AP prep poll Class A

GreenFog

CALLED OUT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

akaGlazed, on 15 January 2011 - 12:07 AM, said:

Are you kidding me, did you watch this game? The refs were the worst i've ever seen. #12 on yalls team could have fouled twice if they would have called all of them. This game was a complete joke, there were multiple times that we had players taken to the ground with no call. How can a player get put to the ground and nothing be called? WC doesn't have a chance at this District. If they can't beat

at Wayne Co. with the refs calling like that then they definantly won't beat us anywhere else. Summertown still may have a shot, we will see next friday. But PC has 2 district games between now and then to take care of.

HOOPLOVE

Question for you glazed........How many team fouls did PC have called on them the 2nd half?

Let me help you out.....1. 1 in the whole 2nd half, and that was called in the last 20 seconds of the game. Now who's kidding who?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me, did you watch this game? The refs were the worst i've ever seen. #12 on yalls team could have fouled twice if they would have called all of them. This game was a complete joke, there were multiple times that we had players taken to the ground with no call. How can a player get put to the ground and nothing be called? WC doesn't have a chance at this District. If they can't beat

at Wayne Co. with the refs calling like that then they definantly won't beat us anywhere else. Summertown still may have a shot, we will see next friday. But PC has 2 district games between now and then to take care of.

HOOPLOVE

Question for you glazed........How many team fouls did PC have called on them the 2nd half?

Let me help you out.....1. 1 in the whole 2nd half, and that was called in the last 20 seconds of the game. Now who's kidding who?

I never said the officiating was horrible for just us, i said it was the worst i've ever seen. Let me ask you this what are you goin to do when Perry County beats you on your home court? You never answered me or bearcats on how one loss to Stown will blow up our season. Also you and possom talk about are our excuses when people state facts about the games. Well please let me point out some facts for you. Perry County's record is 11-4 right now which is really good in itself. Fact 2 losses came prior to ALL 5 starters returning from football. Fact 1 Loss came to Lake Co. at their home court our 3rd game back from football with any prior practice. Fact Jacob Tucker did not even dress out for that game. Lake Co. fans ask if Tucker would make that much of a difference, because he is just a Football star. Fact Jacob Tucker drops 29 points against Lake Co. on our second meeting. Fact we beat Summertown by 2 at home. Fact Jacob Tucker played but still had back problems during that game, which is why he sat out from then until Christmas. Fact Stown was PC's 4 game back still had minimal to no practice and won. Fact Perry County has lost 1 game with all players on the floor in healthy condition. So until Stown actually beats us, don't talk your garbage on here about us. If you do beat though it is really no big deal, we still will only have 1 loss in the district and only 5 losses on the season. And no one else on our schedule to beat us.

Yeah Bearcats you can talk bout how horrible they Falcons are but They did beat PC by 11 at home and lost by 14 at your place. You guys can talk bout football and not having Tucker all you want but those are just excuses. LC also was in the football playoffs and they can make the excuse of plaing back to back nights when they lost to PC while PC had not played since Tuesday and had the rest and prep time. You can say what you want but LC played uninspired, sorry but they did not get up to play PC in 24 hours after huge emotional district win over UC where they played extremely hard. Also the Falcons shot 1-17 from 3 point range and 7-18 from FT line. Not going to have that bad of night often. With all that said you won by 14 and the game was pretty even unitl late in the 3rd quarter. So if the Vikings (and I have seen them play both games vs LC) are the best Sinlge A team in the state then I like our chances!!

Clear something up from my last post when I said CA i mean Columbia Academy..... But Wardawg i never said LC was horrible, i meant CA always gets voted in because of their coverage, I am only stating LC gets more recognition in the polls, I believe PC should be a top 5 team. I know its rough to come off of those back to back emotional wins but PC beat Wayne Co. their biggest rival friday night and in less than 24 hours they had no trouble winning again by 20 last night!!

HOOPLOVE

While were on the subject VandyChris, PC led the game v Stown by double digits the whole game and played sloppy the last two mins. Tucker did not do alot, not making excuses but he is one of our difference makers, PC played horrible against WC this Friday, also the refs were bad on both sides of the ball. Mercer and Dill did not do alot of scoring vs WC either which was very hurtful, but we still pulled out a six point win on the road, and come back last night and handled loretto. I agree Stown is very good but I feel like now that PC is in full swing for B-ball, and Haston is really getting a good handle of things they are definitely the favorite!

This is to NWhoopaholic----

I think if you are going to push for Perry County in the next poll and when the middle area pushes for CA and Forrest, please use this information and push for Summertown----they now own 2 DOUBLE DIGIT wins over Columbia Academy. Beat them by 13 last night at Summertown. So, we now own those plus a win AT Forrest and our only loss to a single A team is by 2 points on the road AT Perry County and even DOMINATED the NW Tn power Union City.

Thanks. Have Summertown on the radar too, though the win over Union City is not as big as years past. They are down. But it appears we were mis led about the best teams in Southern Middle.

Class A

School/ Record/ Pts

1. Clarksville Academy (13) /15-1/ 139

2. Humboldt /11-3/ 119

3. Middleton (1) /12-0/ 110

4. Hampton /11-3/ 65

5. Columbia Academy /12-2/ 60

6. Forrest /13-3/ 55

7. Lake County /7-8/ 45

8. Cosby /10-1/ 33

9. McEwen /12-1/ 26

10. Westwood /8-4/ 24

Others receiving 12 or more points: Chatt. Sch. For Arts 21. Cascade 18. Peabody 17. Cloudland 13.

How does a team that is 7-8 make the top 10?

I got news for all of ya, there is NO WAY Forrest or Lake County deserves to be even mentioned in the top ten. 7 wins 8 losses? Are you kidding me? I don't care who you say you've played you have a losing record so end of discussion. LC is average at best, Forrest got beat by Moore County for crying out loud! Give me a break Jackson County had them down 35 in the 3rd quarter! Ya'll just keep believing these polls and lets see how far you get!

AKA the fact you guys played on Friday the first time would not be valid due to the fact the Falcons also played on that Friday so the field was more level then. Both team played on tired legs with no prep time. Bottomline you guys had the advantage in round 2. I will say we will have to agree to disagree on the topic b/c you will not agree with that I know. As I stated earlier the Vikings have a good team and some fine players. They will be tough to handle but so will the falcons. UC is down this year that is a fact but they are traditionally very tough, NO single A team can match what they have done recently, including 2 state titles 2 Mr. Basketballs and an undefeated season in the last 4 years.District 14-A has been as good or better than any recently with UC, Humboldt, LC and Trenton(during the Doaks days) having great teams. Time will tell how things shake out this year but it is fun to debate with you guys!! :thumb:

middletnsportsfan, your name says enough to let us know where your heart lies. You have your opinion like everyone else but seems alot more state single A titles have gone west or east recently than the middle. I know Union City has 2 title in the last 4 years. Not saying there are not good teams in the middle but let's not get crazy. I have not seen a clear cut dominant single A tdeam this year so it should make an interesting post season.

middletnsportsfan, your name says enough to let us know where your heart lies. You have your opinion like everyone else but seems alot more state single A titles have gone west or east recently than the middle. I know Union City has 2 title in the last 4 years. Not saying there are not good teams in the middle but let's not get crazy. I have not seen a clear cut dominant single A tdeam this year so it should make an interesting post season.

Oh don't get me wrong i don't look at this with rose colored glasses. West Tn has long been the king of mens basketball in the state of Tn, notice i didn't argue with Humboldts ranking? I'm just saying that no team with a losing record should ever be in the top ten of any poll and Forrest is not that good i've seen them play.

I got news for all of ya, there is NO WAY Forrest or Lake County deserves to be even mentioned in the top ten. 7 wins 8 losses? Are you kidding me? I don't care who you say you've played you have a losing record so end of discussion. LC is average at best, Forrest got beat by Moore County for crying out loud! Give me a break Jackson County had them down 35 in the 3rd quarter! Ya'll just keep believing these polls and lets see how far you get!

I agree that if you have a losing record or more than say 6 loses there is no way that you can expect to be ranked in a "beauty contest" such as the AP Poll. My question is about how polls are done. I would think that a poll ( and certainly the first poll of the year) would reflect three or four things- one, what did the team do last year (how did they finish)-two, how many players are back- three, their schedule and success against it-four, how are they are doing right now. Anybody agree? What teams deserve to be ranked if this criteria is used?