Baylor vs Bradley

dogless

I agree 100% with you except it isn't a "mute point", it's a moot point. The real over and under is how many local and regional high school wrestling fans would come to see the match or even better a tri match with McCallie. My guess is 3,000.

You must be a lawyer.

If publicized effectively it would have to be in McKenzie.

No....haven't wrestled since last time a few years ago at the Cleveland Duals.

With both teams being strong and Collins Hill being a public school why would they not wrestle every year? I was shocked not to see Bradley at the Collins Hill duals last year when Brandon made the trip to Georgia.

Talk about a Baylor man crush. LOL. Bradley wins all matches from 52 to Hvw. 4 by pin. Baylor wins 4 or 5 close ones in the light and middle weights. End result, Bradley by 20+.

Lets hear your thoughts then, 4 by pin? I dont see that, and I see Watson and Doster both picking up bonus points. Not sure if you have Watson and Hames practice but its not even close.

I agree 100% with you except it isn't a "mute point", it's a moot point. The real over and under is how many local and regional high school wrestling fans would come to see the match or even better a tri match with McCallie. My guess is 3,000.

Why not just go ahead and bring in Christ Bros, and Fader Ryan so it can be shown one one date that they are able to beat the rest of the state.

Why not just go ahead and bring in Christ Bros, and Fader Ryan so it can be shown one one date that they are able to beat the rest of the state.

I don't think anyone cares about Bradley wrestling either of those teams, but what about those two schools that are relatively close??

Just by looking at the level of competition (or lack thereof) on both schedules, I wouldn't want that match either if I was Bradley.

I don't think anyone cares about Bradley wrestling either of those teams, but what about those two schools that are relatively close??

Just by looking at the level of competition (or lack thereof) on both schedules, I wouldn't want that match either if I was Bradley.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I would be surprised if anyone other than a few parents and cheerleaders showed up to see this match.

As far as the schedules go, you apparently have not studied Baylor's very closely.

Edited by mtnrasslin

Yeah, I guess you're right. I would be surprised if anyone other than a few parents and cheerleaders showed up to see this match.

As far as the schedules go, you apparently have not studied Baylor's very closely.

Perhaps I should have clarified my original post, since you understood none of it--

When I said that no one on this thread is interesting in seeing those two teams wrestle Bradley, I was referring to Pummel's comment about CBHS and Father Ryan. Those schools are not located so relatively close to Bradley.

Of course more than a few parents and cheerleaders would show up to watch Baylor or McCallie vs Bradley. In fact, it would be great for the wrestling community in TN if these matches were available.

And as far as the scheduling goes, you just proved my point. There's only one schedule with a lack of competition.

Apparently I have studied both teams' schedules (Bradley & Baylor) which led me to say that "I would not want that match either if I was BRADLEY"

Edited by RidinTime

Perhaps I should have clarified my original post, since you understood none of it--

When I said that no one on this thread is interesting in seeing those two teams wrestle Bradley, I was referring to Pummel's comment about CBHS and Father Ryan. Those schools are not located so relatively close to Bradley.

Of course more than a few parents and cheerleaders would show up to watch Baylor or McCallie vs Bradley. In fact, it would be great for the wrestling community in TN if these matches were available.

And as far as the scheduling goes, you just proved my point. There's only one schedule with a lack of competition.

Apparently I have studied both teams' schedules (Bradley & Baylor) which led me to say that "I would not want that match either if I was BRADLEY"

I doubt that the factor in wrestling or not wrestling Baylor has anything to do with their current schedule. If you believe that, then you may have studied their schedules and ignored the stated reasons that Bradley chooses not to engage with these teams. You have inferred that a chance to lose to Baylor is the factor.

I doubt that the factor in wrestling or not wrestling Baylor has anything to do with their current schedule. If you believe that, then you may have studied their schedules and ignored the stated reasons that Bradley chooses not to engage with these teams. You have inferred that a chance to lose to Baylor is the factor.

[/quote

That's a good point, however, bringing up the differences of schedules initially was meant to point out that Bradley would not easily win, if at all, that dual match either this year or any other year. There is obviously better competition out there for Bradley after seeing 50+ point wins all the way down their schedule.

My whole point being, there is better competition for them and it's in our own state. So it's unfortunate that this lone public school, who only occasionally has competition amongst their DI counterparts, refuses to wrestle other TN teams because of some "advantages."

Edited by RidinTime

You would be right- I totally missed it. My apologies.