Division II-A Basketball (Small School Division) East/Middle

dgeeman

Who's the best in the Boys Basketball Division II-A East/Middle Division?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like to win this division for the boys?

• Ezell Harding Christian School
    • Franklin Road Academy
    • Donelson Christian School
    • University School of Nashville
    • The Webb Feet
    • Knox Webb
    • Mount Juliet Christian School
    • Riverside Christian
    • St Andrews Sewanee School
    • Zion Christian
    • Kings Academy
    • Davidson Academy

MJCA beats Knox Webb. MJCA 14-1. GO SAINTS!

Welcome MJCA from the world of Pretenders to Contenders...hats off to the Saints...although your wins include victories over Webbs one would have to think both are worthy opponents. Glad we have a little more time to prepare for your team now.

geeman & SmokeStack, thanks for the comments yesterday. The Spartans were tough yesterday. Definitely played better than when I saw them lose to FRA by 15 in early December. Well coached and very quick, but lacking height. We still have a lot of tough games ahead. It sounds like we will be playing Ezell on a Saturday, haven't heard which one. Hopefully, not the 29th. It would be tough to play the Eagles right after the Wildcats. Sounds like that DCA-Ezell game was a good one. Congrats to TJ Roberts joining the MJCA 1,000 point club at MJCA yesterday to go along with being career assists leader. He makes the Saints go and is fun to watch.

geeman & SmokeStack, thanks for the comments yesterday. The Spartans were tough yesterday. Definitely played better than when I saw them lose to FRA by 15 in early December. Well coached and very quick, but lacking height. We still have a lot of tough games ahead. It sounds like we will be playing Ezell on a Saturday, haven't heard which one. Hopefully, not the 29th. It would be tough to play the Eagles right after the Wildcats. Sounds like that DCA-Ezell game was a good one. Congrats to TJ Roberts joining the MJCA 1,000 point club at MJCA yesterday to go along with being career assists leader. He makes the Saints go and is fun to watch.

You know 1000 pts is not an easy accomplishment, congrats to Mr. Roberts for that...I'm gonna have take a dig out last year's tape on the game and see who Mr. Roberts is...what number is he? Also I have noticed that Sam Mummert is on the basketball team and in the latest games he is averaging about 7 pts a game. He averaged more pts a game in soccer (really just kidding...but he is real good in soccer) My question is this, "Is he kicking the ball in the basket? He might ought to try it...he might average 10 pts a game." :)

TJ wears #4. Sam Mummert is doing a great and I have been told by others that he is a better soccer player. I haven't seen him dribble or shoot with his feet yet. He is a tough defender who can handle the ball and score when we need him too. Sam, Daniel Harden, Zach Harvey, Grant Keen & Zach Pollock are all solid players who are able to sub in and out with each other and not lose anything. And give us a different look when Ben comes out.

TJ wears #4. Sam Mummert is doing a great and I have been told by others that he is a better soccer player. I haven't seen him dribble or shoot with his feet yet. He is a tough defender who can handle the ball and score when we need him too. Sam, Daniel Harden, Zach Harvey, Grant Keen & Zach Pollock are all solid players who are able to sub in and out with each other and not lose anything. And give us a different look when Ben comes out.

I'm telling you Mummert should use his feet to score in basketball...I have seen him play soccer. :)

I'll pass that on to Sam. I neglected to mention another key player. Senior Garrison Boyd hasn't been playing due to a back injury, but he is a great player who continues to provide leadership under very frustrating circumstances. I admire him more and hope and pray for his being able to return to the floor.

Hey Gman bring us a W tonight at Sewanee.

Well the Eagles did make the road trip to up on Sewanee mountain on Tuesday and both the Lady Eagles and Eagles were able to get the job done before coming down from the mountain. Before the game it looked like a scene from the twilight zone as the team arrived in a very dense fog. I felt bad for the locals that were behind my creeping car...it was almost as if I have to literally feel my way to the gym...or at least it seemed that way.

Once the game started it was Zach Jenkins night on the mountain as Zach was literally stroking the ball with 7-11 from the cheap seats and ending up with 26 pts for the game.

Friday night it FRA which is a huge game for the Eagles.

5 Big games coming up for the leaders:

Tuesday,DCA at FRA

Friday,MJCA at DCA

Monday,Ezell at MJCA

Tuesday,FRA at MJCA

Postponed-TBD,FRA at Ezell

Saints are playing well but this will be a challenge for them.

It starts with the first game...if DCA wins against FRA then you have to put them in the drivers seat with two big games in their pockets. A DCA loss puts the Eagles back in the hunt and makes it a 4 way race to the top. A win by DCA leaves it up the MJCS and DCA to battle for the top spot unless DCA hiccups unexpectedly. Of course anything can happen with a bounce of the ball...there will be a lot of deal breakers and heart breakers along the way....my opinion.