Bradford at Scotts Hill

tradertwo

THIS WHOLE THING BEGAN WHEN I MADE AN HONEST POST ABOUT THE GAME. THEN I WAS ATTACKED. SINCE THAT POINT I HAVE BEEN RESPONDING TO PROVE A POINT. SORRY GREENFIELD FAN IF I SAID ANYTHING THAT YOU FIND OFFENDING. YOU HAVE BEEN SUCH A SUPPORTER OF COMBS ALL YEAR. AND VOLS FAN SAID BRADFORD WAS LOSING OF COURSE. WHEN WE LOSE WE SUPPORT 14A. SORRY TO SCOTTS HILL FOR THE FAN AND THE SIGN. GLAD TO HEAR IT IS NOT ONE OF YOURS. AND SORRY FOR ALL I SAID. YOU GUYS HAVE A SOLID TEAM. IF YOU READ ALL MY POSTS YOU WILL SEE A LINE HERE AND THERE THAT SAYS I THINK YOU ARE GOOD. CONGRATS ON THE WIN AND GOOD LUCK AGAINST COSBY.

Daroundball,

You are waaaaaay too sensitive. All I meant by the "Bradford lost, of course" statement was that the game was over....Bradford lost...soooooo, when I said that Bradford lost....well, of course they did...as in, I'm not telling anyone nothing that they didnt know....I was simply making a statement and letting everyone know that I KNEW that Bradford had lost....that I was "not unaware."

It was not meant as a slam against Bradford...goodness gracious, I think you're taking this loss waaaaaay too hard.

Daroundball,

You are waaaaaay too sensitive. All I meant by the "Bradford lost, of course" statement was that the game was over....Bradford lost...soooooo, when I said that Bradford lost....well, of course they did...as in, I'm not telling anyone nothing that they didnt know....I was simply making a statement and letting everyone know that I KNEW that Bradford had lost....that I was "not unaware."

It was not meant as a slam against Bradford...goodness gracious, I think you're taking this loss waaaaaay too hard.

IT'S ALL GOOD. IT WAS NOT THE LOSSSSSSS THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. AND NOW THERE IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROBLEM AT ALL. ONE OF THE SCOTTS HILL FAN TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD ME THE DEAL AND ALL IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. JUST MESSING WITH YOU WITH ALL THE EXTRA LETTERS. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE AT THE END OF THE WEEK AND I DID NOT THINK BY NO MEANS IT WOULD BE BRADFORD. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I DID NOT THINK THEY WOULD STILL BE PLAYING.

ONCE AGAIN THE ADOPTED SIGN IS IN POOR TASTE. THE CHANT IS POOR TASTE. ALL SIGNS BRADFORD HAD ARE CHECKED BY AN ADULT. IF THEY ARE IN POOR TASTE THEY ARE NOT USED. YOU ARE A STUDENT OR A YOUNG ADULT. A MATURE ADULT KNOWS HIGH SCHOOL HAS 14 YEAR OLD KIDS. COLLEGE HAS ADULTS PLAYING. THIS IS WHY YOU MUST CONTROL THE KIDS. IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU DO A WRONG, ITS STILL WRONG. POOR TASTE. IF THE ADULTS THINK ITS OK THEN I AM VERY VERY PROUD TO LIVE IN BRADFORD.

You know what I thought was poor taste was one of Bradford's kids holding up a sign that said WTF? I know you said you were too old to see well but if you don't know what that sign meant....well this isn't the place to tell you. That was your fans though. I know that you don't look at your own fans at a ballgame but believe me, it's everywhere on both sides somewhere. As far as girls getting rough, it was on both sides and officiated maybe not great but fair on both ends. As far as the seating, Bradford had 750 tickets as Scotts Hill, we sold ours and the remainder of Bradfords that weren't sold were made available. That is to be expected at any sectional game. Come prepared when you come to the "HILL" for a packed house next time.

You know what I thought was poor taste was one of Bradford's kids holding up a sign that said WTF? I know you said you were too old to see well but if you don't know what that sign meant....well this isn't the place to tell you. That was your fans though. I know that you don't look at your own fans at a ballgame but believe me, it's everywhere on both sides somewhere. As far as girls getting rough, it was on both sides and officiated maybe not great but fair on both ends. As far as the seating, Bradford had 750 tickets as Scotts Hill, we sold ours and the remainder of Bradfords that weren't sold were made available. That is to be expected at any sectional game. Come prepared when you come to the "HILL" for a packed house next time.

SORRY TO HERE WE HAD A STUDENT THAT DID THAT. POOR TASTE. WE WILL CHECK THE TAPE AND SEE IF WE CAN FIND OUT WHO IT WAS. IF SO THEY WILL HAVE A PROBLEM. THOUGHT THIS WAS DONE. BUT GLAD YOU TOLD ME. ONCE AGAIN CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK WITH COSBY.

I NEVER SAID I THOUGHT THE SIGN WAS A GOOD THING, NOW DID I? I DO NOT KNOW THE GUY PERSONALLY WHO HAD THE SIGN. I JUST KNOW THAT HE IS NOT A STUDENT AT SCOTTS HILL OR FROM SCOTTS HILL. HE JUST HAD A FAMILY MEMBER PLAYING. NOR DID I EVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE. THERE WAS NOT ONE BLACK PERSON ON SCOTTS HILLS SIDE BECAUSE THERE ARE HARLDY NONE THAT GO TO SCHOOL THERE. I BELIEVE IT IS LIKE 1% BLACK. THERE JUST ARENT MANY THAT LIVE IN THAT PART OF THE COUNTY, THATS WHY. AND I RESPECT MOST ALL MY ELDERS, BUT I WILL NOT RESPECT ONE LIKE YOU. GOLDEN RULE.. DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WANT DONE UNTO YOU.. I WANT RESPECT AND IF YOU CANT SHOW ME THAT I WONT SHOW YOU EITHER.

Wow.No blacks,,I wasn't thinking about the Ape suit before but now see what Daround is referring to.I'd hate to see Lake Co come to Scotts Hill.Bradford is white compared to us.Lake Co only has 1 white on the whole team.But all our black ladies are pretty young women.If it's for the reason I'm thinking ,the Ape costume shouldnt have been allowed.Maybe next year ,Scotts Hill will get to make a trip to tBradford or Lake Co.I'm sure we will treat them with the utmost respect..even if they are all white.

Edited by mrbigster

SORRY TO HERE WE HAD A STUDENT THAT DID THAT. POOR TASTE. WE WILL CHECK THE TAPE AND SEE IF WE CAN FIND OUT WHO IT WAS. IF SO THEY WILL HAVE A PROBLEM. THOUGHT THIS WAS DONE. BUT GLAD YOU TOLD ME. ONCE AGAIN CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK WITH COSBY.

Like Greenfield said.I wouldn't harp on it any more.Congrats to Bradford on a fine season.Maybe Bradford will have an opportunity at Scotts Hill next year.Don't know what Scott's Hill will have coming back.

Like Greenfield said.I wouldn't harp on it any more.Congrats to Bradford on a fine season.Maybe Bradford will have an opportunity at Scotts Hill next year.Don't know what Scott's Hill will have coming back.

I AGREE, JUST WANTED TO LET THIS PERSON KNOW WE WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. IT WAS POOR TASTE AND OUR KIDS KNOW BETTER.

Wow.No blacks,,I wasn't thinking about the Ape suit before but now see what Daround is referring to.I'd hate to see Lake Co come to Scotts Hill.Bradford is white compared to us.Lake Co only has 1 white on the whole team.But all our black ladies are pretty young women.If it's for the reason I'm thinking ,the Ape costume shouldnt have been allowed.Maybe next year ,Scotts Hill will get to make a trip to tBradford or Lake Co.I'm sure we will treat them with the utmost respect..even if they are all white.

If the significansce of the costume worn didn't arise before the "no blacks" issue,I'm pretty dissappointed that all of a sudden it was relavent to you,bigster. I've never seen the young man in the ape suit before Saturday night,it was posted that he is not now,nor ever was a student here,and I'll assure you that none of the Scotts Hill faithful ever had the race issue cross their minds.There are virtualy no blacks in S.H. because there are none who live in this area.No big consparicy to keep them out,just none here by their own choosing I guess.We do have a few black and latino students as well as a black officer assigned to school duty,he's there every day and at every game,and will be with the team at Murfreesboro...if anyone thinks that there's any prejudice against blacks,or any other race at Scotts Hill,feel free to ask officer McClerking. If it seems that I'm a little touchy on the subject...well we've delt with that misconception here for far too long,so before it gets started I wanted to compleately expose the perception,and the truth.I'll also choose to overlook the "even if...,comment because I've seen enough of your posts to take it as all being in good fun,nothing has changed bigster,were still OK,but please don't take an offense where none was intended.

Edited by tradertwo

TRADERTWO ITS ALL GOOD. I HAVE TALKED TO MOST OF THE KIDS TODAY AND ITS ALL GOOD NOW. FOR THE BLACK KIDS IN MY FAMILY, THEY ARE STRONG KIDS SO THEY WERE GOOD. THEY ASK ME AT THE GAME AND I TOLD THEM I WAS ALL IN FUN. THEN THE 8 YEAR OLD SAW A SING HE WAS HOLDING AND I TOLD HIM IT WAS ALL GOOD, THAT I HAD HIM. I AM SORRY FOR BOTH SIDES NOW THAT I KNOW WE HAD A KID WITH A BAD SIGN THAT WAS IN POOR TASTE. NOT ANYONES FAULT HOW MANY BLACKS LIVE SOMEWHERE. SO ITS ALL GOOD. GOOD LUCK. WHAT TIME IS YOUR GAME? WE WILL BE THETE CHEERING FOR LAKE CO AND SCOTTS HILL. _

TRADERTWO ITS ALL GOOD. I HAVE TALKED TO MOST OF THE KIDS TODAY AND ITS ALL GOOD NOW. FOR THE BLACK KIDS IN MY FAMILY, THEY ARE STRONG KIDS SO THEY WERE GOOD. THEY ASK ME AT THE GAME AND I TOLD THEM I WAS ALL IN FUN. THEN THE 8 YEAR OLD SAW A SING HE WAS HOLDING AND I TOLD HIM IT WAS ALL GOOD, THAT I HAD HIM. I AM SORRY FOR BOTH SIDES NOW THAT I KNOW WE HAD A KID WITH A BAD SIGN THAT WAS IN POOR TASTE. NOT ANYONES FAULT HOW MANY BLACKS LIVE SOMEWHERE. SO ITS ALL GOOD. GOOD LUCK. WHAT TIME IS YOUR GAME? WE WILL BE THETE CHEERING FOR LAKE CO AND SCOTTS HILL. _

We play at 1:oo,and I'd love to meet some of the posters that i've gotten to "know" on here.Let me know how to find you there if you will,I plan on being there in time for all the games.

If the significansce of the costume worn didn't arise before the "no blacks" issue,I'm pretty dissappointed that all of a sudden it was relavent to you,bigster. I've never seen the young man in the ape suit before Saturday night,it was posted that he is not now,nor ever was a student here,and I'll assure you that none of the Scotts Hill faithful ever had the race issue cross their minds.There are virtualy no blacks in S.H. because there are none who live in this area.No big consparicy to keep them out,just none here by their own choosing I guess.We do have a few black and latino students as well as a black officer assigned to school duty,he's there every day and at every game,and will be with the team at Murfreesboro...if anyone thinks that there's any prejudice against blacks,or any other race at Scotts Hill,feel free to ask officer McClerking. If it seems that I'm a little touchy on the subject...well we've delt with that misconception here for far too long,so before it gets started I wanted to compleately expose the perception,and the truth.I'll also choose to overlook the "even if...,comment because I've seen enough of your posts to take it as all being in good fun,nothing has changed bigster,were still OK,but please don't take an offense where none was intended.

thanks for clearing that up tradertwo. to be honest with you, I do not believe there is an African American family that lives within 15 miles of the school. I would like to see some more come to the school so that we would stop being looked at as being prejudice, but no one is going to move down there cause Scotts Hill is not really close to nothing but a bunch of farm land. no factories or anything like that for people to work in

I agree with you completely. This is an unbelievable group of girls - ON and OFF the court....(I know most of them very well).

As I stood in the stands and watched the game yesterday all I could think about is how proud I am of all of them and Coach but for several reasons, not just their winning season. They know what they want and what needs to be done to accomplish that and they have done it every time. These girls love the game. They love knowing that they have to step up to a challenge - and they are not afraid to. They don't hold out either - they bring it to every game. On any given night any one of them WILL step up and make it happen. I thought I was gonna have a melt down when Bailey came out anDr. sunk that 3 less than ten seconds into the game. Then there was Thompson dominating the paint (and boards), Hayes brought her 3-ball with her, and they all brought their defense.

I thought the same thing you did about wanting to run more earlier in the season. Coach C has changed his game up so much since I played for him _____ years ago. I didn't understand, but knew that it really didn't matter because whatever he was doing was obviously working. And work well it has. I can honestly say that I enjoy watching this team set up and play a half court offense and execute plays than the run-and-gun game we used to play. We had a very good tea but these girls are better and are making history right now. And that is a lot of momentum.

Good luck Friday against Wayne Co.

As I hugged all the SH girls tonight after the game, we began the mantra....."31-0, 3 to go." :mrgreen:

These girls continue to amaze me with their composure and awesome team play. I've never seen a group of girls who play together so well, and so unselfishly.

One poster had mentioned speed earlier, and I myself remember back about halfway through the season when I found myself wanting us to run more. I kept thinking that we should punish teams for pressing us, and maybe even push up the score on some, but Coach C's methodic plan of controlled ball just kept winning. Then I remembered a story from the movie "Colors" where an older cop was telling a young rookie a story about some bulls and cows...not for recounting here lol, but the point or moral of the story can apply here.... I finally realized 'Okay, we can run down the court and beat SOME teams by 20pts. Or we can WALK down the court and beat them all.' 31 down, 3 to go.

Good luck in the 'Boro girls. Keep on playing with class and composure!!