Former East Tennessee Schools

rollredroll

I am trying to track down some information on some old/closed East Tennessee schools. Specifically, I am looking primarily for the nicknames and, if known, the school colors of a handful of schools:

Knox. Austin

Knox. East

Boones Creek

Friendsville

Lake City

Lanier

Maury

Porter

Spring City

Surgoinsville

Townsend

Walland

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am trying to track down some information on some old/closed East Tennessee schools. Specifically, I am looking primarily for the nicknames and, if known, the school colors of a handful of schools:

Knox. Austin

Knox. East

Boones Creek

Friendsville

Lake City

Lanier

Maury

Porter

Spring City

Surgoinsville

Townsend

Walland

Boones Creek Bars

Colors: Red and Silver

They were part of consolidation into Daniel Boone.

Jonesboro Tigers

Orange and White

consolidation into David Crockett

Maury Hornets

Orange and Blue

Jefferson County High

Edited by smokefb
  • Like 1

Knox. Austin

Knox. East

Boones Creek

Friendsville

Lake City

Lanier

Maury

Porter

Spring City

Surgoinsville

Townsend

Walland

Friendsville Falcons...Blue/White

Lanier Eagles...Green/Yellow

Porter Pathers...Blue/Gold(Yellow)

Townsend Tigers...Orange/White

Walland Indians...Red/White

Thanks to everyone for the help thus far, including the schools linked to the former schools (smokefb).

Sneaky, I already had that information for those schools you mentioned and therefore did not include them in the request (Holston Warriors, Doyle Pioneers, Madisonville Golden Tornadoes, Vonore Blue Devils, etc.).

You've left out...

Knox Rule (Golden Bears)

Knox Holston

Knox Doyle

Knox South-Young (They were the Trojans, but I'm sure they were separate at some point)

Madisonville

Vonore

Not sure about the other mascots.

Actually, going back even before South-Young were South High and Young High.

South High went by the Rockets, red and white if memory serves, and Young High was the Yellow Jackets, and they were orange and black, again if memory serves.

South and Young merged in to a new building in, and I believe this is correct, in the 1976-1977 school year. They were the Trojans.

Don't remember what year South-Young and Doyle merged to become South Doyle. There are still some bad feelings from some Young High grads that their name was left completely off of the new school.

Doyle, as you said, were the Pioneers and were red and possibly gold?

Holston went by Warriors, and were blue and gold, again if memory serves.

Rule was light blue and gold.

Edited by HTV

Actually, going back even before South-Young were South High and Young High.

South High went by the Rockets, red and white if memory serves, and Young High was the Yellow Jackets, and they were orange and black, again if memory serves.

South and Young merged in to a new building in, and I believe this is correct, in the 1976-1977 school year. They were the Trojans.

Don't remember what year South-Young and Doyle merged to become South Doyle. There is still some bad feelings from Young High grads that their name was left completely off of the new school.

Doyle, as you said, were the Pioneers and were red and possibly gold?

Holston went by Warriors, and were blue and gold, again if memory serves.

Rule was light blue and gold.

Some others not listed on your consolidation/merger page on hsfdatabase from Sullivan County:

Blountville Tigers - blue and gold, fielded football teams 1963 thru 1967 seasons, consolidated into Sullivan Central 1968

Holston Institute Eagles / Holston High (Blountville, TN)- non-football school consolidated into Sullivan Central 1968.

Bluff City non-football school consolidated into Sullivan East 1969.

Mary Hughes H.S. (Piney Flats, TN)non-football school consolidated into Sullivan East 1969.

Holston Valley Rebels non-football school consolidated into Sullivan East 1969.

Edited by biglon68