new predictions

SWEETWATER

Next week will be a big week in 8AA with Cannon, Dekalb, and Upperman coming to LA. Should be good games. We will have a better idea about the district by weeks end. Go Hog-Eye!

Alot of talk about Cannon, Upperman, and Livingston, I am beginning to believe that everyone is over looking Smith County. I wonder if the wins over the top three teams(some think)were really upsets? Maybe not. That's the way they like it in Smith County. Nobody really giving them much of a chance. Seems they have surprised alot of people. They sure play hard and with alot of fire.Hopefully that will take them a long way.

Alot of talk about Cannon, Upperman, and Livingston, I am beginning to believe that everyone is over looking Smith County. I wonder if the wins over the top three teams(some think)were really upsets? Maybe not. That's the way they like it in Smith County. Nobody really giving them much of a chance. Seems they have surprised alot of people. They sure play hard and with alot of fire.Hopefully that will take them a long way.

I'm of the opinion that Smith Co. has EVERYONE'S attention now. Coach Whit is doing a great job .I think he is 4-1 with a win over LA and Upperman. 00 and 15 coming in at key points points in the game and both are getting better with the increased floor time. 13 playing good defense and is a pure shooter, but now he is looking for a better shot or open teammate before taking the shot. They are looking for each other and play as a team now. SC kept a 10 point lead most to the game last night. Upperman tied it up late and took the lead with on the ball pressure causing a lot of turnovers. SC kept their heads and pulled out a 13 point win. Rotating 15 to help bring the ball down the floor and 00 to play defense was a move not commonly seen in past years.

Rest assured, Smith County definitely has our attention! They beat us 2 their place, and deservingly so. But, we'll be ready when they come here. Hats off to your new Coach....who is he?

Rest assured, Smith County definitely has our attention! They beat us 2 their place, and deservingly so. But, we'll be ready when they come here. Hats off to your new Coach....who is he?

SC is playing very well right now. A diferent kind of ball than has been played around here in a long time. The Coach is Dusty Whittaker. He has been the assistant coach for 2-3 years. He took over when Apple stepped down. Coach Whit is from Clay Co., (I believe). This is just my opinion, but looks to me like he lets the kids play without fear of making mistakes, and believes in team ball, and defense. Again just my opinion, he has kids (2-3) playing better than they were earlier in the year. Before SC lived and died by the 3. Now he has the team playing to each others strengths like looking for a cutter before taking an ill advised 3, and all of them are playing defense instead of standing around.

I can't remember when SC beat CC,LA and Upperman in about a 2 week span.

Updating my prediction:

1. Upperman (10-0)

2. Cannon Co. (6-4)

3. Livingston (6-4)

4. Smith Co. (5-5)

5. Dekalb Co. (3-7)

6. York (0-10)

I am giving Livingston the benefit of doubt here hoping that they don't blow a game against Dekalb or York and that they split with Cannon Co. I am giving Cannon 2nd on the prediction of point spread after a split with Livingston, but these two games could go either way.

:lol:

My Top 3 (Hope I'm Wrong)

1. Upperman

2. Cannon Co.

3. Livingston

A Bobby McWillams team will have Livingston for lunch from here on out. Upperman is a great fundamental and disciplined team and Livingston no longer has Coach Melton to counter McWillams. The part that I hope I am wrong on is Cannon finishing above Livingston. However, if Livingston continues to play without discipline and the street ball they are playing now, a well coached Cannon Co team may edge us for 2nd place. This district has suddenly became anyones to take.

Got your wish! YOU ARE WRONG!!!! Guess Mcwilliams's "fundamental discipline" didn't work too well against Smith Co and LA's "street ball" wore down Cannon! Good job LA :thumb:

An exciting game at LA just put Livingston, Upperman, & Cannon into a 3-way tie for first in the district with Smith County only 1 game out. Although Livingston should be undefeated in the district, it is what it is.

If if comes down to Upperman and Cannon at this point, Cannon holds the tie-breaker. The LA @ Cannon Co. game may just be the game that decides who wins this district.

Livingston has wore the crown for the last 5 seasons. If anyone is going to take the throne, now is the time.

Livingston should still be the favorite...and I dont think that is a biased opinion, but others might. SC played really well at their place in their win over LA, but it was an upset. Smith County no doubt is a HOT team right now but they are gonna have to play like this the rest of the way in order for them to stay near the top. It still looks like a 4 horse race, but LA is beginning to hit its stride..

GO HOG-EYE!!!