3. Moore County 22-3 153 4

4. Scotts Hill (3) 22-0 145 5

5. Wayne County (2) 20-1 137 1

6. North Greene 19-6 87 6

7. Clarkrange 20-5 86 7

8. Loretto 18-6 81 9

9. Oakdale 22-2 36 NR

10. Hampton 15-6 34 8

Others receiving 12 or more points: Forrest 33. Red Boiling Springs 18.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Lake County on a great win the HOT HOUSE in Middleton!!!! This in combination with Wayne Co. lossto Lorretto propels them into the HOT SEAT!!!! Its great for those girls to be recognized with this ranking.....but DONT DRINK THE KOOLAID GIRLS!!!!! Gotta still show up and play every night!!!

hope to see yall in the boro!!!!

sbl

Glad to get a little recognition but after seeing it now,probably best to stay around the number 4 or 5 spot.Moore Co was there and lost,Wayne Co was there and lost.But that was the regular season.If Lake Co loses any time during the tournaments,especially in the region,sub-state or the State if they make it to any of those.then there is going to be a lot of I' told you Lake Co wasn't that good.And if it happens,Lake Co won't be able to redeem themselves.But if they do win out,then we could say,I told you so.But really,there seems to be about 8 to 10 teams that have a great chance with Jackson Co,Wayne Co,Moore Co,Scotts Hill,etc.If Greenfield comes to play ball,they can be at the Boro with us or without us.It could be any number of teams in our area.Scotts Hill,Middleton.Lake Co or Greenfield.Any of those teams will represent us well.Haven't seen scotts hill but they beat Middleton and Middleton was better than I thought they were,at least on that night.They have good height and if you don't hit against them,could result in a loss

Edited by mrbigster

Looks like the top five may be pretty even. I haven't seen any of them play during the season, but did see Moore Co. during the summer. I'd say N. Greene, Hampton (and Cloudland) are pretty even from East TN, but maybe a little weaker than the top 5. NG has only 1 loss to a 1A team (Hampton) as does Hampton (Cloudland). One or more of these teams could make some noise or at least make it to M'boro if they stay healthy and play well. Good luck to all.

Looks like the top five may be pretty even. I haven't seen any of them play during the season, but did see Moore Co. during the summer. I'd say N. Greene, Hampton (and Cloudland) are pretty even from East TN, but maybe a little weaker than the top 5. NG has only 1 loss to a 1A team (Hampton) as does Hampton (Cloudland). One or more of these teams could make some noise or at least make it to M'boro if they stay healthy and play well. Good luck to all.

I agree..All those 5 look pretty even and some others that are very close and can win on a given night.I know I ramble a lot about Lake Co and hope they do well but I admit,could be any of several teams.Just have to play ball every night.Hope to get good officiating to keep the best starters on the floor.Going to be some really good teams.I also have to admit that Jackson Co has looked pretty impressive.Thought they were going to be down at the start odf the season but by score watching and schedule watching and their scores,they have done really well over the whole body of work.And with no seniors.

Class A

Record Pts Prv

1. Lake County (11) 25-3 198 2

2. Jackson County (6) 22-2 195 3

3. Moore County 22-3 153 4

4. Scotts Hill (3) 22-0 145 5

5. Wayne County (2) 20-1 137 1

6. North Greene 19-6 87 6

7. Clarkrange 20-5 86 7

8. Loretto 18-6 81 9

9. Oakdale 22-2 36 NR

10. Hampton 15-6 34 8

Others receiving 12 or more points: Forrest 33. Red Boiling Springs 18.

clay co belongs in top 10, they can end up 2nd in the toughest district in the state. scotts hill should be #1 til someone beats them, not a team with 3 losses

Edited by senator

I can agree with you senator that Scotts Hill should be ranked #1 if you are going by records.They are a fine team as well and would not argue if they were ranked #1. I will have to defend the team with 3 losses, since I am a lady falcon fan!! Two of those 3 losses are to the #3 and #5 ranked teams in AA in Obion Central and Dyersburg. The Obion Central game went to overtime and was a game the lady falcons controlled for the most part untill the late stages of the 4th quarter. The other loss was to a KY school in a Christmas tourney. This school was much larger also. So I am glad that LC is getting recognition but it means little as the true #1 wil be decided on the court.

Clay County is definately worthy to be on it...They have losses against RBS, who was ranked 9th at one point in time and still recieves top 12 votes, Clarkrange and Jackson County who are ranked 7th and 2nd, and Macon County and Upperman who are ranked 7th and 8th in 2a...A loss against FCS which was before their 2 best players got hurt. There is 4 teams in region 4a that could easily make it on this list! I would take the top 4 teams in region 4a before I would some that is ranked!

Edited by swanson71

clay co belongs in top 10, they can end up 2nd in the toughest district in the state. scotts hill should be #1 til someone beats them, not a team with 3 losses

A team with 8 losses doesn't deserve to be in the top 10.At least by your criteria and going by records.Nobody ranked above Clay Co has 8 losses so why should Clay co be there?And I'm sure you're going to come back and say because Clay co is in the toughest district in the State.Boo hoo.I'm going to add to Wardadg's post.It will be settled at the end.May not be Lake Co but I'll just about bet it won't be Clay Co.Like Wardawg said,2 losses to the number 3 and 5 team in AA.Lake Co had Central by about 14 points until T.t. got in foul trouble.I know that's part of the game.But I also blame that loss on the Coach and the players.a 3 point lead with about 4 seconds left.All they had to do was foul immediately and Central would have shot 2 shots and Lake Co still wins by 1.But for some reason,they didn't and Central made a 3 and the game went to overtime and Lake Co lost.I believe they have lost by a total of 8 points in the 3 losses.Plus the district is tough with Greenfield,Bradford.Played several Kentucky schools.Played a good Brighton team.So again.if you think Clay Co should be ranked in the top 10 with 8 losses because they may have played a tougher schedule,then yoou just figured out the answer to why Lake Co is ranked number 1.

A team with 8 losses doesn't deserve to be in the top 10.At least by your criteria and going by records.Nobody ranked above Clay Co has 8 losses so why should Clay co be there?And I'm sure you're going to come back and say because Clay co is in the toughest district in the State.Boo hoo.I'm going to add to Wardadg's post.It will be settled at the end.May not be Lake Co but I'll just about bet it won't be Clay Co.Like Wardawg said,2 losses to the number 3 and 5 team in AA.Lake Co had Central by about 14 points until T.t. got in foul trouble.I know that's part of the game.But I also blame that loss on the Coach and the players.a 3 point lead with about 4 seconds left.All they had to do was foul immediately and Central would have shot 2 shots and Lake Co still wins by 1.But for some reason,they didn't and Central made a 3 and the game went to overtime and Lake Co lost.I believe they have lost by a total of 8 points in the 3 losses.Plus the district is tough with Greenfield,Bradford.Played several Kentucky schools.Played a good Brighton team.So again.if you think Clay Co should be ranked in the top 10 with 8 losses because they may have played a tougher schedule,then yoou just figured out the answer to why Lake Co is ranked number 1.

Why not put a team that's 18-8? There is a team that's 15-6 which is not much better than Clay's record! If some of those teams that are ranked would have played the schedule Clay County has played this year they would have a lost worse record than 18-8... They haven't lost to a team with anywhere close to a losing record this year, so if the voters would look at schedules Clay County is a clearly deserving of a top 10 seed.