AAA State Tournament

dirtydawg15

Well, I'm already wrong. I picked Southwind to be one of the teams to make it out of Memphis, but I guess not. It's crazy to see that a team the caliber of Southwind will not be at state. Now, you have Memphis Central and Melrose playing in the semi's. beavo, you could say it's like SEC in football, but I will say it is like the Big East in basketball, lol. Tons of great teams that could beat the other on any given night. Whoever comes out of Memphis will be the team to beat in AAA state tournaments.

Siegel is not the same team from last year...they are much, much better. They have gone unbeaten in district play and all through the district tourney...(only 2 losses, beaten by a team out of South Carolina in the Bahamas and Oak Ridge this year).

But please, continue to overlook them. :thumb:

We will, but thanks for giving us permission.

Siegel is not the same team from last year...they are much, much better. They have gone unbeaten in district play and all through the district tourney...(only 2 losses, beaten by a team out of South Carolina in the Bahamas and Oak Ridge this year).

But please, continue to overlook them. :thumb:

We will stop overlooking them when they actually win something. If they make it to the Murphy center all they will bring is a good crowd. The first night anyway !!!

Class AAA bball in West Tennessee is just like Class 6A and 3A in Football...you know that the state champion will come from one of these regions each year. It is what it is. Ocasionally, you will have an upset, but the majority of years a team from Memphis will win Class AAA in bball and Maryville/Alcoa will win the State Championship in Football. The reasons are simple....better athletes and better coaching. When you add that mixture to High School athletics, you are going to win the majority of the time.

As big as a Bearden homer as I am, I just don't see them matching up well with the size athletisim of any teams out West this year. I hope that they prove me wrong. They are playing very good bball and anything is possible.

Good luck to all teams this week as their Region Tournaments wrap up

Oh you neanderthals...keep beating your chests. Believe it or not, good basketball is played outside of Memphis. You should look beyond Elvis-ville every now and then.

I have looked outside of Elvis-ville all year. I live just outside of the Boro and work in the Boro almost everyday and I firmly believe that good basketball is indeed played outside of Memphis. I have listened to Siegel people tell me how good they are for years. While I do believe that they have had some pretty decent talent over the years I have never felt that they EVER had a chance to win it all. I can say that because my job also takes me to Memphis and while I am there during basketball season I will attend the best High School game I can find. This year I have seen Melrose, White Station, Central, Ridgeway, Whitehaven and Southwind. I have seen Siegel play 4 times this year. It is my opinion that they not only do not have the talent to win, they are not coached well enough to win.

Just my opinion and its not because I am not looking at it through my Elvis shades. I'm in the same county as you HOMIE !!!

Class AAA bball in West Tennessee is just like Class 6A and 3A in Football...you know that the state champion will come from one of these regions each year. It is what it is. Ocasionally, you will have an upset, but the majority of years a team from Memphis will win Class AAA in bball and Maryville/Alcoa will win the State Championship in Football. The reasons are simple....better athletes and better coaching. When you add that mixture to High School athletics, you are going to win the majority of the time.

As big as a Bearden homer as I am, I just don't see them matching up well with the size athletisim of any teams out West this year. I hope that they prove me wrong. They are playing very good bball and anything is possible.

Good luck to all teams this week as their Region Tournaments wrap up

I think your wrong about the coaching .Some of your best coaching comes from the coaches that get to state with less.

I will say Coach Henning from Ridgeway is one of the best coaches in the state.

I would say on balance it's not really that difficult to make it to State in AAA from Middle and East TN simply because it's really not that many high end next level AAA teams from those parts of the State, what is it maybe on a good year one or two from both Middle and East. Much more of a cake walk than the West end of the state. Not saying teams aren't good just saying not many of those next level type teams and if you are one you just cruise through district, region and substate...and then reality sets in when they have to go up against teams from the West, teams that are the NEXT NEXT LEVEL CREAM OF THE CROP type teams.

So in reality it's not great coaching like some might think...not saying teams aren't coached well but to say getting there from Middle and East with less is not entirely accurate because the path is not really that hard.

Edited by yankees8589

"It is my opinion that they not only do not have the talent to win, they are not coached well enough to win."

Well, good thing your opinion really doesn't matter because Siegel is 30 - 2 this season. They have won 17 straight...went undefeated through their district and the district tourney. So looks like they are doing something right TO WIN...HOMIE