Class A predictions?

linedrive1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Riverside is a good team and that Stephen Gant is a good pitcher. However, why is it that everyone thinks they can't be beat. I believe that ANY team can be beat with hard work and determination. I just dont think Riverside is on this pillar that everyone is putting them on. No problem saying they got good players and they work hard, but they are not the New York Yankees. They put their cleats on one at a time just like these other teams. Cant wait to see if the so called "chosen ones" can go the distance. I bet they will have a few bumps in the road.

I've not seen where anyone said that they were unbeatable.This thread is titled "predictions",thus a lot of people are predicting that Riverside will have a good shot at repeating.With a years worth of growth and development,two years worth of experiance at state,10 run rule-ing almost everyone in the post season last year,losing only one player,and incorporating some very good freshmen on the team,who in the world wouldn't feel that they have the inside tract?It is very difficult to repeat,just for the reason that one slip at the wrong time can eliminate even a dominate team,but how can you fault anyone for a preseason prediction as obvious as this one?

As far as E. Tennessee, the team that stands out is Grace Christian Academy. They are coached by Brian Hochever whose son is currently the KC Royals #1. They are coming off a TSSAA suspension that was an infraction on the basketball team, so from what I can tell they will be playing with a chip on their shoulder. They also have a kid by the name of oh, Helton. If hes not related to Todd he should tell everyone he is anyway. As someone who is in the know and have seen both GCA and Harriman play it goes to GCA in this divsion. I believe they are both in the same district and if this is true you will probably see them play it out in the Region.

I've not seen where anyone said that they were unbeatable.This thread is titled "predictions",thus a lot of people are predicting that Riverside will have a good shot at repeating.With a years worth of growth and development,two years worth of experiance at state,10 run rule-ing almost everyone in the post season last year,losing only one player,and incorporating some very good freshmen on the team,who in the world wouldn't feel that they have the inside tract?It is very difficult to repeat,just for the reason that one slip at the wrong time can eliminate even a dominate team,but how can you fault anyone for a preseason prediction as obvious as this one?

Dont be surprised if Wayne County makes a run this year.

Wouldn't surprise me. I saw several of those guys who should be Jr's and Sr's now at Wayne Co run thru the Dixie Youth State and into a World Series runner-up. They were great offensively back then but lacked pitching depth at times relying alot on the younger Rice. Does R. Rice coach the high school baseball team?

Riverside will be good. They have some athletes. the coach has turned that program around, but i believe tssaa should put him on their radar and keep an eye on them practicing during dead periods.

In life we stress that to be successful one must work hard, practice,and be dedicated to the task at hand.

After some success has been achieved , people start accusing you of breaking the rules, amazing!

Riverside will be good. They have some athletes. the coach has turned that program around, but i believe tssaa should put him on their radar and keep an eye on them practicing during dead periods.

In life we stress that to be successful one must work hard, practice,and be dedicated to the task at hand.

After some success has been achieved , people start accusing you of breaking the rules, amazing!

Yea broad axe thats just how things go.

Obviously this person is a jealous Scotts Hill fan who is mad because they are 15 minutes away from a state championship. Don't take your frustration out on a message board. IF you are a player get in the cage and take a few more cuts and fly balls, IF you are a parent then let the whole Riverside - Scotts Hill thing go because Scotts Hill will not compete with Riverside in baseball for a few more years.

IMO Wayneboro does not have enough pitching to win their district ,especially against Summertown.

WC added a new player that moved from Hardin County that is a major add. Dakota Lowe will be 1 of WC's top pitchers and players this year. He looked pretty good on the mound Saturday against Santa Fe and hit really well. As far as the pitching goes WC will be as good this year as last year and probably better due to several players growing and pitching in summer ball. WC has 1 maybe 2 guys that are seniors and will pitch other than that they are all juniors.