Can Maryville take Hilsboro

givbakr2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TroMan42 Do you think you were missing players when you got spanked by Maryville? Do you think you'll get by Greenville, Tennessee High and Elizabethton to get to Maryville? Powell would beat Mor west no question from some of what I saw last week, they gave the Rebs a game for 1.5 quarters! Good luck, hope you knock those other teams off.

I think that Maryville can beat Hillsboro, but I also think that Hillsboro can beat Maryville. I believe that the game could go either way. But, It's too early to be talking about a game like this anyway because it could possibly be two other teams in the state championship other than Hillsboro and Maryville.

I hope Maryville hasn't gotten to the point where they think they can't be beaten, because thats one of the quickest ways to get beat.

Guest caligula

WING-T, MANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a crappy O, they make it work but it is annoying and Maryville can pick it apart. Its all jumbled...I hate the Wing-T. I remember when all those coaches (William Blount) went to the FL camp back in '96 and came back thinking they were gonna change the world...we'll how many of those teams have gone far in the playoffs.

I can't speakfor the east part of the state so Maryville may very well be head and shoulders above the rest in 4A in the eastern part of this great state, but somehow I think they are going to face some pretty tough teams on the way. I can, however, speak for some teams from the western part of the state from Memphis. Fairly, East, and Melrose are all currently undefeated. I have seen East play once, against ECS at the Bridges Bowl Classic in the Beginning of the season. I've seen Fairley play once this year as well when they visited a very good 5A Whitehaven, and win in a squeeker by 2 points. I've seen Melrose play twice. I saw them destroy MUS in the Bridges Bowl Classic with an outstanding run game, then I saw then come spot Christian Brothers 17 firt half points, change from a run game to a passing game, and win that game 19 to 17. I've seen a lot of high school football over the years because I make it a point to go to a good game every Friday night. These three teams are FOR REAL, all three have BIG, STRONG, & FAST linemen on both sides of the ball. All three teams have very good running games with some really quick, fast, strong runners. All three teams have fast and sure handed wide recievers, with at the minimum of three playmakers per team at the reciever position. All three teams have LB's that are both tremendously fast and ferocious hitters. These teams have the athletes to run the basic 4-3 defense and give any team fits on either the pass or the run. All three teams have a tremendous amount of team speed, at EVERY position, this is no exaggeration. All three teams have excellent QB's that can throw pinpoint passes as well as exude a vast amount of team leadership. Finally, all three teams are VERY WELL COACHED. It's a shame that only one of these teams can make it to Murphreesboro, if either of them make it that far. I believe if Hillsboro get to the semi's, they will face one of these three teams, which ever team makes it from this side of the bracket. I wouldn't assume Hillsboro is going to be in the championship game just yet. Remember, all three of these teams are in the same region, 8-4A. I belive this is one of the toughest regions to win, regardless of classification! I will put region 8-5A up there with it, as I know some of you know of some other tough regions as well. I'm not saying that a Memphis team will be in the championship game from 4A. I am saying that there are 3 excellent teams in 4A and one of has a very good chance of making it to the semi-final game to play Hillsboro, if Hillsboro makes it that far as well. I can say this though, man .... there is a lot of good football being played in Memphis and the surrounding area. A lot of good football!

I would disagree that Memphis East is well coached - in the state championship two years ago they had a ton of penelties because they were very undisciplined . . . But I am sure that you are right on about the other stuff. The reason I think maryville will be around for a while is because they are the closest thing to a college football program that you will find in public school football, 1A - 5A. The impressions that I've gotten from watching a few of the west tn teams is that they have lots of raw talent, probably alot more than a team like Maryville or Mo West. The thing that makes maryville different is that the coaching and technique on the team is so good that they can take a good player and make them great. That is a very hard skill to find in other high school programs. Anyway, I like maryville to win the state this year, and I see a memphis team in the championship. I don't think that hillsboro will make it back this year. See yall in Murfreesboro!

I love saying that Maryville is the best team in the state, but I have to be realistic! I think Maryville can play with any team out there, but beating every team I leave up to the players! I will say Maryville is the best team in the state when the players prove it and not until then! You might catch me saying that Maryville is ranked number one in the state, but don't mix them up!