District 13AA end of season

burgman

At the beginning of the season I gave my predictions on how things would finish, and I believe I got the top 4 right. (Tournament Results) If I remember right I said Westview, Haywood, Covington, and then Dyersburg. GCpioneer your right (like most of the time) you said that nobody in this district would make it out of region and its already true. You know your basketball and I applaud you for that. With that said Covington Westview and Haywood under acheived in my opinion. Dyersburg beat Jackson Southside on a neutral court if Im right so I believe that Haywood should have handled business there. Fayette Ware is a really good team with a lot of athletes but if Covington really thought they were the #2 team in the state they would have taken care of business, and Westview drew a hard match-up in Bolivar but I really believed that they could and would handle business at home with Jacob Lloyd controlling the team. Dyersburg might have shocked some people by making it to region this year but I am proud to be a trojan after watching them fight and fight against Crockett, Westview, Covington, and Liberty this tournament season. They thought they were going to win every game they played and thats how it should be. Before the Liberty game I talked to a few players and parents and in their mind there was no reason to think they were going to lose. Im going to miss watching all those seniors but next year will be fun even though it is going to be a rebuilding year. To get back on track 13AA you can say is not as good as 14AA but in my opinion those top 3 teams under acheived and could easily be playing to get in the region championship. I look forward to the state tournament and great basketball! And again GCpioneer kudos to you, you have a lot of knowledge in basketball and in west tn sports!

LOL, I appreciate it man. 14AA is usually stacked every year. I know 13AA would be competitive within the district, but in all reality, we don't compare to 14AA as it's one of the best AA districts in the state. Bolivar and Liberty, enough said. Jackson SS and Fayette Ware just make it that much better.

LOL, I appreciate it man. 14AA is usually stacked every year. I know 13AA would be competitive within the district, but in all reality, we don't compare to 14AA as it's one of the best AA districts in the state. Bolivar and Liberty, enough said. Jackson SS and Fayette Ware just make it that much better.

That is true that 14AA is one of the best districts in the state but did you really think that region would turn out like this when you saw the results from district tournaments. I really thought that Haywood would for sure pull out a "W" and had faith in Covington and especially Westview at home with a "rebuilding" Bolivar club. I used the word rebuilding not because Bolivar is rebuilding like most teams seem to do every few years, but by the Bolivar standard this was a rebuilding year. With that said after all the top players from this district gone next year 13AA is going to have another tough year competing with 14AA.

If only Dyer County could have had 50 less kids and stayed in 13AA. That would have made things much more interesting last year, this year and next year. There would be some great games in the District and Region. DC and Liberty have a little history. DC vs Dyersburg rivalry would be great! Being moved up may have cost them a chance at one or two State championships in men's basketball?

If only Dyer County could have had 50 less kids and stayed in 13AA. That would have made things much more interesting last year, this year and next year. There would be some great games in the District and Region. DC and Liberty have a little history. DC vs Dyersburg rivalry would be great! Being moved up may have cost them a chance at one or two State championships in men's basketball?

ExActly

You're right but by allowing students to come to dyer Co that live in other counties,they are the ones that allowed this to happen.I know of about 10 kids that still live in Lake Co and attend Dyer Co.You take away all the kids that live in Lake Co.,Crockett co.,Obion co.,Lauderdale Co and they would more than likely still be playing down.So Dyer co has no one to blame as far as moving up but themselves.As for the State Championships..Dyer Co has cost other schools a chance at State championships and now have some teams that won't schedule them.Don't think you saw Crockett Co.,Obion Central and Gibson Co and teams that they had played previously on their schedule.Don't believe these teams will play them anymore unless forced to by Dyer Co being able to move back down.Dyer Co use to play all these teams that are close to home and with gas prices the way they are,the fans are suffering by having to drive to Brighton,McNairy Cen.etc..Also use to play a couple of the smaller schools like Halls and Lake Co in some sports.Would be a close game and money game for Dyer Co but again,that will never happen either .Dyer co has made it hard on their sports programs and their fans are are going to have to play teams from their bigger district now and find other games like Liberty,Bolivar because the teams from this area aren't going to play them.

Edited by mrbigster

You're right but by allowing students to come to dyer Co that live in other counties,they are the ones that allowed this to happen.I know of about 10 kids that still live in Lake Co and attend Dyer Co.You take away all the kids that live in Lake Co.,Crockett co.,Obion co.,Lauderdale Co and they would more than likely still be playing down.So Dyer co has no one to blame as far as moving up but themselves.As for the State Championships..Dyer Co has cost other schools a chance at State championships and now have some teams that won't schedule them.Don't think you saw Crockett Co.,Obion Central and Gibson Co and teams that they had played previously on their schedule.Don't believe these teams will play them anymore unless forced to by Dyer Co being able to move back down.Dyer Co use to play all these teams that are close to home and with gas prices the way they are,the fans are suffering by having to drive to Brighton,McNairy Cen.etc..Also use to play a couple of the smaller schools like Halls and Lake Co in some sports.Would be a close game and money game for Dyer Co but again,that will never happen either .Dyer co has made it hard on their sports programs and their fans are are going to have to play teams from their bigger district now and find other games like Liberty,Bolivar because the teams from this area aren't going to play them.

I see your point bigster, but you have to look at it like this because Dyer Co. moved up they have to play teams in the district being Brighton and Munford. And people on here say that Dyer Co. has a weak schedule in which they do play a weak schedule compared to other teams in AAA, but adding teams close to Dyer Co. like the Halls, Lake Co. (very good team for Single A), Crockett Co., Obion Central, and Gibson Co. definitely won't better their schedule it would just make it worse. So to get better for a run a the State Title Dyer Co. would need to schedule more teams or at least play in more tournaments out of state or in MEMPHIS (the cream of the crop in Tennessee AAA Boy's Basketball) not playing teams like the Crockett Co. or Gibson Co. just because it's cheaper on everyone.

I see your point bigster, but you have to look at it like this because Dyer Co. moved up they have to play teams in the district being Brighton and Munford. And people on here say that Dyer Co. has a weak schedule in which they do play a weak schedule compared to other teams in AAA, but adding teams close to Dyer Co. like the Halls, Lake Co. (very good team for Single A), Crockett Co., Obion Central, and Gibson Co. definitely won't better their schedule it would just make it worse. So to get better for a run a the State Title Dyer Co. would need to schedule more teams or at least play in more tournaments out of state or in MEMPHIS (the cream of the crop in Tennessee AAA Boy's Basketball) not playing teams like the Crockett Co. or Gibson Co. just because it's cheaper on everyone.

I agree..Dyer Co isn't going to better themselves by playing those teams but at the same time,Dyer Co may not be as strong as they are now.Who knows 3 years from now when Hubb is gone.Not saying they are recruiting.Just saying that Dyer Co could probably be under if they didn't allow all the students from other counties and then they would be playing Crockett Co.,Gibson Co,Obion Cen and have a better chance at going and winning the Stste.As it is now like you said are having to drive to Brighton and farter places just for district games.And the teams mentioned aren't going to put dyer Co on the schedule to get massacred.Dyer Co has elected to go the route of allowing the students to come from other counties ,thus being a bigger school.But that also has a price as to farther travel,hard on students and fans,harder to make it to State and winning the stste and basically can't get teams closer to even play Dyer Co now. I personally think they would be better off without those students and then be playing dyersburg,Central,Gibson Co etc.Have a lot better chance to win and closer for every one.But of course that would also mean not having some of the talent they are getting from surrounding areas.That's the key.So..in that case..Dyer Co has no alternative but to play up and having nobody close willing to play.

Edited by mrbigster

13AA is one of the weakest districts in the state...That couldn't be said a few years ago...Covington is a decent team but in no way should have been ranked at #2 in the state...

and that would mean Dyer Co winning the district and probably the region and a better chance at a Gold Ball..And lot closer teams to play and travel.I could bet if you had a poll with the Dyer co fans and asked if they would rather play in the district they are in now and play Brighton,McNairy Cen.,etc and stay up or drop 50 students and play Dyersburg,Obion Cen.,Gibson co..over 75 percent would want to play Dyersbutg,Centraal etc..Maybe a higher percentage with the travel involved and the gas prices.And again..Dyer Co is a monster now but may not be anything near as good in 4 years.A lot of people may start keeping theirs kids where they are zoned in their own counties.

and that would mean Dyer Co winning the district and probably the region and a better chance at a Gold Ball..And lot closer teams to play and travel.I could bet if you had a poll with the Dyer co fans and asked if they would rather play in the district they are in now and play Brighton,McNairy Cen.,etc and stay up or drop 50 students and play Dyersburg,Obion Cen.,Gibson co..over 75 percent would want to play Dyersbutg,Centraal etc..Maybe a higher percentage with the travel involved and the gas prices.And again..Dyer Co is a monster now but may not be anything near as good in 4 years.A lot of people may start keeping theirs kids where they are zoned in their own counties.

They would have a much better shot at winning state in AA than AAA...