AP prep poll Class A

GreenFog

Who voted? Anybody from E. TN? I do not see a team listed in the top ten that CSAS could not beat. They have beat every A team they have played. They beat Brainerd, Howard, Mc Minn Central, Mc Callie. They have all their players back from last year as a Final Four team from the State Tourney last year. In addition they now have the added incentive of not being ranked in the state. Can't get much better than that!!!

I agree with ya

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class A

School/ Record/ Pts

1. Clarksville Academy (13) /15-1/ 139

2. Humboldt /11-3/ 119

3. Middleton (1) /12-0/ 110

4. Hampton /11-3/ 65

5. Columbia Academy /12-2/ 60

6. Forrest /13-3/ 55

7. Lake County /7-8/ 45

8. Cosby /10-1/ 33

9. McEwen /12-1/ 26

10. Westwood /8-4/ 24

Others receiving 12 or more points: Chatt. Sch. For Arts 21. Cascade 18. Peabody 17. Cloudland 13.

How does a team that is 7-8 make the top 10?

Lake Co is now 10-8 after winning last night at Trenton by 14 points,Trenton wasprobably about 13-4 and was just ranked out of the top 10..Another thing about the records..I'm going to throw another team out there.Union City..They are just 8-13..But have losses to Covington,Westview,Jackson Southside,Marshall Co and Graves Co Kentucky,Dyer co.,Humboldt,Lake Co.,Gibson Co.,Southwind out of Memphis..How many Single a teams would have a winning record against those teams?None of them would beat Southwind or Dyer co.Doubt many teams on that top 10 list would want to see Union City in a loser go home game.

Edited by mrbigster

What a joke this poll is. Jackson County hasn't lost to a single A team all year let alone 3 single A teams. Perry Co. not being in it is ridiculous as well. Good thing this isn't like the BCS lol. It will all be decided on the court!

Because they haven't played a good Single A school yet so of course you all haven't lost to a A school yet. I still stand by my statement and say that no team from districts 7a and 8a a legit state contender, but I hope I am proved wrong! :thumb:

Edited by swanson71

This shows you how much emphasis these sports writers put into these rankings. If Cosby is the #8 team in the state I will eat my hat. Not only do they play in the weakest district in the state of Tennessee but there non conference schedule is a joke as well. West Greene,Midway, Berean Christian and ETC: I dont care if they was 30-1 there is a reason for their record. I know of 5 teams in single A at the moment that may have lost more than 1 game but deserve to be in the top 10 way before Cosby deserves to be in the 8th spot.

Hey buddy i think you need to ckeck out cosbys schedule again. beat 3A jefferson co, 2A seymour, 2A meigs co. 2A union co. they have beefed up their schedule big time. the state decides what district theyre in. i like how you pointed out the weakest teams on the schedule.

These are just completely ridiculous, Summertown has beat both Forrest and Colombia Academy and Perry County beat them as well as beating Lake Co by 14. Perry County only has one loss with all its players dressed out and ready to play. Perry County and Summertown are probably just as good as anybody on this poll.

Perry County has not played Forrest. Summertown beat Forrest at their place by 5 points. Rematch at Forrest coming up. Both teams are about even.

Perry County has not played Forrest. Summertown beat Forrest at their place by 5 points. Rematch at Forrest coming up. Both teams are about even.

I never said PC beat Forrest I said Stown did and PC beat Stown. And you saying Forrest and Stown are pretty even just proves my point that both PC and Stown are probably just as good as anyone on this poll. PC is a Top 2 team.

Edited by akaGlazed

I never said PC beat Forrest I said Stown did and PC beat Stown. And you saying Forrest and Stown are pretty even just proves my point that both PC and Stown are probably just as good as anyone on this poll. PC is a Top 2 team.

I would agree that Summertown and Perry County are probably as good, although I haven't seen the majority of the teams play. Have you?

Has anyone thought of the idea that the coacht strength+success ratings are more accurate than the AP biased polls? Just sayin'.

1. Middleton 1.396

2. Humboldt 1.350

3. Chatt. Arts & Sciences 1.321

4. Forrest 1.314

5. Friendship Christian 1.309

6. Cosby 1.298

7. Cloudland 1.285

8. McEwen 1.257

9. Columbia Academy 1.227

10. Clarksville Academy 1.227

11. Hampton 1.208

12. Summertown 1.194

13. Wartburg 1.193

14. Harriman 1.166

15. Huntland 1.147

16. Westwood 1.146

17. Watertown 1.131

18. Van Buren County 1.129

19. Jackson County 1.118

20. Clay County 1.116

Has anyone thought of the idea that the coacht strength+success ratings are more accurate than the AP biased polls? Just sayin'.

1. Middleton 1.396

2. Humboldt 1.350

3. Chatt. Arts & Sciences 1.321

4. Forrest 1.314

5. Friendship Christian 1.309

6. Cosby 1.298

7. Cloudland 1.285

8. McEwen 1.257

9. Columbia Academy 1.227

10. Clarksville Academy 1.227

11. Hampton 1.208

12. Summertown 1.194

13. Wartburg 1.193

14. Harriman 1.166

15. Huntland 1.147

16. Westwood 1.146

17. Watertown 1.131

18. Van Buren County 1.129

19. Jackson County 1.118

20. Clay County 1.116

No because once again PC is not even Top 20. And our rating has been the same since before our last 2 wins.

No because once again PC is not even Top 20. And our rating has been the same since before our last 2 wins.

Even though your Perry county fighting Kirk Haston's aren't in the coacht top 20... I would argue that it is more accurate than the AP poll. It at least takes into some consideration who each team played even though it doesnt take into account victories over other classifications, etc.

Edited by THELEGEND