Got a high school football rule question?

footballref

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What is the purpose of the towel rule stating it can only be white and not have team logo or anything on it such as players #; and only 4 in. wide?

In a playoff scenario; if the home team's field is not up to par; or issues such as not time being able to not be kept on the field as TSSAA rules state; should the head ref have game moved to a different location? What are the rules for this?

What is the purpose of the towel rule stating it can only be white and not have team logo or anything on it such as players #; and only 4 in. wide?

In a playoff scenario; if the home team's field is not up to par; or issues such as not time being able to not be kept on the field as TSSAA rules state; should the head ref have game moved to a different location? What are the rules for this?

I think the purpose was originally to keep away advertisements...but that is just my opinion. I really have no idea why. The rule is changing this coming season. Below is the current rule

One unmarked moisture-absorbing white towel, which shall be no

less than 4 inches in width and 12 inches in length and no greater

than 18 inches in width and 36 inches in length;

As far as your second question.

The referee is not going to have the game moved. Odds are for playoffs the ECO would go to the press box and run the clock. If worse came to worse then the ECO would keep the clock on the field with a stop watch. I have done each of these before and one of them was in a playoff game.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...