Top teams in 5A in 2011

RedSwarm10

Ooltewah has a sissy schedule.

The defense should be very good(if everybody stays healthy and kids dont quit).

Owls have 25+ seniors returning,so with a sissy schedule and so many starters returning......Ooltewah BETTER WIN!!!! NO EXCUSES...

Last years excuse was "we are young","we are inexperinced etc.."....so bottom line:OWLS BETTER WIN?

Edited by bipbopzot

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bbz,

Why does Ooltewah's schedule is sissy? The only other AAA teams close are in Knoxville/Maryville or Middle Tennessee and why go 1.5 hours away to play games week end and week out plus won't bring anyone? Blame Hamilton County Department of Education on this one with their high school on every corner policy.

bbz,

Why does Ooltewah's schedule is sissy? The only other AAA teams close are in Knoxville/Maryville or Middle Tennessee and why go 1.5 hours away to play games week end and week out plus won't bring anyone? Blame Hamilton County Department of Education on this one with their high school on every corner policy.

Brainerd,East Ridge and Siegel...WOW,What powerhouses!!!! they should really get Ooltewah ready for the playoffs.Boy Brainerd really packs the house. :roflol: Glad,owls didnt schedule Maryville.Alcoa,they never bring anybody? :shock:

Brainerd,East Ridge and Siegel...WOW,What powerhouses!!!! they should really get Ooltewah ready for the playoffs.Boy Brainerd really packs the house. :roflol: Glad,owls didnt schedule Maryville.Alcoa,they never bring anybody? :shock:

What other Chattanooga teams scheduled Maryville / Alcoa ? Ooltewah still has to play all district games {Soddy Daisy, Mcminn Co., Cleveland, Bradley Co., Walker Valley }. Pretty good teams right? Brainerd and East Ridge would both bring more fans than Maplewood and Austin East right?

I do not think Ooltewahs phone was burning down with teams wanting to play them either.

What other Chattanooga teams scheduled Maryville / Alcoa ? Ooltewah still has to play all district games {Soddy Daisy, Mcminn Co., Cleveland, Bradley Co., Walker Valley }. Pretty good teams right? Brainerd and East Ridge would both bring more fans than Maplewood and Austin East right?

I do not think Ooltewahs phone was burning down with teams wanting to play them either.

First of all,Maryville,Alcoa did call wanting to play and others.,.but owls declined(cleveland will play them)Your are crazy,if you think Brainerd and east ridge will bring more than maplewood or A-E(it will about the same,except brainerd will bring nobody).2nd everybody is missing the point,these games(big name teams) help owls football!!packed house on friday means big dollars for a field house etc and fans love big games week in and week out.Brings more spotlight to Ooltewah through local paers,news channels not mention STATE WIDE...so playing weaker teams helps in the win column(AND THATS GOOD),but in the long run,Owls need to win a state title,owls drop down a class,playing big teams help. I want owls to win,just looking at the BIG picture.

First of all,Maryville,Alcoa did call wanting to play and others.,.but owls declined(cleveland will play them)Your are crazy,if you think Brainerd and east ridge will bring more than maplewood or A-E(it will about the same,except brainerd will bring nobody).2nd everybody is missing the point,these games(big name teams) help owls football!!packed house on friday means big dollars for a field house etc and fans love big games week in and week out.Brings more spotlight to Ooltewah through local paers,news channels not mention STATE WIDE...so playing weaker teams helps in the win column(AND THATS GOOD),but in the long run,Owls need to win a state title,owls drop down a class,playing big teams help. I want owls to win,just looking at the BIG picture.

I agree about the gate, and I also think the East Hamilton game will bring in possibly 8000 fans.I also agree brainerd will not bring many ,but Tyner wanted to play late in the season. Owls got burnt last year traveling so often and long distances. Coaches did not want to travel nearly that much this year. I have always wanted Owls to play Baylor,or Mccallie it just has not happened. Love the comment on the state title.

• 4 weeks later...

Columbia lost their outstanding linebacker/running back Tra'Darius Goff, along with a pair of great linemen in Kenneth Hughes and Shaquille Mason. However, the Lions return a lot of talent led by Chris Harris, Chris Martin, and their quarterback Markham.

District 8-AAA and 9-AAA have been supreme the first two seasons of the new Class 5A and don't be surprised if that holds true again. Tullahoma will be very good with a senior, three-year starting QB and a lot of speed and talent at the skill positions.

Beech, Gallatin, and Hendersonville will all be good, Henry County and North Side will compete. Mitchell dropping down to 4A leaves a little gap in Memphis but Ridgeway will be very good again. Anderson County is a team to watch along with Knoxville West in the East.

Beech lost Haymer, Neal, Zinchini, and a few big guys. They will probably make the playoffs because Crabtree is a good coach, but I expect them to revert to the wing-t this year again without Haymer in the backfield. Hendersonville lost Townsend and several other key players, and I'm not sure they get past week 10. I think Station Camp will push for a playoff spot this year too in 9AAA. Totally agree about Tullahoma btw. That one WR they have is unreal.

• 2 weeks later...

Beech lost Haymer, Neal, Zinchini, and a few big guys. They will probably make the playoffs because Crabtree is a good coach, but I expect them to revert to the wing-t this year again without Haymer in the backfield. Hendersonville lost Townsend and several other key players, and I'm not sure they get past week 10. I think Station Camp will push for a playoff spot this year too in 9AAA. Totally agree about Tullahoma btw. That one WR they have is unreal.

I agree with your assessment of 9AAA. I actually think Gallatin could take the district crown.

Owls drop down to 5-a this year....

Are you sure about this? I hadn't heard this. Henry County will be the team to beat in 5A. They should win it all. Their toughest game will be Liberty in their first game, and they should win. Much is being made of their game with Beech, but Beech will be nothing like they have been, so it will be an easy victory for Henry.

I truly believe Ridgeway will be on a mission this season. They lost some players but Coach Sutton is really building a program out in East Memphis! With Jaylen Walton coming back I think Ridgeway will be in the thick of things in 5A.

If you have seen any of my comments on the "BEST QB's in TENN" thread then you would know I'm a HUGE FAN of William Gross from Melrose . With that young man at the helm and a much needed coaching change I think Melrose will be making some noise in the 5A playoffs this season. They have the BEST QB in the STATE IMHO and that's worth at least 7-8 wins by itself.

I'm sure a lot of you guys have not heard about Brian Kimbrow. Go check out RIVALS, you'll find out something about the Memphis East High product. Because of him I see East sneaking up on some folks in 5A. With the departure of Mitchell from our District (16 AAA), the Mustangs may find a way in the 5A playoffs and I assure you if this happens Kimbrow alone could carry his team to the Quarterfinals!

I think the 5A State champ will be coming from the Shelby Metro Area :popcorneater:

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Are you sure about this? I hadn't heard this. Henry County will be the team to beat in 5A. They should win it all. Their toughest game will be Liberty in their first game, and they should win. Much is being made of their game with Beech, but Beech will be nothing like they have been, so it will be an easy victory for Henry.

Yes...absolutely positive!! :thumb:

Are you sure about this? I hadn't heard this. Henry County COULD be the team to beat in 5A. They CAN win it all. Their toughest game will PROBABLY be Liberty in their first game, and they should win. Much is being made of their game with Beech, but Beech WILL PROBABLY TAKE A STEP BACK, so it MIGHT be an easy victory for Henry.

Fixed your post. Don't talk us up like that. You'll only jinx us. :thumb: