AAA State Tournament

dirtydawg15

WE SHALL SEE ..GOING BE DIFFICULT FOR W/S TO WIN STATE

I know that everyone has a chance to win it all, but White Station has been playing some great basketball this year! Andre Hollins has it clicking on all cylinders right now! They have a very good front line! And with Melrose out of the tournament, which I believed would have stepped up their game and won State (I was wrong on that!), White Station has to be the front runner to win State.

What is the rule for the draw? I know that Bearden and Knox West can't be on the same side because they are from the same region. Same thing with West Creek and Clarksville. Are there any restrictions placed on Craigmont and White Station or McMinn Co. and Siegel? They aren't from the same region, but their regions are matched up for sectional games.

What is the rule for the draw? I know that Bearden and Knox West can't be on the same side because they are from the same region. Same thing with West Creek and Clarksville. Are there any restrictions placed on Craigmont and White Station or McMinn Co. and Siegel? They aren't from the same region, but their regions are matched up for sectional games.

Ok, I have always read these threads but decided to join to try and get some input or feedback on the AAA teams.

Who do you all think is the favorite to win the Gold Ball?

I have not seen any of the West or East Tenn teams but have seen Siegel and Clarksville. I do keep up with the teams and their records and who they are playing and although that is definately not an exact science I will go out on a limb and say that my favorite would have to be White Station. Reason being that they have a very good guard and athletic big guys and they have been battle tested. Siegel appears to have the talent to win but I wonder how they will respond when the going gets tough.

Someone give me a thorough breakdown of the teams that you know and have seen and give your picks.

Congrats to all who have made it. I look forward to seeing some good basketball next week.

Don't know if anyone here has noticed but Bearden is up to 49 in the country

I saw that this morning. Ranked #49 in the ESPN RISE High School Basketball Rankings. Prety impressive. That ranking will only rise if they are able to capture the AAA State Title.

I will be very intrested to see the matchups come out tommorow. Should be some intresting matchups in the BORO next week.

Also, please keep your thoughts and prayers with the West High School Bball family. Their head coach, Chris Kessler is currently in a local Knoxville Hospital. He is currently in the ICU. Possible minor stroke.

I saw that this morning. Ranked #49 in the ESPN RISE High School Basketball Rankings. Prety impressive. That ranking will only rise if they are able to capture the AAA State Title.

I will be very intrested to see the matchups come out tommorow. Should be some intresting matchups in the BORO next week.

Also, please keep your thoughts and prayers with the West High School Bball family. Their head coach, Chris Kessler is currently in a local Knoxville Hospital. He is currently in the ICU. Possible minor stroke.

The William Blount Basketball family will have coach kes in our prayers. Coach Kesler does an unbelievable job with the kids from West on and off the court.Get well soon.

Good luck to both Bearden and West next week. Maryville did it in 2007,bring the gold ball back to our district!!!

Well put REBELRON...no one should be overlooked. If you do take someone lightly this close to state, dumb move.

Siegel played John Overton in January and won but they are a good team. Happy to see them doing so well. Not sure how far they would get in State but I wish them all the luck.

Good luck to Siegel tonight at home against Cleveland! :thumb:

The difference is that we the fans can take whoever we want to lightly. You can only hope that the other teams would take Siegel lightly but the coaches would never let their teams do that so don't get your hopes up.

Who knows what is going to happen today with the draw but one thing is for certain. The Stars will be playing much stronger competition than they are use to while others have been playing strong competition all season.

Can't wait till next week.