AP prep poll Class A

GreenFog

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Bearcats you can talk bout how horrible they Falcons are but They did beat PC by 11 at home and lost by 14 at your place. You guys can talk bout football and not having Tucker all you want but those are just excuses. LC also was in the football playoffs and they can make the excuse of plaing back to back nights when they lost to PC while PC had not played since Tuesday and had the rest and prep time. You can say what you want but LC played uninspired, sorry but they did not get up to play PC in 24 hours after huge emotional district win over UC where they played extremely hard. Also the Falcons shot 1-17 from 3 point range and 7-18 from FT line. Not going to have that bad of night often. With all that said you won by 14 and the game was pretty even unitl late in the 3rd quarter. So if the Vikings (and I have seen them play both games vs LC) are the best Sinlge A team in the state then I like our chances!!

This is to NWhoopaholic----

I think if you are going to push for Perry County in the next poll and when the middle area pushes for CA and Forrest, please use this information and push for Summertown----they now own 2 DOUBLE DIGIT wins over Columbia Academy. Beat them by 13 last night at Summertown. So, we now own those plus a win AT Forrest and our only loss to a single A team is by 2 points on the road AT Perry County and even DOMINATED the NW Tn power Union City.

Yeah Bearcats you can talk bout how horrible they Falcons are but They did beat PC by 11 at home and lost by 14 at your place. You guys can talk bout football and not having Tucker all you want but those are just excuses. LC also was in the football playoffs and they can make the excuse of plaing back to back nights when they lost to PC while PC had not played since Tuesday and had the rest and prep time. You can say what you want but LC played uninspired, sorry but they did not get up to play PC in 24 hours after huge emotional district win over UC where they played extremely hard. Also the Falcons shot 1-17 from 3 point range and 7-18 from FT line. Not going to have that bad of night often. With all that said you won by 14 and the game was pretty even unitl late in the 3rd quarter. So if the Vikings (and I have seen them play both games vs LC) are the best Sinlge A team in the state then I like our chances!!

Well I guess we can say our first loss to LC was because we played a friday night game before we played LC. But say all you want you never played us with a starter down. End of story.

Well I guess we can say our first loss to LC was because we played a friday night game before we played LC. But say all you want you never played us with a starter down. End of story.

why is it that everytime someone gives a fact against your precious Perry County team you always have some kinda excuse to why things happened the way they did?

This shows you how much emphasis these sports writers put into these rankings. If Cosby is the #8 team in the state I will eat my hat. Not only do they play in the weakest district in the state of Tennessee but there non conference schedule is a joke as well. West Greene,Midway, Berean Christian and ETC: I dont care if they was 30-1 there is a reason for their record. I know of 5 teams in single A at the moment that may have lost more than 1 game but deserve to be in the top 10 way before Cosby deserves to be in the 8th spot.

You failed to mention the 3 AAA schools Cosby beat. Unaka is the only A school to stay within 30 of the Eagles. Cosby is VERY good this year. If there are 8 A schools in the state better than Cosby I'll eat my hat!

Glazed, I am with you on Perry County being ranked---we differ on the excuses you provide. They are just that--EXCUSES. I havent seen you play the schedule loaded with AAA and AA teams as as Summertown. I always hear about how good Union City is and Summertown DOMINATED them. If they are a traditional power in the West and a challenger there it says nothing about West Tennessee basketball, though I will give them their respect. What is your excuse for having a full roster and only winning by 2 over Summertown at home? Had we not played 3 games in 4 days I think Summertown probably wins that game, not to mention it was on the road to boot. I think Summertown is the better team, but the excuses you make for losing are astounding. Analyze the game not the factors regarding the roster. Did you rebound? Turnovers---things of that nature.

Perry Co is 1-1 against Top ten, and 1-0 against Stown. And did you forget that Tyler Rice didn't play when you won by 34.

To quote you yourself from the 12A board when debating I think it was wchscoach, Do you believe Rice makes up a 34 point difference? Your position on that was NO. That said, Summertown is 3-0 vs Top 10 opponents--you cant believe you have faired better in that regard. Also look at overall schedule--have you played the quality schedule that Summertown has? Two games vs AAA Top 15 Lawrence County (one of which we probably should have won), a game on the road with AAA Top 4 Red Bank, a game on the road vs AAA McGavock, and a home and home with AA Top 15 Spring Hill? I highly doubt Perry County would have faired any better against the same competition. You only beat us by 2 at your place with a full roster---what will your excuse be in losing at our house? I saw where you cried about the officiating Friday vs Wayne County in a 6 point win---a game in which you were only whistled for 1 foul the entire second half. Sounds to me like the officiating wasnt the problem and could have very well been one-sided IN YOUR FAVOR.

Perry Co is 1-1 against Top ten, and 1-0 against Stown. And did you forget that Tyler Rice didn't play when you won by 34.

CAALLED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Post akaGlazed, on 15 December 2010 - 02:22 PM, said:

We will just have to see how much Tyler helps this team, I still have my doubts if he can swing a 34 point game though.