A state champs

5510 statement about Waverly is true they do recruit players and they have talked to the waverly boys on coming down to CA and playing for them. If I'm not correct Malcolm himself came and was talking to some Highschool kids at Waverly to play there. I know for a fact the do recruit.

5510 statement about Waverly is true they do recruit players and they have talked to the waverly boys on coming down to CA and playing for them. If I'm not correct Malcolm himself came and was talking to some Highschool kids at Waverly to play there. I know for a fact the do recruit.

I know for a fact that there is not any recruiting going on at CA! This mess has gotten out of control because some sore loser can't accept the fact that CA has dominated McEwen for the past three years. Now, as for the recruiting comment "if I'm not correct" why even put that kids name out there like he's on a secret recruiting mission for CA.... Bozo, get it right! They are kids they talk, and yes if it came up ultimately it's the parents who decides if that kid attends CA... If they can pass the test. GET THE CORRECT FACTS .

CA talk to the waverly students and parents of the two points of Waverly Jr. High yes they did! I don't care what you say I had multiple people give me this information they might not go but they did talk to them into coming to CA to play. And this has nothing to do with McEwen at all. McEwen will be the team to beat next year not CA. White House Hertiage will come in second then Nashville Christian CA might be lucky to pull off 4th if they could manage to beat East Robinson. And if it is a lie then they better get to recruiting or they could come in last!

Edited by follower93

aqua you are right to a point on CSAS, they are a magnet school that students apply to get into. I remember when they opened and had Porter Roberts, Carlos Clark and George Hudgins playing for them. They are not your typical public school even though they are considered public. They are selective in who they accept. That really doesn't matter just thought I'd rib you guys in Chatt a bit about those privates. I used to live that way so I appreciate the great bball played in chatt at all levels. I remember the Malcolm Mackey, Jay Price Brainerd teams as well as Johnny Taylor, Larry Penn Howard teams. We could name great players from Lightfoot, High, CJ Black and so on all day. Being out west now I know how good bball is here as well.

IThere were some great teams back in the 90's in Chattanooga. You are right about those 91 and 92 teams at CSAS. They were pretty loaded. Of course Brainerd and Howard were always incredible. Watching CJ Black vs Moses Lindsey was a sight to see. And, you are right about CSAS being selective in the early years. When the school first opened they were able to choose their students although the selection had nothing to do with athletics. Starting in the mid-90's the school system put a stop to that process and set it up as first come first serve. There is an advantage though in that being a magnet school, you can come from all over the county as long as you are in early enough. I credit CSAS success to the program that Dragoo has in place. I don't think he gets enough credit for what he has done there.

I have been reading this thread and would like to add my 2 cents worth. YES CA recruits. They recruited the Smith brothers when they were in the 7th grade. It is one of the worst kept secrets in 10a. I personally have talked to people who worked at CA in the athletic dept when the twins came. I didnt know about the Waverly boys, but I am not surprised. Being a private school they can work around the system, example.... offering jobs to parents in their school. They have always gotten away with it, its highly unfair to public school teams, but no one has or is going to do anything about it. Apparantly TSSAA turns a blind eye. But truth is truth, and all of you CA fans know it.

I have been reading this thread and would like to add my 2 cents worth. YES CA recruits. They recruited the Smith brothers when they were in the 7th grade. It is one of the worst kept secrets in 10a. I personally have talked to people who worked at CA in the athletic dept when the twins came. I didnt know about the Waverly boys, but I am not surprised. Being a private school they can work around the system, example.... offering jobs to parents in their school. They have always gotten away with it, its highly unfair to public school teams, but no one has or is going to do anything about it. Apparantly TSSAA turns a blind eye. But truth is truth, and all of you CA fans know it.

Thank you somebody that actually knows what there talking about! CA recruits and you everybody that is a CA fan will just half to get over it! I honestly wouldn't be shock if the two PG from Waverly came to CA. I honestly would love to hear what all of the CA fans would say then! Something like this oh we didn't recruit them they just came up to see the school and they like it so they stayed and just happened to be good at basketball! I find all the fans of CA HILARIOUS!

Edited by follower93

Your 2 cents makes no sense and you need to stop entertaining this nonsense. The bottom line is if you really need to know go ask the administration or parents if they were recruited Or if you have the moral courage name the people who you personally talked to about this alleged recruiting of the twins.

Your 2 cents makes no sense and you need to stop entertaining this nonsense. The bottom line is if you really need to know go ask the administration or parents if they were recruited Or if you have the moral courage name the people who you personally talked to about this alleged recruiting of the twins.

The admistration would hide it because it would make them look bad and the parents wouldn't admit it if you were to ask all day. I wish that somebody Clarksville Academy would just come out with it and say that they recruited the smith brothers. That would make my day. Genuff you should honestly learn your information as Clarksville Academy does recruit players everybody knows it and like he said its the worst keep secret in 10a district.

The admistration would hide it because it would make them look bad and the parents wouldn't admit it if you were to ask all day. I wish that somebody Clarksville Academy would just come out with it and say that they recruited the smith brothers. That would make my day. Genuff you should honestly learn your information as Clarksville Academy does recruit players everybody knows it and like he said its the worst keep secret in 10a district.

It seems there is some confusion here over the term "recruit".

The two definitions that are most appropriate here as found on dictionary.com:

10. to attempt to enroll or enlist (a member, affiliate, student, or the like): a campaign to recruit new club members.

11. to seek to enroll (an athlete) at a school or college, often with an offer of an athletic scholarship. [/i]

Of course ALL private schools recruit students like the first definition, but not all recruit like the second. Some offer scholarships and financial aid (Div 2), and some do not (Div 1)

A private school must actively seek qualified and interested students to replace those who graduate, and to grow. EVERYBODY is zoned for a public school, and can attend for FREE already - what a huge advantage for public! Private schools have to promote themselves and advertise, and show students value so their parents will pay. CA has billboards all over town, and most everyone I know has said they received a mailer from CA in the past month. CA also has kids from surrounding towns enrolled; some play sports, some don't. Some are stars, some are starters, some sit the bench. Kids whose parents believe that a private school offers something better than they could get at their public school enroll. Those who are happy where they are don't - they stay in public school for free.

And private schools around here have certainly not dominated athletics either. In fact, for most it is a struggle for them to keep up with their much larger public counterparts.

Some people love the public school they are in, some people don't. For those that don't, private schools offer an alternative. From what I see here in Clarksville, CA is out in the marketplace promoting its school, and seeking students who meet the criteria. CA is no rogue athletic factory. Far from it.

It seems there is some confusion here over the term "recruit".

The two definitions that are most appropriate here as found on dictionary.com:

10. to attempt to enroll or enlist (a member, affiliate, student, or the like): a campaign to recruit new club members.

11. to seek to enroll (an athlete) at a school or college, often with an offer of an athletic scholarship. [/i]

Of course ALL private schools recruit students like the first definition, but not all recruit like the second. Some offer scholarships and financial aid (Div 2), and some do not (Div 1)

A private school must actively seek qualified and interested students to replace those who graduate, and to grow. EVERYBODY is zoned for a public school, and can attend for FREE already - what a huge advantage for public! Private schools have to promote themselves and advertise, and show students value so their parents will pay. CA has billboards all over town, and most everyone I know has said they received a mailer from CA in the past month. CA also has kids from surrounding towns enrolled; some play sports, some don't. Some are stars, some are starters, some sit the bench. Kids whose parents believe that a private school offers something better than they could get at their public school enroll. Those who are happy where they are don't - they stay in public school for free.

And private schools around here have certainly not dominated athletics either. In fact, for most it is a struggle for them to keep up with their much larger public counterparts.

Some people love the public school they are in, some people don't. For those that don't, private schools offer an alternative. From what I see here in Clarksville, CA is out in the marketplace promoting its school, and seeking students who meet the criteria. CA is no rogue athletic factory. Far from it.

Agreed, but they do use sports as a advertising which brings them more people and better athletes to there school... And honestly do you believe that CA does not recruit underneath the table trying to get something going. Let's take a look back 5 years ok CA had around 200 students could barely have a football team and there basketball team was terrible. Now let's take a look now. Average student body 300 to 310 that's over 100 students more just in 5 years. Half of which play sports! They used sports like basketball to get peoples attention. So stop coming with random stuff and use the dictonary for something that use which makes no sense....

Agreed, but they do use sports as a advertising which brings them more people and better athletes to there school... And honestly do you believe that CA does not recruit underneath the table trying to get something going. Let's take a look back 5 years ok CA had around 200 students could barely have a football team and there basketball team was terrible. Now let's take a look now. Average student body 300 to 310 that's over 100 students more just in 5 years. Half of which play sports! They used sports like basketball to get peoples attention. So stop coming with random stuff and use the dictonary for something that use which makes no sense....

Your information is a bit off, but certainly CA has grown over the past few years, due primarily to a new head of school who runs the school well and promotes it, and a rapidly growing community. As for sports bringing students - success begets success. And with that, I will "stop coming with random stuff and use the dictonary for something that use which makes no sense".

Edited by monoptn