Region 6A

Vandychris

Ok, well since those guys are playing........

12A #1 Perry County vs 11A #4 Santa Fe = PC wins +12....I believe SF will hang around for a half. I can see foul trouble hindering SF in the 2nd half and PC pulls away in 4th.

12A #2 Summertown vs 11A #3 Culleoka = Summertown wins +8.....I see this game being close for 3 quarters. Cully plays pretty good defense. If Summertown's shots aren't falling, they might be in trouble... Clifton wills Summertown to victory in the 4th.

12A #3 Wayne County vs 11A #2 Columbia Academy = CA wins +15....CA bounces back from a tough loss against Mount Pleasant and comes out and plays best ball of season! The Dawg Pound is a tough place to play. Can Rice handle the taunts from the student section? I think the Richardson twins will be tough for WC to match down low.

12A #4 Collinwood vs 11A #1 Mount Pleasant = MP wins +25....NOBODY wants to play Mount Pleasant right now...I'm telling you guys, they are playing some great basketball. Princeton Harlan is a different kind of animal. He's nothing like any player you guys have seen over in 12A on a nightly basis....you'll see what I'm talking about when he blocks every single shot C'wood throws up down low and then runs the court and dunks on somebody's head...kid has a BIG future if he keeps his head on straight. Oh yeah, he's only a sophomore!!

That's MY predictions on the 1st round of regions folks!!

Your not giving near enough credit to the Top 3 teams from 12A. I don't even come close to understanding why people think that PC has weak post play? Tucker and Gilboy are probably the best 2 post players in 12A. PC will win by 16+ with Dill playing limited minutes. Stown would win by 8 with or without Clifton. And even though I wish CA would beat WC, I have low expectations that it will happen. Rice is a big game player and I expect him to come out with huge numbers. WC by 5. And mTp probably will win, but not by 25(I don't care what kind of beast that kid is).

Edited by akaGlazed

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOOOOOO! tournament time. This is when talk becomes cheap and action takes it's rightful place.

So, here is a breakdown of SF to the guy who was asking: they do not have a 6'5 behemoth. He is honestly about 6'7 and 285. so I would say beast over behemoth. defensively they are SOLID, they run all types of D and I can't say what they are going to run against PC because they are just going to surprise you, thats SF coach's specialty. He honestly works harder than any coach in 11A and I can guarantee those boys are prepared. DO NOT focus on the beast, thats like focusing on the yankees pinstripes and derek jeter knocking one through your legs. SF will methodically cut down and wear away at you like a parasite. They are balanced and deep, so foul trouble will be no issue. They have battled injuries all year and played multiple offenses. Your best defense is just to man up and put a hand in the shooters faces and pray they are not hot. (this team has three 40+ percent 3point shoooters, and its strange but they all shoot the same amount of shots each game and there has not been a SINGLE game this season when they more than 1 of the 3 hit his average) so if they are hot, good luck. I am not being biased I am being very real here, I think its scary if they all click (and after an upset maybe they got a gut check)

Best advise to PC. get a level head, play like a #2 seed not a cocky #1. Stay on youre feet, stay in front of the shooters, put the most physical guy on the beast. (get him angry) SF will force you to play their game, you have to beat them at it.

thanks for the respect VC, I hope it is a good game and both team play well. The winner of this game will move on

Why beast over behemoth? A behemoth is larger.

On to the game, PC's defense has been looking much better by playing more than just man, and the 1-3-1 works really well when it's run right. I don't know why people try to run man in the half court when they need the ball. SF will keep the score low and close.

WC will have trouble at CA, tough place to play. If anyone is being underestimated, it's Collinwood. They play hard and could catch hot. As long as some of their players don't take bad shots, they definitely could keep it close.

Please refer me to a post where anyone from 12A actually said the 12A would go 4-0:

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

Everyone knows all the 11A teams will lose to the 12A teams except maybe 1 in Region tourney so why are we having this discussion.

This post has been edited by akaGlazed: 30 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM????

Forget about this??

Obamasmama 1

akaGlazed negative -10

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

Everyone knows all the 11A teams will lose to the 12A teams except maybe 1 in Region tourney so why are we having this discussion.

This post has been edited by akaGlazed: 30 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM????

Forget about this??

Obamasmama 1

akaGlazed negative -10

Once again you makes yourself look stupid, I asked for a post where we said 4-0, and you bring me one that says all except maybe one. Then you quote my post from mid season where I say that 11As #1 would be hard pressed to beat 12As #4, I never said 12A would go 4-0 I might have indicated that there was a likelihood that it would happen in several different posts but never actually stated that it would happen.

Edited by akaGlazed

Once again you makes yourself look stupid, I asked for a post where we said 4-0, and you bring me one that says all except maybe one. Then you quote my post from mid season where I say that 11As #1 would be hard pressed to beat 12As #4, I never said 12A would go 4-0 I might have indicated that there was a likelihood that it would happen in several different posts but never actually stated that it would happen.

i'm pretty sure that one where you said 11a's 1 seed would be hard pressed to beat loretto, is dated. and that date was less than a month ago...feb 4, 2011