District 4a Tournaments

eaglefan2012

I thought that #24 for wartburg really played poor compared to the other games that I've watched them play this season, against us she had 24pts and goes like 3-15 against Oakdale. She along with the other post players looked totally outmatched by kilby and redmon. Wartburg is a good team Dist. Champs is nothing to sneeze at, but if they are going very far next season #24 is going to need to step up big time. It looked like #23 and #24 hadn't slept in about a week ! But you can correct me if I'm wrong this is the first time Davis has missed the sub-state and I would imagine knowing how he likes to compete issues like these will be fixed. So i dont think that wartburg is a done deal to be great next season, I would place them 3rd for next season due to the effort I saw the other night.

Coalfield may have some trouble next year so these kids need to get after it tonight because it may be a while before we are back!

Go Jackets!

It looked to me like the Oakdale guards were just blowing by Wartburgs guards and scoring in the paint. I'm not sure what else #23 and #24 could have done, (besides hit some shots,lol) they held Oakdales post pretty much in check, but yeah, I agree completely that they all looked asleep. I didn't see one player from Wartburg play very well. I honestly think it was the worst shooting I have seen out of them all year.

I think they over achieved this year, nobody expected them to finish as strong as they did, and I think next year they will be fine.

Oakdale will still be strong next year, I think it will be Oakdale and Wartburg fighting for the top positions next year. Coalfield will lose alot I'm afraid, I even heard one Coalfield daddy talk about wishing his kid would go to Oakdale next year, but I just can't see that happening.

Oneida and Oliver Springs,...can't count them out either, they all have some good players coming back. It will be fun! :)

Good luck to your Jackets tonight, both of tonights teams deserve to keep playing.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oneida will need much better coaching to get top 2.....Oakdale will be good, but I think that if you look at history Wartburg will be in the mix, they have a very good coach! I'm not sure how he got them to a Dist. Champ this year. But Kidd and Davidson became explosive scorers in that tournament. The team just had a bad shooting night

Wartburg always has a ton of talent and they know how to play hard. Oakdale had the most talent this year with Wartburg right behind. Starting next year the Lady 'Dogs will be the team for about the next five years with all the talent they'll be getting from middle school. All those Jason Davis haters better watch out because he's gonna win a lot of games.

oneida will need much better coaching to get top 2.....Oakdale will be good, but I think that if you look at history Wartburg will be in the mix, they have a very good coach! I'm not sure how he got them to a Dist. Champ this year. But Kidd and Davidson became explosive scorers in that tournament. The team just had a bad shooting night

I think their middle school coach is a really good coach from what I've seen. What are the chances of her getting the job on the high school level? or did I just get a bad read and she isn't as good as I thought?

Or maybe the high school coach is better than what I thought?

Yeah, I think next year will be their year. Kristy Phillips and Tori Phillips sharing PG play. Kelly Kidd on the wing will be deadly, and Haley Hurtt can "hurt" you if you forget about her. Then you have Sarah Davidson and Madison Laughter on the inside (speed and power). Then there's Chelsea Lowe, if that girl gets healthy, she is a fighter and can play almost anywhere they need her. On top of that they're suppose to be a good freshman class coming in. I think next year they will be the team to beat. Oh! I don't wan to forget their Freshman post, Keele Mathis..she might be able to provide some quality minutes seeing as she is a true south paw, that left hand hook/shot of hers could develop into something really nice.

I think they'll be good inside AND out.

The Laughter girl has a way to go to be 'power' for Wartburg. She has size and the potential, but not sure she will ever get the power needed in the post.

The Laughter girl has a way to go to be 'power' for Wartburg. She has size and the potential, but not sure she will ever get the power needed in the post.

"not sure she will ever get the power needed in the post"??, lol

Your right, she's a big girl, but I have to disagree with the rest of your remark.

I watched her go in and shut the easy rebounds/points down on a couple of teams this year.

I think she needs to work on her footwork and stamina. She seems to not be able to give a ton of minutes...but you could tell a difference when she was in the paint during the games.

Between her and Davidson, that will be one tough combo.

• 5 months later...

It's Wartburg's district to lose, but sadly sub-state is the farthest they'll go. But you can almost chalk up sub-state because District 3 is terrible and District 4 won't be much better this year.

I wouldn't put wartburg in there either, their team is still very young, and I heard that injuries were still an issue. That's not good. I'm going to say that Oakdale with Kilby, Thompson, and Redmon will be the top team. Wartburg 2 or 3.

Coalfield will be lucky to finish 5th this year.