AP prep poll Class A

GreenFog

I got news for all of ya, there is NO WAY Forrest or Lake County deserves to be even mentioned in the top ten. 7 wins 8 losses? Are you kidding me? I don't care who you say you've played you have a losing record so end of discussion. LC is average at best, Forrest got beat by Moore County for crying out loud! Give me a break Jackson County had them down 35 in the 3rd quarter! Ya'll just keep believing these polls and lets see how far you get!

Lake Co is 11-8..Two of the losses were in the Hall Of Fame without ANY starters..Melrose has lost 6 games.They were ranked number 1 in last weeks poll.I guess they aren't a top ten team either.Have you actually seen Lake Co play?The number 2 team only beat them by 3 points in a game that Lake Co led all the way until the last minute.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that if you have a losing record or more than say 6 loses there is no way that you can expect to be ranked in a "beauty contest" such as the AP Poll. My question is about how polls are done. I would think that a poll ( and certainly the first poll of the year) would reflect three or four things- one, what did the team do last year (how did they finish)-two, how many players are back- three, their schedule and success against it-four, how are they are doing right now. Anybody agree? What teams deserve to be ranked if this criteria is used?

Well I guess Melrose isn't a top 10 either.Melrose was ranked the number 1 team in the Nation at one time..not the State but the Nation.Have played the number 1 team in the nation and about 5 of the top teams in the State.I'd be willing to bet a lot of those 18-1 teams don't want to play Melrose.Ask Dyer Co about the Memphis schools .

Edited by mrbigster

I can make a valid argument for Summertown and their 7 losses. Try 6 losses to AA and AAA teams, 4 of which could have gone either way. Add to that 3-0 versus currently ranked Top 10 teams. The only loss to a single A team was 2 points in one of the toughest gyms in the state to play in.

Glazed, when you complain about the officials when you win, you are making excuses for why that win wasnt bigger. You have failed to answer who you have payed that makes your record more impressive than anything Summertown has done. You can not think you would have faired any different versus the same schedule that Summertown has played. Not to mention, I have seen PC play and I have also seen CA and Mt Pleasant play and I think they match up very well with you. Mt Pleasant is LONG and athletic---they can easily pound the rodk in the post on you and hurt you bad--remember--you say that PC and Summertown are very equal (do I need to copy and paste your own words AGAIN) and Mt Pleasant put up 93 on them. CA matches up well also with you. I can bag on CA and Mt Pleasant all I want cuz Summertown has answered the bell against them--until you do, nothing you can say will sway my opinion of PC until you do. Another bet I am willing to make (for entertainment purposes, of course) would be that Summertown beats WC WORSE than PC did at WC.

I agree with you Vandy..We'll see when Summertown gets in the tournament and plays one of those 17-2 teams that haven;t played anyone.My money would be on Summertown.

Edited by mrbigster