A state champs

I agree, is 5510 ever happy with any refs? Who do you want to ref? Lets's make him happy. He has complained about every game and their refs, unless they went his/her way!!! Oh I forgot, he is the expert at basketball, why isn't he the coach at Duke then!!!

5510 you complain about the refs more than anyone I've ever seen. Grow up.

MY OPINION

You have 3-4 teams with a legit chance

CLARKSVILLE ACADEMY

CSAS

HAMPTON

HUMBOLDT

If it is anyone other than CA or CSAS, I personally will be shocked. That said, I also feel that whoever the second team to come from the 5A/6A sectional can give anyone fits as long as they avoid CA and CSAS until the semis or finals. Once you get to that point, anything can happen--the Smith boys can get in foul trouble and have to sit--Ii have seen stranger things. That said, I stand by my statement that if it is anyone other than CA or CSAS I am going to be shocked.

I am going to say that CA and CSAS are the favorites going in but whoever comes out of the West has a good chance of advancing to the finals to face those 2 if they are playing ball. Westwood, Lake Co., Humboldt and Middleton are all about equal in my opinion. Lake County has beaten Humboldt(district champ. game) and has lost to them twice by 3 and 6 points, they also have beaten Middleton(the Tigers only loss) at their place in double OT. The Falcons also have a victory over a highly regarded Perry Co. as well. The only teams in Single A to defeat LC are Union City, Humboldt and Perry Co. Humboldt has beaten LC two times as well as going undefeated in always tough District 14-A during the regular season.Westwood(who I have not seen in person but was told by someone who has) is very athletic and would be considered neck and neck with Middleton. Two of these four will be in the boro and will be a tough match-up for their opponent.

I agree, is 5510 ever happy with any refs? Who do you want to ref? Lets's make him happy. He has complained about every game and their refs, unless they went his/her way!!! Oh I forgot, he is the expert at basketball, why isn't he the coach at Duke then!!!

If you have ever watched CA play you would know that the refs cater to them. I am not the only one who has made that comment. If you have not watched them play then you have no idea and need to shut your mouth. I stated in another post earlier that CA is very good and has earned there wins but they refs do tend to favor them in the games i have watched them play maybe being defending state champs and having Mr. Basketball on the team has something to do with it.

i am just stating the facts. If you dont like it sorry. Im guessing you have never seen them play or you would know what i am talking about. I never said the refs are the reason they have won all there games they have earned the wins and will more than likely win it all this year but if there is a team that can play close with them and there are some close calls that could go either way you better know that they will go CA's way. Like it or not that is just the way it is.

Memphis Westwood, Middleton, Lake Co., and Humboldt all have a chance of winning state...if...IF...they make it to the state. These 4 will probably be mixing it up during sub state action...only 2 can move on to state tourney. The 2 that emerge will have a good shot at winning it all.

BUT, Clarksville Academy has to be the favorite.....

Let's throw in some statistics to this accusation against 5510.

I have just read 20 of 5510's more recent posts. Out of the 20, 5510 has complained about the officiating in 13 of the 20 posts. In particular, 5510 has complained about the refs calling CA games in 12 of the 20. This means that 5510 complains about referees 65% of the time, and in particular, about officiating over CA games 60% of the time.

Let the stats speak for themselves.

Edited by Ms Hyde

Let's be honest. I doubt that any of us have seen all of the teams that are going to be in the State Tournament. I'm a CSAS fan and think they have as good of a chance as anybody, but I know almost nothing about the west TN teams. I know about Clarksville because I saw them play in the tournament last year and they are obviously good because of who they returned. I know that CSAS played them fairly close and returned everyone as well. But, ultimately none of us can fairly state on who the best team is. That said, every year fans from West TN automatically think their teams are going to run through the tournament and that is usually the case except in Single A. Chattanooga has always represented the State very well, with Temple, Grace and Arts. Even still, I ultimately have no idea how good these other teams are going to be.

Let's be honest. I doubt that any of us have seen all of the teams that are going to be in the State Tournament. I'm a CSAS fan and think they have as good of a chance as anybody, but I know almost nothing about the west TN teams. I know about Clarksville because I saw them play in the tournament last year and they are obviously good because of who they returned. I know that CSAS played them fairly close and returned everyone as well. But, ultimately none of us can fairly state on who the best team is. That said, every year fans from West TN automatically think their teams are going to run through the tournament and that is usually the case except in Single A. Chattanooga has always represented the State very well, with Temple, Grace and Arts. Even still, I ultimately have no idea how good these other teams are going to be.

West tenn does generally produce better teams from top to bottom in the district when compared to mid and east districts... This is true for all classes... A, AA, and AAA

You also failed to include CCS from the chatt area, who won the title 01-02... that was the j. howerlda days...

If you have ever watched CA play you would know that the refs cater to them. I am not the only one who has made that comment. If you have not watched them play then you have no idea and need to shut your mouth. I stated in another post earlier that CA is very good and has earned there wins but they refs do tend to favor them in the games i have watched them play maybe being defending state champs and having Mr. Basketball on the team has something to do with it.

You are mistaken, did you really think that I or anyone else would make a statement like that if I hadn't seen them play? Do you really believe that refs that come from different parts of the state favor one team? That doesn't make any sense and it is an insult to the refs. They do the best they can, and yes for your information, I have seen many games that CA has played and probably many more than you. That is a fact and they take just as much heat from the refs as anyone else. I doubt having Mr. Basketball has anything to do with the refs either.

aqua777, you are right that no one has seen every team or knows how good each is but west tn does produce strong basketball as well as Chattanooga. I did a little research for everyone to give us some comparison. Since 2001(as far back as I went) West TN has had 4 Single A state champs Middleton(05), Union City(06), Union City(08) and Manassas(09). Chattanooga has 4 state champs as well CCS(01), Temple(02), Temple(03) and Temple(07). The other winners are Unaka(04)and CA last year. In the runner-up category the west has 3; Greenfield(03), Trenton-Peobody(05) and Manassas(08) while Chattanooga has 4 runner-ups; Grace(06), CSAS(07),Temple(09) and Grace last year. During this time period there have been 2 All-West TN finals with Middleton/Peabody(05) and Union City/Manassas(08) and 1 All Chattanooga Final with Temple/CSAS(07). Also Chattanooga championships are held by only 2 teams (Temple/CCS) during this time while west tn has had 3 different titlest Union City, Middleton and Manassas. Chattanooga has had 4 teams appear in the title game(Temple,Grace, CCS and CSAS) none of which are a public school, just saying :D , while the west has had 5 different teams, no private schools :thumb: , during that time.So looking at the last 10 years it has been almost even. Though if you go on the last 6 years you have west tn holding the advantage with 4 titles to 1 with a 2-0 head to head advantage in the finals for west tn over Chatt teams. Just some numbers to look over but right now almost a dead heat between Chattanooga area and West TN for Single A bragging rights.

Let's throw in some statistics to this accusation against 5510.

I have just read 20 of 5510's more recent posts. Out of the 20, 5510 has complained about the officiating in 13 of the 20 posts. In particular, 5510 has complained about the refs calling CA games in 12 of the 20. This means that 5510 complains about referees 65% of the time, and in particular, about officiating over CA games 60% of the time.

Let the stats speak for themselves.

You know its true but you would not admit it because you are from CA. By the way you guys are doing a nice job of recruiting up there since you are so good at stats what percent of those players are recruits.