District 5 AA

bigclittleh

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great year for District 5AA. Several good teams with a lot of close games.

1) Sequoyah

2) Polk

3)McMinn Central

4)Sweetwater

5) Meigs

I don't see how with a sane mind you can think that Sequoyah will finish above Polk County, Meigs or Central. Polk lost one starter from last years team that with the exception of two games against central dominated district play. From what I hear, they also have the only day 2 starter that can break glass. Central should split with everyone with Moses on the mound (Polk IMO has the only chance to beat him). Every year it is the same deal with Chef optimism I guess.... some fan predicts a championship, and the chefs end up in the cellar

I don't see how with a sane mind you can think that Sequoyah will finish above Polk County, Meigs or Central. Polk lost one starter from last years team that with the exception of two games against central dominated district play. From what I hear, they also have the only day 2 starter that can break glass. Central should split with everyone with Moses on the mound (Polk IMO has the only chance to beat him). Every year it is the same deal with Chef optimism I guess.... some fan predicts a championship, and the chefs end up in the cellar

First, I have not picked the Chiefs to finish first in the past.... If you think the Chiefs don't have a day 2 starter that can break glass you are crazy. I do think Polk is the team to beat. The Chiefs demolished the Chargers at camp at MTSU this summer. I know when Moses takes the mound Central will be tough to beat as always! There is NO WAY the CHIEFS end up in the cellar!

anyome picking an unproven chiefs team over two teams being central and polk that graduated only three players between them,and both being sub-state teams.the chiefs are getting better and their future is bright in a year or two.they want be in the basement as long as sweetwater stays in this district.you bring up the m.t.s.u.thing i guess you know how many of centrals starters played and in their normal position or who pitched you need to do a little homework before making comments about another team.

• 2 weeks later...

First, I have not picked the Chiefs to finish first in the past.... If you think the Chiefs don't have a day 2 starter that can break glass you are crazy. I do think Polk is the team to beat. The Chiefs demolished the Chargers at camp at MTSU this summer. I know when Moses takes the mound Central will be tough to beat as always! There is NO WAY the CHIEFS end up in the cellar!

Sequoyah fans always predict they will win it, about all the time and always fail. No matter if its football or baseball there going to win, until the season starts and they wake up and face reality. I am going to say Polk is the team to beat, with Central having the best shot of beating them. I believe Moses can carry them when he is on the mound, if he gets a little help I think they might be able to beat Polk. I see Meigs coming in 3rd and Sequoyah in 4th.. I cant wait to see Allen from Polk (UT signee) and Moses (Belmont University signee) play this year and not have to worry about where they are going to be going next year. I see big things coming from these two players. I heard they both played great ball against the top players in the Nation when they were on Team Tennessee out in Oklahoma :thumb: