Bradford at Scotts Hill

tradertwo

YOU WILL RUN OVER THIS TEAM IF YOU MEET ON AN EVEN COURT. THEEY ARE SLOW. THEY CAN NOT HANDLE THE PRESS AND THEY NEVER PRESS BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF SPEED. YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT TALKING ABOUT REFS AND FANS, BUT WHEN STREET GETS TACKLED THEN CALLED FOR A FOUL, OR COMBS SCORES THEN GETS PUNCHED IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD BY A MAD PLAYER WITH NO CALL IT IS HARD TO STAY SILENT. OVER THE BACKS NO CALLS, CHARGES NO CALLS, CLEAR WALKING VIOLATION NO CALLS. THE BETTER TEAM LOST. THEY HAD 11 TEAM FOULS FOR THE GAME. BRADFORD HAD STREET, COMBS, BRATTON AND REEVES ON THE BENCH IN FOUL TROUBLE. THE FANS BOOED WHEN BRADFORD CAME OUT. THE FANS TURNED THEIR BACKS WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED THE TEAM. THEY HAD SOMEONE IN AN APE SUIT HOLDING A SIGN THAT SAID YOU ARE ADOPTED. THEN THEY TOOK ONE FULL SIDE AND 3/4 OF THE OTHER SIDE FOR THEIR FANS. THEY OPENED THE DOORS AT 530 WHEN WE WENT IN THEY HAD LET ALOT OF THEIR FANS IN A SIDE DOOR. THEY WERE SITTING ON BOTH SIDES. NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TONIGHT.

Im sorry that you left feeling disrespected and/or cheated but everyone in the gym knew there'd be one winner and one loser when the horn sounded,and both teams did everything in their power to come out on top.The issue of some fans being seated when you came in was due to the fact that the front and back doors were both utalized due to the amount of people entering at once,hardly anyone was aware of this and after the small amount of folks at the front door were in,a deputy went to the line in back and informed everyone that the other door was being used also.As for handling the press,Bradford had a good one schematicly,and the girls broke it a high enough percentage of the time that they had as many lay-ups as turnovers.Bradford is not the first pressing team we've seen this season.For the issue of us not pressing,a solid half court defense serves the purpose of holding opposing teams well below their average scores,and is more a difference in philsophy than abality.The statement about Street being tackled and whistled for a foul,I'll agree compleately that it was a horrible call,unless there was something that I failed to see,and the "punch" I have a hard time believing but if you saw one it's regretable that one of our players reacted in that manner(I know all the girls personaly,and that's way out of character for any of them).As for the rest of the officiating,I'd like to be condecending and say that we got some breaks,but realisticly I thought it was fairly even (Street clearly plowed over a defender who was set with four fouls and no call was made),with a few walks on both sides not called and one of the Bradford reserves palmed the ball all night with only one called. Every Bradford fan who bought a ticket got a seat,every Scotts Hill fan did not. Our gym holds 1600 people,Bradford recieved 750 tickets(the amount they requested),but failed to sell them all,and for every Bradford ticket not sold a Scotts Hill fan got in.Again I'm apologetic that someone felt treated unfairly at our facility,especially someone from Bradford,whose program and fans I hold in the highest regard.Both our towns are well known for their support of the athletic programs,and I'd be surprised if everyone from Bradford has the same sour opinion of their treatment here as you do.Your girls had an excellent season to finish in the top 16 when no one gave you a chance,and I'll congratulate them on a fine season,and applaud the effort they gave.

Congrats to Bradford on a fine season.I've said all along I thought Bradford,Lake Co and Greenfield were the 3 best teams in the district.Not to dish Union City but I thought those teams matched up a little better against Lake Co.Especially Bradford on the defensive end with Street having the speed that a lot of other teams don't have to keep T.T. from driving.Really thought Greenfield would get things going ,beating a State Bound Liberty team earlier in the year.But Bradford played better and hit their groove in the tournaments.I heard Scotts Hill had some tall girls,not sure if they are taller than Middleton though.Lake Co can play a transition or half court game so I think we'll be fine as long as we are hitting from outside.Even if Lake Co isn't on their best game as far as shooting,the defense and speed of the players usually keep Lake Co in the game.

Edited by mrbigster

BIGSTER, YOU WILL BE FINE AGAINST THEM. THEY DO HIT THE 10 FOOT BASE LINE JUMPER WELL. AND THEY HAVE ONE GIRL THAT IS A SOLID FREE THROW SHOOTER. SHE HAD AT LEAST 12 TO 15 POINTS ON FROM THE LINE. GOOD SIZE, BUT WAS SLOWER THAN BRADFORD. SO YOU HAVE THE SPEED BY FAR.

Hod did Bradford match up with them size wise?Did Scotts Hill have any 6'1 or 6'2 girls or mostly a lot of 5'8 to 5'9 type players.With Lake Co having players about 5'6,have to use their speed.Against Middleton,the height came into play for them several times because they are so long.I'm thinking maybe if Scotts Hill isn't as tall,we'll be able to get those same shots off under the basket if we were to play.And hopefully the speed with make a difference.Sometimes as you know,it's about matchups and if Middleton and Scotts Hill play the same type tempo,maybe Lake Co will be able to speed the game up in transition.Wish somehow both teams do well and could meet in the finals.

Congratulations to Bradford on a great season. Coach Eddings gets more out of his teams than any coach I know and had his team peaking at the right time. Street is a player and could be up for Miss Basketball next year but as long as TT Flowers is playing then Street is still the #2 player in our district.

As for Scotts Hill, they are a classy team and a basketball town and have always loved their basketball. Everytime I have ever went to a game at Scotts Hill I was always treated with respect and appreciated their team support. I have heard many good things about this team and these girls this year and I will be pulling for you. I would love to see a Lake County/Scotts Hill championship game. Tradertwo you show alot of class in your post. Good luck to Scotts Hill.

Congrats to Scotts Hill on going undefeated and back to the 'boro. I have observed the comments about Scotts Hill's lack of speed/quickness and occasional struggles against the press. I agree with these observations (also a lack of depth) but this is an undefeated team on the way to the big dance. Undefeated indicates a very, very solid team. But we as sports fans, myself included, can't seem to resist nit picking the team at the top. However, in my worthless opinion, the two main concerns for this team winning it all are fatigue and foul trouble. I feel this team could benefit by using a zone defense. Playing man to man against a Lake County (quick) or Jackson County (precision) offense will be tough for this team to do for a full game. A zone might help to offset these issues by: reducing the fouls that can be created by the quicker teams; using their length to still close out on the 3 pt shot; and allowing them to conserve energy which is SO vital to combating the press and making late free throws. This team has a real shot at the title but they will need their first 5 to stay on the court and able to breath! Good Luck Scotts Hill. I'll be there.

Edited by Tightwad

TRADERTWO. AS GREENFIELD FAN SAID, YOU SHOW ALOT OF CLASS. THE BIG PROBLEM MOST BRADFORD FANS HAD WITH THE SEATING WAS THE RESERVED SIGNS ON 3/4 OF THE BRADFORD SIDE. WE DID HAVE FANS STANDING AND SITTING ON THE STEPS. READ THE JACKSON SUN. YOU DID NOT HANDLE THE PRESS THAT WELL. NO BASKET IN THE LAST NINE MINUTES OF THE GAME. BUT A TON OF FREE THROWS. YOU GUYS ARE HARD TO SCORE ON DOWN LOW. GREAT FROM THE LINE. AND SOLID ON 10 FOOT JUMPERS. CONGRATS TO THE TEAM. BRADFORD HAD A TEAM THAT ROUGHED UP TEAMS FOUR YEARS AGO. THEY ALSO WENT TO THE BORO. IF THE REFS LET YOU DO IT, THEN GET ROUGH. THE TABLES ARE TURNED THIS YEAR. BRADFORD TOOK ALOT OF HEAT THAT YEAR. IF YOU LOOK AT THE GAME TAPE, IN THE 4TH QUARTER WHEN COMBS SCORED WITH HER LEFT HAND IS WHEN SHE WAS HIT IN THE HEAD. IT IS AFTER THE SHOT WHEN BRADFORD TURNS TO PLAY D. IT WAS A FUN GAME TO WATCH. I LIKE A ROUGH GAME, IF IT IS ON BOTH ENDS.

Edited by daroundball

Congrats to Scotts Hill on going undefeated and back to the 'boro. I have observed the comments about Scotts Hill's lack of speed/quickness and occasional struggles against the press. I agree with these observations (also a lack of depth) but this is an undefeated team on the way to the big dance. Undefeated indicates a very, very solid team. But we as sports fans, myself included, can't seem to resist nit picking the team at the top. However, in my worthless opinion, the two main concerns for this team winning it all are fatigue and foul trouble. I feel this team could benefit by using a zone defense. Playing man to man against a Lake County (quick) or Jackson County (precision) offense could be difficult. A zone might help to offset these issues by: reducing the fouls that can be created by the quicker teams; using their length to still close out on the 3 pt shot; allowing them to conserve energy which is SO vital to combating the press and making late free throws. This team has a real shot at the title but they will need their first 5 to stay on the court and able to breath! Good Luck Scotts Hill. I'll be there.

I agree.I don't particulary like playing teams that play a slow tempo but teams that have bigger girls have to play the style suited for them.It's Lake Co's job to hopefully make them run if at all possible.Hopefully get a lead and then hold the ball and make the teams come out of the zone.For some reason,Lake Co has been intent on getting leads and still shooting outside.Lake co does have 3 or 4 girls that can hit the 3 pointer.If they are on,Lake Co is a very tough team.Had a big lead and continued letting Middleton play a zone.That's fine if you're hitting..afaid there is going to be a game where it bites them though.Make a tall team come out and play man and open up the lanes for layups.Would rather see an easy layup instead of a long shot.But so far the girls are winning .But you're right.A lot of good teams and on a given night any could probably win.The Gold Ball has a chance to go to just about any of the schools left.

Edited by mrbigster

YOU WILL RUN OVER THIS TEAM IF YOU MEET ON AN EVEN COURT. THEEY ARE SLOW. THEY CAN NOT HANDLE THE PRESS AND THEY NEVER PRESS BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF SPEED. YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT TALKING ABOUT REFS AND FANS, BUT WHEN STREET GETS TACKLED THEN CALLED FOR A FOUL, OR COMBS SCORES THEN GETS PUNCHED IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD BY A MAD PLAYER WITH NO CALL IT IS HARD TO STAY SILENT. OVER THE BACKS NO CALLS, CHARGES NO CALLS, CLEAR WALKING VIOLATION NO CALLS. THE BETTER TEAM LOST. THEY HAD 11 TEAM FOULS FOR THE GAME. BRADFORD HAD STREET, COMBS, BRATTON AND REEVES ON THE BENCH IN FOUL TROUBLE. THE FANS BOOED WHEN BRADFORD CAME OUT. THE FANS TURNED THEIR BACKS WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED THE TEAM. THEY HAD SOMEONE IN AN APE SUIT HOLDING A SIGN THAT SAID YOU ARE ADOPTED. THEN THEY TOOK ONE FULL SIDE AND 3/4 OF THE OTHER SIDE FOR THEIR FANS. THEY OPENED THE DOORS AT 530 WHEN WE WENT IN THEY HAD LET ALOT OF THEIR FANS IN A SIDE DOOR. THEY WERE SITTING ON BOTH SIDES. NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TONIGHT.

HAVE YOU NEVER BEEN TO OR WATCHED ANY BASKETBALL GAMES IN YOUR LIFE BESIDES LAST NIGHT? IF YOU HAVEN'T THE HOME TEAMS STUDENT SECTION DOES THE EXACT SAME THING AT EVERY COLLEGE AROUND. SCOTTS HILL FANS FOLLOW THEIR TEAMS AND WHEN THEY PLAY IN A SUB-STATE GAME YOU BETTER BELIEVE THAT THE GYM WILL BE PACKED AND U BETTER GET THERE EARLY! IF YOU EVER COME BACK TO THE HILL THEN EXPECT IT TO BE THE SAME EXACT WAY. And also whats the deal the the caps lock? lol

To daroundball....Here is an explanation for the reserved seating. (It was not for 3/4 of your seating that was stretch way far)If you noticed it was adults sitting in those seats. This was started a couple of years ago for the first 3 rows behind our team and scorekeeper. The reason this was done was to keep the opponents from the torment that they had been putting our teams through with the smack talking behind their backs. It was not done to keep Bradford folks from having a seat. All Bradford fans had a seat. Several, several SH fans did not. Yes SH had fans setting on the isles also where I was seated. We seated as many as we could for a Single A school gym. I am a SH fan and I entered into the same door as the Bradford fans did. There was only a few students that went in the side door. They were not going to sit on Bradford's side anyway. They went straight to our student section. Once again, there was enough seating for all those that braved the wind and cold weather and stood in the same line together shortly before 5:30.

Edited by penguin1170