McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

jwcardin

Please accept my apology for offending you. I didn't realize that I was dealing with a senile old man. :lol:

Now you guys have done it. Picking on senile old men.

No area in the state is better defence played in all classes than in the UpperCumberland.

I have my doubts that McMinn Cent. could overcome Jackson Co's defence.

:flower:

LA by 6 with one min. to go. :ph34r:

Edited by jimbo44

Can anyone tell me the series record between McMinn Central and Livingston? District 5 was weaker than past years but Central has played a tough non-district schedule including Bradley, Knox Webb, Maryville to name a few. I have seen two of the last three games and the Chargerettes have played some of their best ball all season. How effective Centrals press is and if Livingston can dictate game tempo will be the keys to the game IMO. Should be a heck of a game.

Now you guys have done it. Picking on senile old men.

No area in the state is better defence played in all classes than in the UpperCumberland.

I have my doubts that McMinn Cent. could overcome Jackson Co's defence.

:flower:

LA by 6 with one min. to go. :ph34r:

I noticed both you and Rabbit spell defense, "defence". Is that how you were taught to spell at LA, or are you a Limey? ;)

Can anyone tell me the series record between McMinn Central and Livingston? District 5 was weaker than past years but Central has played a tough non-district schedule including Bradley, Knox Webb, Maryville to name a few. I have seen two of the last three games and the Chargerettes have played some of their best ball all season. How effective Centrals press is and if Livingston can dictate game tempo will be the keys to the game IMO. Should be a heck of a game.

One of the LA fans posted the other day that LA had an overall winning record against Central. In the most recent history between the two, Central beat LA in the '08 substate game, and LA beat Central in the first round of the '09 state tournament.

Reading and is fundamental. Please re-read my post and show me where I stated that Rabbit said that LA couldn't be beat.

Me worry about the outcome of a basketball game played by teenagers? Not hardly. :rolleyes:

Yes, one of these teams will play in Murfreesboro and the other one will watch.

By the way, no one ever answered my previous question about the name 'HOGEYE". I like it!

I was one of the ones that answered the Hogeye thing the last time someone ask. Ill make a long story short because ive been driving for 12 hours but here it is: Years ago most of the girls team come from a small community in Overton Co. called Bethsedia(Spelling) During a game one night they started yelling Go Hogeye in support of there teammates who were on the floor and it stuck as our school chant. Thats a very brief explanition of it. Ill try and find the post I made on it last year and repost the whole story when I get a chance in the next day or two

I was one of the ones that answered the Hogeye thing the last time someone ask. Ill make a long story short because ive been driving for 12 hours but here it is: Years ago most of the girls team come from a small community in Overton Co. called Bethsedia(Spelling) During a game one night they started yelling Go Hogeye in support of there teammates who were on the floor and it stuck as our school chant. Thats a very brief explanition of it. Ill try and find the post I made on it last year and repost the whole story when I get a chance in the next day or two

Thanks! Would love to read it if you can find it.

By the way, for all you LA fans coming over today down I-75, getting off at the Sweetwater exit (#60), and going east on Hwy. 68, to Hwy. 411 in Madisonville. DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT AS YOU'RE DRIVING THROUGH THE CITY LIMIT OF MADISONVILLE!!!

I noticed both you and Rabbit spell defense, "defence". Is that how you were taught to spell at LA, or are you a Limey? ;)

Sometimes the glare off all the gold balls in the Upper Cumberland temporarily blinds us and causes us to spell or speak a little different. Oh, but you wouldn't understand that, would you? :popcorneater:

I found this article, including the song, "Hogeye Boogie".

http://www.josephinesjournal.com/hogeye.htm

Sometimes the glare off all the gold balls in the Upper Cumberland temporarily blinds us and causes us to spell or speak a little different. Oh, but you wouldn't understand that, would you? :popcorneater:

Actually, I would. And one of those gold balls was won playing against LA in '93 by double-digits. :roflol: