to date have been DCA's De Ewin, Jawon Jones, and Kyle Kennedy...for USN Nilan Hodge. We have also played Riverside, Knox Webb, and Davidson Academy though may have some strong players...none really stepped up in the games vs EHCS.

Wow!!! MJCA has come out of nowhere to lead the poll of favorites. Well Ezell has played 5 teams in Div II Mid/East. The strongest players we have seen to date have been DCA's De Ewin, Jawon Jones, and Kyle Kennedy...for USN Nilan Hodge. We have also played Riverside, Knox Webb, and Davidson Academy though may have some strong players...none really stepped up in the games vs EHCS.

Ben Winkel (center for MJCA) transferred in from Smyrna. He's actually a great kid, and just wanted a place where he could play a majority of the time. He quit Smyrna's team last year, knowing he could transfer and be eligible in December.

When USN gets Ross Welch eligible, they would be the heavy favorite, however, they are going to have to go pretty deep before he is eligible to play.