Class A State pairings

greenwheel

Nobody said that they didnt count but if you are going to count AA then you have to count our AA Gold Balls by 7AA Gibson County and Westview and any others. This could go on and on with you midtenn but I am done comparing, you just want to argue.

Yes, and we'd have to include 7AA Livingston Academy's 4 state championships as well. Hopefully, some school that's never won it will win this year. I'd love to see Larry White's RBS squad win it. He'd have a heart attack right on the floor.

My goodness, you guys crack me up. We have more gold balls than you do. My dad is stronger than your dad. My mom is prettier than your mom. Who cares who has more trophies? Who cares what district has more trophies? Let me tell you about those trophies. They are nice to talk about for sure, but guess what, they are collecting dust. They have no bearing whatsoever on this year's state tourney. Jackson Co. is the only team in the tourney that can claim any relevance at all in this argument being as they are the defending champs and even that does not matter as much as they would like for it to. The bottom line is that district 7 has some great teams and so does district 14. Just leave it at that because right now it sounds like a bunch of kids arguing in a sand box.

My goodness, you guys crack me up. We have more gold balls than you do. My dad is stronger than your dad. My mom is prettier than your mom. Who cares who has more trophies? Who cares what district has more trophies? Let me tell you about those trophies. They are nice to talk about for sure, but guess what, they are collecting dust. They have no bearing whatsoever on this year's state tourney. Jackson Co. is the only team in the tourney that can claim any relevance at all in this argument being as they are the defending champs and even that does not matter as much as they would like for it to. The bottom line is that district 7 has some great teams and so does district 14. Just leave it at that because right now it sounds like a bunch of kids arguing in a sand box.

Is your mom real pretty.Is she still married?I'll go out and make a sand box....Just kidding ..I think I'm going to quit chatting with midten.Jackson co may win.Could also be one of 7 other teams also.We're about to find out.

Edited by mrbigster

GO LAKE CO. STICK WITH WHAT HAS GOT YOU THERE. SPEED, THREE POINTERS, GREAT REBOUNDING FOR A TEAM YOUR SIZE, AND SOLID D-FENSE WITH A GREAT PRESS.

I agree with you.Play your game and what got you here anf if it's good enough then it is,if it isn't..then so be it..But then again.Just may have a trick up his sleeve.Knowing Jackson co will be watching and a lot of people think they are the favorites.Coach jusy may play a zone or at least see hoe the North Greene games goes.Of coure don't want to fall behind but if Lake Co maybe controls the early part and he likes how things are going..just could nort press and give Jackson Co a look at the press or transistion game.And again..we could lose the first game.North Greene wouldn't be here if they weren't a very good team.I'm probably just rambling because Lake Co will probably just play the way they have all year.Hopefully North Greene is a team that likes to push the ball.

bigster, look me up tommorrow I will have on a Jackson Co 2011 District and Region Champ Blue Tee. Ask anybody from JC who I am. We got to have some fun, we can't do anything on the court lol

See ya tomorrow 7A......too bad you gotta behave yourself here in the big city!!! :lol:

It's late, and I have a full slate of games to watch tomorrow, but since some of you asked.....

North Greene vs Lake County - The elite of Northwest TN meets the elite of Northeast TN. North Greene returns to the State Tournament for the 2nd year in a row and has impressive victories over South Greene and Oak Ridge that stands out on their resume. They are a balanced team that will methodically wear you down both inside and out. Lake County is all speed and athleticism and is led by Miss Basketball nominee T.T. Flowers. North Greene will hold somewhat of a size advantage over Lake County, but the Lady Falcons speed should offset that. Or will it? Last year, everyone thought Middleton's speed and athleticism would be too much for the Lady Huskies and that game went down to the wire. Will this one come down to a basket at the buzzer? Not likely. If Flowers plays in control and stays on the floor, it will be hard for North Greene to keep her in front while also preventing the bombardment of "3s" that will rain down on them if they decide to help off on her. North Greene is tough, and with the right game plan (and maybe some early foul trouble on Flowers), they could pull off the win. Lake County by 9.

Jackson County vs Loretto - The most interesting first round match-up is definitely the game between the reigning Class A State Champions and the Lady Mustangs of Loretto. Both teams have extremely solid starting fives and some key reserves that can step in if needed. Everyone knows that Jackson County plays unbelievably well in Murfreesboro and they definitely have an edge in terms of experience at this stage. 5-10 Freshman Jaycee Coe is a phenomenal young talent for Jackson County that can light it up from the wing and score in bunches in just about every way. In contrast to her for Loretto is 5-11 W/F Abby Laws (SR) who has great length and nice pull up jumper (sometimes runner) that most smaller guards in Class A just can't defend. You know those two will both show up to play, so essentially they will likely offset one another (major matchup to watch if they defend one another). Jackson County has an advantage at the PG as Warden is superb and Curtis, though a very good spot up shooter, doesn't quite match-up in terms of skill or basketball IQ to Warden. Jackson County also has a sizable height advantage inside with 6-3 C Makenzie Hensley (SO), but I like the tenacity and heart of 5-8 F Hayley Farrington (JR) of Loretto. It was her play against Moore County that got Loretto to this point, and if she can find a way to get Jackson County's posts in early foul trouble, then the Lady Blue Devils will be in a world of trouble. Essentially, this ball game will come down to three things: 1.) Can Loretto keep themselves from playing Jackson County's game, which everyone knows Jim Brown is so good at making his opponents do? 2.) Who will step up to play other than the go-to players for both teams? 3.) Will Loretto be able to handle the lights, sounds, and atmosphere that is the State Tournament? As much as I would like to see Loretto win, I just cannot go against Coach Brown in a first round State Tournament game. Jackson County by 8.

Scotts Hill vs Cosby - As good as Scotts Hill was a year ago, they are even better this go around. They are a sizable team with solid, fundamental players that devote themselves to their coach's system and style of play. Essentially, they will not beat themselves. Cosby is a shocker, because no one would have predicted that the Lady Eagles would be here. To say this is a scrappy and gritty bunch would be an understatement. After losing their main go-to post player in Brooklyn Stuart, Cosby found a way to win against a much more heralded Oakdale team in Sub-State. With Scotts Hill's size at all spots, Cosby will need that scrappiness and quite a few "3-balls" if they have any chance of knocking off the undefeated Lady Lions. While this likely won't be a blow-out because Scotts Hill doesn't play the type of game that scores a lot of points quickly, I expect they will control it from the onset. Keep an eye on do-it-all sophomore Chelsea Wyatt and the Bailey girls for Scotts Hill, because they could very well lead Scotts Hill all the way this year. Scotts Hill by 14.

Red Boiling Springs vs Wayne County - Coach David Byrd of Wayne County returns for his last trip to the State Tournament this year (he is retiring after this season--12A coaches are currently smiling). As always with Wayne County, they are bringing the size to MTSU as they boast a senior post duo of 6-2 F Carly Daniel (Belmont-signee and Miss Basketball nominee) and 6-0 F Samantha Bell. As good, and as dominant as they both are, it is actually 5-9 PG Kelsey Risner (JR and Union commit) that makes them go. She is the definition of a "scoring point guard" and when she is given the green light, it is full-steam ahead for the Lady Cats. Red Boiling Springs on the other hand boasts a pretty talented PG in their own right in Layce Colter, the 3-point bomber, who all things are run through. She, as well as the rest of the RBS girls, are going to need the "3" ball to fall tomorrow because with their lack of size inside, I don't foresee them getting very many point paints against Wayne County. If there is a game that could get out of hand, it could be this one. Coach Byrd's final dance on the Murphy Center floor starts now. Wayne County by 20.

Although my predicted scores don't indicate as much, this is the most balanced the Class A State Tournament has been in a long time. There is no clear-cut favorite (not even the defending champions). Looking at the games tomorrow, it is nearly impossible to predict how much a team will win by because games at the State Tournament have their own set of conditions and variables that are often times hard to predict. These games could all be blow-outs or they could all be close. Get ready though, because regardless of what happens tomorrow, those semifinal games on Friday are going to be something to see.

Edited by ptguard12