Jefferson County FB 2011

dvp4life

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jc fans, any news on the team this year. I know they are about 8 games into the 7 on 7 schedule and I hear good things. I hear they looked much better in the games at Maryville? Did anyone see these?? I hear the starters looked very good against Maryville with the starters scoring on 2 of 2 oppts. This cant be a bad thing. I hear the def is coming along very well. I hear they are much bigger this year. I understand that the OL line will average near 275 this year with 2 at 300 lbs and over. The def line at 250 or so. If this is so, this is much larger than last year. Its time to start talking this up and come out and support the new coach.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read these comments with great interest. Also, I would like to welcome fans from Jeff County to come up to Bristol for the game against Tennessee High, as our two schools begin a playing relationship.

Thank you THSFather. I will be there. This will be my first time to visit the Castle so I am looking forward to it !!!!

Anyone have any practice/scrimmage updates? Would like to know how things are going,.

From what I hear practice is going well. Run/ throw 50/50. I see this team doing much better than most expect if they go injury free. If a key player goes down this team could go from contending in every game to 4-6 fast.. I do feel that this team will be overlooked in that there were great expectations from last years team, but little expected from this team. If you go down the player list you may see that they my improve in most areas. O line will be much stronger and bigger. Def line and D backs somewhat unchanged and even better. We are short a few of the skill players on the outside but may make up with some power. The qb will return for a second year and this should be big. At the end, I think some may get surprised with the product that hits the field this year????????????????? I hear practice has been intense!!!! first scrimmage is friday with louden and next week at cleveland. will advise