Liberty Crusaders State Bound

GoCrusaders

What's up with Liberty's schedule on here? I tried to look to see who their next match-up etc, but it says something about boivar MO. and a forfeit game

Memphis Hillcrest played a young man who had exausted his elligabality due to repeating the tenth grade.To his credit the coach reported this violation to the T.S.S.A.A. as soon as he was made aware of it,but Him,the Principal,or the Athletic Director should have researched player backgrounds at the beginning of the year,per T.S.S.A.A. regulations.Hillcrest had already advanced to the regional championship game when the ruling to forfeit all games in which the player in question participated came down,adjusting their overall record from 27-4 to 0-4,and barring them from tournament play.Booker T. Washington was then named regional champion by default,and will host Bolivar in sub-state Saturday night.Liberty,also by default was awarded the sub-state win via forefit and will advance to Murfreesboro,and the elite eight.The Principal and Head Coach will go to the selection meeting where their opponent will be determined via "blind draw" method.The only potential opponent that has advanced to the finals(should Bolivar win Sat.night) that they are guaranteed not to face in the first round would be Bolivar,as any two schools from the same district will be placed in opposite sides of the bracket.Hope that this helps,feel bad for the kids in this situation beyond their control,but rules dictate actions and the staff at Hillcrest has the responsibality to put elligable players on the floor.

Memphis Hillcrest played a young man who had exausted his elligabality due to repeating the tenth grade.To his credit the coach reported this violation to the T.S.S.A.A. as soon as he was made aware of it,but Him,the Principal,or the Athletic Director should have researched player backgrounds at the beginning of the year,per T.S.S.A.A. regulations.Hillcrest had already advanced to the regional championship game when the ruling to forfeit all games in which the player in question participated came down,adjusting their overall record from 27-4 to 0-4,and barring them from tournament play.Booker T. Washington was then named regional champion by default,and will host Bolivar in sub-state Saturday night.Liberty,also by default was awarded the sub-state win via forefit and will advance to Murfreesboro,and the elite eight.The Principal and Head Coach will go to the selection meeting where their opponent will be determined via "blind draw" method.The only potential opponent that has advanced to the finals(should Bolivar win Sat.night) that they are guaranteed not to face in the first round would be Bolivar,as any two schools from the same district will be placed in opposite sides of the bracket.Hope that this helps,feel bad for the kids in this situation beyond their control,but rules dictate actions and the staff at Hillcrest has the responsibality to put elligable players on the floor.

Clarification may be needed in this post. Is it simply two teams from the same district can not be in the same bracket at the state level or is it two teams from the same region? I thought it was 2 from the same region.

actually they CAN blind draw 2 teams from the same District/region(unless it's been changed reciently) into the same First Round matchup, I've seen it done before but it is rare, saw it with Hancock County vs Cosby 2-3 times in a row in the first round of the states before, just throwing that out there.

Clarification may be needed in this post. Is it simply two teams from the same district can not be in the same bracket at the state level or is it two teams from the same region? I thought it was 2 from the same region.

Not sure enough to post,I just stated it as such because Liberty and Bolivar are in the same district.I do believe it is the same region also,but I'd have to check to be sure.

Edited by tradertwo

Not sure enough to post,I just stated it as such because Liberty and Bolivar are in the same district.I do believe it is the same region also,but I'd have to check to be sure.

Teams from the same region cannot be in the same bracket. That is still the rule I'm pretty sure. If a team is drawn for the upper half of the bracket then the other team from the same region goes into the bottom of the bracket.