Got a high school football rule question?

footballref

what is the Official stance on artificial noise makers from the crowd? i mean is there no diffrence between a Dr. Pepper bottle/w rocks and say a Train Whistle cough.....(Gordonsville) I listened to the WECO radio broadcast of the 4th round playoff game live and almost couldn't tell what was happening because of the train whistle that they kept blowing. is this crap legal???? if so it needs to be addressed.

Are blocked extra points, interceptions and fumble recoveries allowed to returned for 2 pts in high school?

Nope. Once it is apparent the kick won't score or once the defense gains possession the play is over. They have actually added wording this year to the rule book stating that only the touchdown scoring team can score point on a try (point after). 

How long has the mercy rule been followed? I know the Season that Signal Mountain won the State title it seemed the game was called every week because of the mercy rule. I'm against the rule,if a team scores 100 points they score 100 points.

The game is not called. Once a team is up by 35 in the second half the clock runs for everything. It stops on timeouts, injuries, and scores. It then starts back on the kick on the kickoff. It has been this way for a few years now. 

what is the Official stance on artificial noise makers from the crowd? i mean is there no diffrence between a Dr. Pepper bottle/w rocks and say a Train Whistle cough.....(Gordonsville) I listened to the WECO radio broadcast of the 4th round playoff game live and almost couldn't tell what was happening because of the train whistle that they kept blowing. is this crap legal???? if so it needs to be addressed.

Noise makers are fine. Whistles are no good and we will stop the game to try and get rid of anything that sounds like a whistle from the stands. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one for you from our game last night. Team A throws a pass 15 yards down field which the receiver drops. Team B hits the receiver and the ref throws a flag for a personal foul. Where does the ref mark the foul off from? The line of scrimmage or spot of the foul 15 yards down field where the ball was dropped? It was marked last night from the spot of the dropped pass.